the leaver issue in season 8

Competitive Discussion
what is wrong this season. on average, in one game out of 2 there is one leaver, either in my team or in the enemy team.....

combine that with the 50% toxicity you generally have in gold-plat and you can imagine how fun this season is getting...
At least ow have far less cheaters then pubg, all of my friends quit ow already and went to pubg or other games. bf1 have cheaters but team work over come them. In ow every rank, I played feel less and less enjoyable and more stressful than other competition games as well
The amount of leavers is going to absurd levels and it's gotten to be whoever has a team of 6 people is the team that wins. Heavier penalties need to be in place. Don't play comp with bad internet people.
because the way the system is right now, at least plat and below, losses are very punishing and winning is minimally rewarding. For some people, this creates an incentive to just quit what they see as a foregone loss; you're going to lose a big chunk of SR either way, so you might as well save yourself some time. It's bad sportsmanship, of course, but you're playing solo queue with randos, so who cares if you get a "reputation"? You get season banned? If you're this fed up, odds are you won't really care.

Blizzard can't fix people being jerks, but i think it would help if they extended the elite tier "Wins / Losses only" scoring method to all ranks. If not that, then make it a 1005 performance-based system where even if your team loses, you can gain individually. either option would encourage people to stick around.
I keep getting a leaver also whenever I hit season high on my team. That's very very annoying.
If they are habitual they won’t last long and they will be gone for the season.
I got one win from Diamond again today, I've lost the last 4 due to leavers. Last game on Eichenwalde, we steamrolled the team 3-0 then a two stack left and we lost 4v6, there really needs to be harsher penalties, not that it would matter, they probably have 5 accounts each. But hey as long as it lines Blizzards pockets, they don't care that the game is dying outside of Masters+ and OWL. Low to Mid Diamond on one platform, can't even get to diamond on the other because leavers >
02/01/2018 08:23 PMPosted by Punkrawk
because the way the system is right now, at least plat and below, losses are very punishing and winning is minimally rewarding. For some people, this creates an incentive to just quit what they see as a foregone loss; you're going to lose a big chunk of SR either way, so you might as well save yourself some time. It's bad sportsmanship, of course, but you're playing solo queue with randos, so who cares if you get a "reputation"? You get season banned? If you're this fed up, odds are you won't really care.

Blizzard can't fix people being jerks, but i think it would help if they extended the elite tier "Wins / Losses only" scoring method to all ranks. If not that, then make it a 1005 performance-based system where even if your team loses, you can gain individually. either option would encourage people to stick around.

This pretty much sums it up. Well said.