Surprise Surprise, another forced streak.

Competitive Discussion
I won like twenty games, and now I'm on a strong losing streak. Forced win/loss streaks are absolute crap. Fix this stupid MMR system, Overwatch. It isn't fair to pull in 3 gold medals and still lose games back to back. Talk to teammates, and most of them are also on losing streaks. Yes, I know, it isn't about medals. It's about objectives. Still though. Feelsbadman.jpg. Stop trying to enforce 50/50 ratios. Just let things happen naturally.
People will complain about anything! Do you know how many of us would love to have that much luck?
See

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759379305

and

03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.
02/06/2018 09:07 PMPosted by Kaawumba
See

and

03/02/2017 07:35 PMPosted by Scott Mercer
We're always trying to put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win, and do it quickly so you're playing Overwatch instead of staring at a queue timer. We never intentionally seek to put you in an unfair one.

I've seen comments like "I just won three games in a row, so the matchmaker put me in a bad stomp to get back to a 50% win rate". It doesn't do anything like that at all. It just keeps on trying to find fair matches. If you do win more than you lose, your SR will slowly go up. As that happens it'll also put you up stronger opponents that match your new SR. That's not so you lose, it's to keep your matches fair.

There's one other thing to remember, though. The results of a match that the matchmaker thought was perfectly fair don't always result in a match that is hard fought every meter of the payload and you win by just holding them off from reaching the final checkpoint at 0:00 time remaining. Matches with teams of equal skill result in 3-0 stomps more than you think. Maybe an early fight snowballed out of control due to staggered spawns, maybe a player decided he was going to try to pickup a new hero that match, or perhaps your's cat decided to play with your keyboard right before you used that Graviton Surge and it wildly missed its mark. We're all human, and we don't perform at the perfectly same level all the time. It's one of the reasons competitive games are so much fun to play and watch.

indeed it puts you against stronger opponents but it will also give you weaker players in your team. and that mostly happens when you reach your season high.
I was starting to change my mind at this however my 2011 season high game last night, my teams SR is over a 100 SR lower than the enemy team and I'm the only gold on my team vs a team of all golds the enemy team has two silver portraits and we have a lvl 25 something player I'm our teams highest lvl player,even the enemy team commented on the match making we get steam rolled.

Next game we get a DVA who jumps off map and next round into cars all map GG

Next game same thrower on enemy team great I thought...wrong he plays Ana and wrecks my team! getting impossible sleep darts unbelievable.

Next game enemy Tracer on Gibraltar at season high all play time in Rein or Mercy suddenly playing Tracer with 2 hours play time over all 8 seasons destroying our team incredibly good bragging he is boosting this account.

Next game a leaver so great...

Next game I won broke the losing streak thank god...

Next game another Leaver fantastic!

so dropped over 100SR in 6 games and if you look at how I described those games does that seem fair or something I could control?
Blizzard are just so fundamentally lost when it comes to designing a system that actually works and rewards players for playing well. People want progression. Progression in a MM system means that the better you get, the more you improve the higher you will climb the ladder, it is a natural order of things. That´s how it works in literary every other game on the planet. But not in overwatch, here the main focus is a 50-50% chance for any team to win the match... it is like what??? You cant artificially handikapp a team just because they happen to have a player that is waaaaaaay more skilled than his current rank.

I do not know who in there right mind wants every match to be a struggle for them, due to some artificiell difficulty enforced by stacking worse players on your team to constantly even the odds.

I find it absurd to see players that have been in diamond playing in plat or former plat players struggling to get out of gold. When you reached a skill level that is objectively so much higher than that current skill level climbing back should be a breez, but it is not for most players. Which is big freaking sign the system is not working, it should make the alarm clocks go off big time already. If you ever dropped a rank in CS:GO you know how you suddenly go from struggling to top fragging every match. Because you know you do not belong on that level, and the fact is you do not, and the fact is when you play against players on that level with players on that level you are easily the difference maker that wins the game.

Imagine if a football league were the best teams where not allowed to field anything but one star player and the rest a bunch of amateurs against the lesser teams because it is not a fair game unless there is a "50-50% chance for both teams" do you see the absurdity of that statement? Maybe we take the OWL teams and start to scrabble them to try fix a regular 50-50 chance for both teams, mix those top performing players with the lesser players, great fun right? For everyone!

