Mystery heroes in a nutshell

General Discussion
I would love it if there was some way to tame the snowballing of the mode.

Allow transfer of ult charge upon death and respawn and the snowball effect will be greatly reduced. This needs to happen at some point, wouldn't you think?
Its a fun Arcade mode. So suspenseful!

Haha I was playing Mystery Heroes yesterday and I got Zenyatta and Moira in the first game.

I'm a healer in competitive so I have some familiarity with those 2 heroes.

Unfortunately, in the second round I got McCree....LOL

It was tough.
maybe ult charge gaind shouldnt vanish completely? Maybe you should retain 50 -75 % of gained ult charge,across different heroes.

Then at least you have a chance
02/13/2018 02:27 AMPosted by Rosalhymn
maybe ult charge gaind shouldnt vanish completely? Maybe you should retain 50 -75 % of gained ult charge,across different heroes.

It's should be 100% of the ult charge. Not ult percentage, since the value for ult activation varies between heroes, but 100% of the ult points gained should transfer over.
02/13/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Gunakor
02/13/2018 02:27 AMPosted by Rosalhymn

It's should be 100% of the ult charge. Not ult percentage, since the value for ult activation varies between heroes, but 100% of the ult points gained should transfer over.
we'll there should still be a penalty for dying. So 100% is not a good idea i feel
Also because it will probably be abused to die intentionally till you get a hero with a great ultpotential.

So you need that penalty
IF you care solely about winning this is not the mode for you
I love it when people tilt in this mode 'My team sucks, you guys are horrible at the game pls uninstall', when the enemy team has 2 bastions, 3 Orisa's and a Mercy on the payload.

ecks dee.
My team - 2 Torbjorn 4 Genji

Enemy Team - Orisa, Moira, Ana, Bastion, Soldier, Roadhog.
02/13/2018 02:44 AMPosted by Rosalhymn
02/13/2018 02:30 AMPosted by Gunakor

we'll there should still be a penalty for dying. So 100% is not a good idea i feel
Also because it will probably be abused to die intentionally till you get a hero with a great ultpotential.

So you need that penalty

You can't change heroes by suicide anymore.

If you're just feeding enemy ult charge time and time again by running headlong into enemy bullets just to get the hero of your choice I'm reporting you for throwing. Don't care if it's arcade. Play the game you queued up for. If you have a specific hero you want to play, why would you play MH in the first place?

No other mode applies a penalty to ult charge upon death. This one shouldn't either.
02/13/2018 02:22 AMPosted by Gunakor
I would love it if there was some way to tame the snowballing of the mode.

Allow transfer of ult charge upon death and respawn and the snowball effect will be greatly reduced. This needs to happen at some point, wouldn't you think?

Maybe? Part of me likes the idea but part of me also sees ult charge as an added layer of risk/reward that factors into how I play. Like, I'm a pretty mediocre McCree, and I'm usually not too bothered if I die quickly with him. But if I'm 90% to a High Noon? Now I care. Now I shift to playing a little bit more safely, because maybe I can finally guarantee a kill on that bleeping Pharmercy.

I could also see some problems with, say, earning an ult on Symmetra, dying before you can use it, and respawning as Doomfist just in time to meteor strike into a grav, without really having "earned" that kind of firepower.

But retaining ult charge does add a strategic wrinkle of when to play it. If I (a terrible Widowmaker) earn my ult... do I want to use it to wallhack people I will fail to headshot, or would I rather hang onto it until I get a hero I'll have more impact with?

So I can kind of see both sides to this one. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I have almost 250 hours on MH alone. I easily win over 50% of my matches. I get all 9 arcade lootbox wins the monday night it resets in mystery heroes every week without fail.

I don't understand how people can have such issues with winning in this mode.