I miss playing Doomfist.

General Discussion
1 2 3 5 Next
Doomfist is easily my favorite hero mechanics wise but no character stresses me out most.

I love playing him but the inconsistency and bug that come with him put me in an odd place that I've never been in with a game.
it's because playing him is both fun and really unfun.

Firing off a rocket punch and comboing into an uppercut followed with a seismic slam feels amazing but the second I turn those abilities on an enemy I become stressed out of my mind as I fight against the game to play Doomfist. Attacks miss, His attack leave him very open, oddly he feels weighed down when fighting, that might just be me then there's the fact that I know my team will throwing insults at me all throughout a game.

I don't even play Doomfist anymore because it stresses me out to much having to deal with all this
So play him. Get some FFA time in and work out his quirks.

You'll have to play a bit safer than you otherwise might because of the inconsistencies, but if you spend half your time worrying about what you remember him doing, you're not gonna be in the moment to react right anyway. Treat him like a new new hero for now. Use the slam to stun, finish with a punch or an uppercut while they can't move. Remember the fist-guns to a lot of damage at close range and don't burn all your cooldowns unless you know you're not gonna need to the escape.

Yes Doomfist has bugs. No, they don't make him unplayable and they definitely don't make him unenjoyable.

And look at it this way: once they fix the bugs, you'll be a god. Go get 'em, champ.
High mobility + burst damage = great!

That same combo + bugs, inconsistent ability function, and a kit that leaves you stranded in enemy territory with a poor primary fire? = Not so great
I miss him too...
02/06/2018 10:49 PMPosted by AnActualFrog

You'll have to play a bit safer than you otherwise might because of the inconsistencies, but if you spend half your time worrying about what you remember him doing, you're not gonna be in the moment to react right anyway. Treat him like a new new hero for now. Use the slam to stun, finish with a punch or an uppercut while they can't move. Remember the fist-guns to a lot of damage at close range and don't burn all your cooldowns unless you know you're not gonna need to the escape.

Yes Doomfist has bugs. No, they don't make him unplayable and they definitely don't make him unenjoyable.

And look at it this way: once they fix the bugs, you'll be a god. Go get 'em, champ.

Oh believe me I have and in FFA Doomfist is easier to manage sure and hell, before the new movement changes when live I was getting a hold of him sorta but it's just too much now. NO player should have to fight with the game this much to just have fun with a character.
02/06/2018 10:54 PMPosted by Teegy
02/06/2018 10:49 PMPosted by AnActualFrog

Oh believe me I have and in FFA Doomfist is easier to manage sure and hell, before the new movement changes when live I was getting a hold of him sorta but it's just too much now. NO player should have to fight with the game this much to just have fun with a character.

Maybe. But while it's being worked on, people like Chipsa are showing it's possible to absolutely dominate.

My perspective on these things has been to never whine and just adapt. If there's a bug or a change that causes a hero to behave differently, i learn it. If i'm not having any fun with it, i play it less until it changes a bit.

MOST importantly though. You have to kinda forget about how it used to behave. Not in a "Oh, so we'll forget all about when Doomfist was working" way, but a firm acknowledgement that it's different at this point and none of the old stuff matters.

He's my favorite DPS. So satisfying, but i played him a lot back when his hitbox was broken. I've re-learned him now after an extended break and he's still fun, I mostly just make sure not to put myself in awkward situations when i've burned all my cooldowns and the widow can take her time with me.

His bugs are annoying, but can be reliably played around (which sounds odd). The new movement changes are disorienting, but don't make him overall harder to play. If anything, more air control could help him.

Either way. You'll never have fun with it or do as well as you were if you're stuck thinking all about how it used to be and ignoring the moment. If he's stressing you out, play him less. If you want to play him more, you'll have to re-learn him again. I think you'll find it to be rewarding to be back in the saddle once it's all done, tbh.
02/06/2018 11:06 PMPosted by AnActualFrog

Either way. You'll never have fun with it or do as well as you were if you're stuck thinking all about how it used to be and ignoring the moment. If he's stressing you out, play him less. If you want to play him more, you'll have to re-learn him again. I think you'll find it to be rewarding to be back in the saddle once it's all done, tbh.

Are you serious!? You don't think I don't know this already. Of bloody course you need to relearn a character when they are changed and just because the 0.1% of player can make him work because they treat the game like a second job that they need to pay for does not mean "Just get gud"

The point here is how bloody stressful this character is, it's unlike anything I've experienced in a game. It is nothing about me lacking the understand of how this character works on a mechanical or even mindset level. it's that having to fight through the bugs, the butchered hit box, the hate that gets thrown at me for even picking the character and the devs overall lack of interest in addressing anything about this character has broken me! Any time I think, "Maybe I'll give Doomfist a go." it is immediately followed up but the weight of all that i said above kills any enjoyment that can be found.
He definitely needs a retouching to make him enjoyable again...or even better a rework?

*shameless link* https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761656642
Same op. I was gonna try and play him as much as possible this season having practiced a s**t ton in QP and DM...but ended up having to stop trying.
In spawn everyone tells you you’re throwing before even seeing you play, and decides to ‘throw too’ so you rarely have a proper team comp to play him in.
If you do get to play him then you have to contend with bugs that present themselves at random times. Only yesterday I attempted to punch an unsuspecting Mercy on Gibraltar...to move all of 10cm because the ground was slightly inclined. Whiffing because of bugs feels super bad, and more often than not I’ll switch super quick because I feel like I’m throwing!

Then you get that rare game where you punch your team to victory and you wish you could play him every game...just when I thought I was out, they pull me back in!
I miss Best of 5 Capture maps.
Wasn't he fixed recently?
02/07/2018 01:06 AMPosted by MagicMarky

that depends on your definition of fix.
02/07/2018 01:06 AMPosted by MagicMarky

He received a couple of minor bugfixes, but not anything for the big ones.

Are you serious!? You don't think I don't know this already. Of bloody course you need to relearn a character when they are changed and just because the 0.1% of player can make him work because they treat the game like a second job that they need to pay for does not mean "Just get gud"

Not at all what i was trying to say, brother. Apologies if it came off that way.
He has some minor buffs coming. Details closer to PTR.
02/07/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan

Will he have a survivability buff?

POGGERS

Holy !@#$ Jeff you are on one today.
Omg thank god. If doomfist is getting buffed I assume meis updates are super close

Glad to know all my Doomfist practice time won't go to waste :) Can't wait!
02/07/2018 05:30 PMPosted by dradventure
Omg thank god. If doomfist is getting buffed I assume meis updates are super close

And Sym!