Blizzard are clearly clueless and they do not even wanna admit it, nor do they ever give a proper explanation as to why this system is in place in the first place. Neither do they disclose the actual player numbers, which obviously are low, coz if they were even close numbers of the popular games that are in the millions as of now i doubt they would stay silent about it. My guess they are barely north of half a million across the globe, clearly dwindling down. To be honest, in no other game have a seen this many complaints constantly spamming the forums ever for such an extensive period of time, especially concerning the same issues that continue being unsolved.
The thing is, the streaks are not "forced". The problem with them is that they happen in the first place. If the algorithm operated with COMPLETELY RANDOM variables, it would be whole different story. But it clearly does not.
Also, the thing, that Kaawumba misses and devs omit, is the WAY matchmaker assesses your MMR. And devil here is in the detail.
What is no surprise is to see that forced losing streak tread...
Again
02/07/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Asheen
What is no surprise is to see that forced losing streak tread...
Again

What is more surprising is you didnt just reply 'git gud'....
02/07/2018 04:20 AMPosted by Donsnake
here the main focus is a 50-50% chance for any team to win the match... it is like what??? You cant artificially handikapp a team just because they happen to have a player that is waaaaaaay more skilled than his current rank.

I do not know who in there right mind wants every match to be a struggle for them, due to some artificiell difficulty enforced by stacking worse players on your team to constantly even the odds.

Exactly! It comes down to the simple fact that there is no other way to "put you in fair matches that we think you have a 50% chance to win" than to place underperforming people to the team of an overperforming player. What is this "we think you have 50% chance" anyway? Every player at any SR should basically be an equal to other players at the same SR. If this is not the case then the system is failing to separate people by skill. So basically you don't need MMR, all the match making has to do is find 12 people +-20 SR and low enough ping. Problem solved.
02/06/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Pangamma
I won like twenty games, and now I'm on a strong losing streak. Forced win/loss streaks are absolute crap. Fix this stupid MMR system, Overwatch. It isn't fair to pull in 3 gold medals and still lose games back to back. Talk to teammates, and most of them are also on losing streaks. Yes, I know, it isn't about medals. It's about objectives. Still though. Feelsbadman.jpg. Stop trying to enforce 50/50 ratios. Just let things happen naturally.

its not just you its all of us. everytime i get a high, i end up on a losing streak. its been this way since i was bronze. i just hit 2260ish as a high now losing. im used to it though
02/07/2018 02:18 AMPosted by adolfie
See

and

indeed it puts you against stronger opponents but it will also give you weaker players in your team. and that mostly happens when you reach your season high.

Then why doesn't this happen to me? I post my games at https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/19qAqcIcKfIulz_YN960HgV65c2GfphYdndc6lZli2CA/edit?usp=sharing

I have 39 career highs in 7 blocks. Only one block was followed by a significant loss streak. Generally, my allies are much better than they used to be. When I was in bronze/silver it was uncommon that people would respond to me over voice. In mid/high gold, it is uncommon that they don't. In bronze/silver it was rare that people would cooperate. In mid/high gold, it is rare that they don't. In bronze/silver, it was common to see people on roles that they obviously had no idea how to play. In mid/high gold, it is rare. etc.

Now I'm sure a top 500 would look at gold and say how horrible the games are, but to me they are great, compared to where I came from.
02/06/2018 08:27 PMPosted by Pangamma

In a system where long win streaks are possible then so are losing streaks.
See

and

Have you ever thought that you have touched the highest SR you should be at right now? Maybe the "weaker teammate" is you... I know, sounds crazy...
It's not really that MMR forces you on to a losing streak. It's just that MMR is designed to keep you on the brink of losing every game you play. And it's designed to do that no matter how strong of a player you are for your SR level:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760857618
02/07/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Abandofhobos

Have you ever thought that you have touched the highest SR you should be at right now? Maybe the "weaker teammate" is you... I know, sounds crazy...

it does sound crazy when I end up having 3-4 golds as zenyatta. or orisa.
10/31/2017 09:29 AMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
10/31/2017 09:25 AMPosted by Hun
Can you address "rigged MMR SYSTEM" please. Too many people crying over the system is out to get them.
It's not. Stop being so paranoid.

Addressed.
I have experienced this. Timing is too suspicious to always be coincidence.
I don’t think MMR has decided “it’s time for this guy to lose”, I think it noticed you are doing good and it’s plan is to use you to give some potatoes the win they need so they don’t quit playing and find a new game to suck at.