Competitive Play

Competitive Discussion
Competative Play

Noted the most disgusting thing I have ever lay'ed my eyes on. The ladder is so broken that it is impractically a joke. @Blizzard instead of focusing on NERF/BUFF how about we focus on Competitive as a whole. As it sit's I have played the game three days. I got to the level to grind out my Competitive and I place Gold. Not to shavey for this being my first game on PC. With that being said, I already know who to AGRO, Counters, also some strats. With that being said I went from 2540 to currently 1616. Why you ask? Because your crap is broken. I get 15SR a win and lose 70-100 a lose. Not only that I get stuck with kid's who do not have Microphones, and also that do not know there Champion/Toon. I am super disappointing in how the "Competitive" unfolds by you.

Fixes: SIMPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MIC YOU CAN NOT PLAY OR SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO, AT GOLD PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE GAME BUT NO THEY GET LUCKY CAUSE YOUR RANKING SYSTEM IS ENTIRELY BROKE!
I don't have use a microphone. Does that mean you're better than me?
The system is constantly comparing your stats with other people playing the same hero in the same SR range.

If your stats are better, you get rewarded more for a win and punished less for a loss.

If your stats are worse, you get rewarded less for a win and punished more for a loss.

So even if your win rate is 50%, you'll be driven up or down to where you "belong" (Up until Diamond, that is). You should obviously try to win, but don't focus too much on the win/lose. The match maker is setting the odds to a coin flip anyway.

There's a few stat tracking sites out there that will compare your performance to others. I like the Oversumo app myself, because it compares your performance to your peer group instead of the overall player base. Check them out and figure out which stats you may be falling short on.

At the end of the day it's simple: carry your team and you will climb. Get carried and you will fall. The kids on your team that terrible and throwing are probably going to be on the opposing team in the next match. That's why it's a coin toss. Your job is to just be better than them at the game.
02/13/2018 08:35 AMPosted by Burden
Competative Play

Noted the most disgusting thing I have ever lay'ed my eyes on. The ladder is so broken that it is impractically a joke. @Blizzard instead of focusing on NERF/BUFF how about we focus on Competitive as a whole. As it sit's I have played the game three days. I got to the level to grind out my Competitive and I place Gold. Not to shavey for this being my first game on PC. With that being said, I already know who to AGRO, Counters, also some strats. With that being said I went from 2540 to currently 1616. Why you ask? Because your crap is broken. I get 15SR a win and lose 70-100 a lose. Not only that I get stuck with kid's who do not have Microphones, and also that do not know there Champion/Toon. I am super disappointing in how the "Competitive" unfolds by you.

Fixes: SIMPLY IF YOU DO NOT HAVE A MIC YOU CAN NOT PLAY OR SHOULD NOT BE ALLOWED TO, AT GOLD PEOPLE SHOULD UNDERSTAND THE GAME BUT NO THEY GET LUCKY CAUSE YOUR RANKING SYSTEM IS ENTIRELY BROKE!

Even with the new demotion system from Season 7, your playoverwatch.com profile would show a Platinum icon if you actually got to 2540. Not to mention that your post shows that you have a really poor attitude and you also could very well be toxic in-game.
02/13/2018 09:29 AMPosted by Salise
The system is constantly comparing your stats with other people playing the same hero in the same SR range.

If your stats are better, you get rewarded more for a win and punished less for a loss.

If your stats are worse, you get rewarded less for a win and punished more for a loss.

So even if your win rate is 50%, you'll be driven up or down to where you "belong" (Up until Diamond, that is). You should obviously try to win, but don't focus too much on the win/lose. The match maker is setting the odds to a coin flip anyway.

There's a few stat tracking sites out there that will compare your performance to others. I like the Oversumo app myself, because it compares your performance to your peer group instead of the overall player base. Check them out and figure out which stats you may be falling short on.

At the end of the day it's simple: carry your team and you will climb. Get carried and you will fall. The kids on your team that terrible and throwing are probably going to be on the opposing team in the next match. That's why it's a coin toss. Your job is to just be better than them at the game.

This is so perfect. I hope Blizzard is reading. This is advice on how to do well in competitive.

don't focus too much on the win/lose

Haha. Improve your stats, bois! This is each man for himself! The player best able to manipulate their teammates into helping them boost their own personal stats wins.
02/13/2018 08:38 AMPosted by Butterland
I don't have use a microphone. Does that mean you're better than me?

They're probably a better team player. While in my opinion most people on voice talk *too* much, call outs are important. Luckily it's not a team game in its current state.