I miss playing Doomfist.

General Discussion
02/07/2018 05:27 PMPosted by Jeff Kaplan
He has some minor buffs coming. Details closer to PTR.

Minor buffs...that isn't sounding promising.
02/07/2018 05:36 PMPosted by SaintBoot

You will comment about this, but you won't go anywhere near the Mercy "feedback" thread, eh? Nice!

can we finish that already? i think they are aware of you giys...pls stop
02/07/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Duke
02/07/2018 06:29 PMPosted by MsGoldenWeek

The net result is a total nerf of damage against armoured target. Blizzard did it again hahahahahah. You guys are beyond clueless.

He's right... this is a nerf for doom vs armour. His primary fire needed a spread reduction and to remove the rng of the spread, not adding more pellets to it..

But to be honest, doomfist was never meant to be an anti tank anyways. He's mostly suited for handling 200 HP heroes. And none of them have armor to begin with.

Plus, spread reduction helps with his uppercut combo. So overall, it might not even be a nerf. At least wait for a play test.
Can you detail the Sombra and Mei changes as well?
02/07/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Jask
02/07/2018 06:23 PMPosted by Geoff Goodman
Doomfist actually has a couple things coming, one change is coming in the next update.

The change that is coming soon will help make his primary fire more consistent. We've increased the number of bullets that he fires, but lowered their individual damage. The net result is the same damage over time, but there shouldn't be as much variance from shot to the next. Along the same lines, we've changed his spread pattern to help consistency as well.

There is at least one more change we're testing that wont hit until a little bit later, which you guys still see once we get closer to the next PTR (as Jeff noted)

As long as Doomfist gets his bugs straightened out, he's fine. We don't need buffs to a hero who is too buggy to even play. It won't solve anything unless he's fixed.

do you play doomfist? i do, and in competitive. he needs buffs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=btCKtQmN49w
Sounds like a nerf to me. If you want to buff his gun, increase the ammo size and let us reload manually
Doomfist actually has a couple things coming, one change is coming in the next update.

The change that is coming soon will help make his primary fire more consistent. We've increased the number of bullets that he fires, but lowered their individual damage. The net result is the same damage over time, but there shouldn't be as much variance from shot to the next. Along the same lines, we've changed his spread pattern to help consistency as well.

There is at least one more change we're testing that wont hit until a little bit later, which you guys still see once we get closer to the next PTR (as Jeff noted)

Please tell us you’re buffing the hit box of RP a little bit?

Just enough so that he literally doesn’t SHRINK when using it would be a beautiful start.

Matching the visuals to some degree would be even better.

If the argument for genjis dash and deflect hit boxes size are because it’s needed to make them “feel good to use”, I don’t understand why doomfist can’t get the same treatment- and allow RP feel good to use again.

Make the ability reliable once again.

If it suddenly starts crushing casual and mid level gamers because he can reliably land it, maybe look into altering the other aspects of RP. The time it take to charge all the way, the scale at which the damage adds up, etc.
02/07/2018 06:33 PMPosted by Duke
02/07/2018 06:29 PMPosted by MsGoldenWeek

The net result is a total nerf of damage against armoured target. Blizzard did it again hahahahahah. You guys are beyond clueless.

He's right... this is a nerf for doom vs armour. His primary fire needed a spread reduction and to remove the rng of the spread, not adding more pellets to it..

Type
Shotgun Projectile
Damage
11 per pellet
66 per shot
Projectile speed
80 meters per second
Num. of pellets
6 per shot
Rate of fire
3 shots per second
Ammo
Reload time
0.75 seconds (per bullet)
Headshot

https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Doomfist

Armor Edit
Represented on the health bar by yellow (if it is innate armor) or orange (if it is temporary added armor) increments, armor will block a certain amount of HP for every shot it takes. Armor will block 5 HP damage from every individual hit that deals 10 HP damage or more. Hits that deal less than 10 HP damage will be halved their damage instead. This only applies to armor; any type of HP that comes before it (shield, temporary shield) will not gain the resistance.

http://overwatch.wikia.com/wiki/Health,_Armor,_and_Shield

Far as I can tell, it's already at the border of mitigation, so adding pellets might actually increase damage since the mitigated difference will likely be a lot smaller.

The damage being reduced by 5 is already virtually half the damage, so adding an extra attack might not actually be that horrible.

I could be wrong though, so if someone wants to actually do the math rather than curse Blizzard out, that'd be great. Then again, we don't have exact numbers yet.

I don't want Doomfist to be nerfed vs armor, but let's not jump the gun and call Blizzard clueless while basing an argument out of ignorance.
Personally would like to see him be more of a brawler DPS. Take away some power from his Rocket Punch damage (still enough to one shot 200 HP heroes at full charge into the wall) and spread that into the rest of his kit. Lower the cooldown for his Sesmic Slam and Shoryuken by 1 second and/or give him 40 or 50 barriers per enemy hit with his abilities.

People want to fit him into dive, but he should be more of a frontline street fighter that thrives off of the fight kind of like Zarya.

Can you do the same change for Roadhog?
His spread makes damage really inconsistent from shot to shot.
02/06/2018 10:43 PMPosted by Teegy
Doomfist is easily my favorite hero mechanics wise but no character stresses me out most.

I love playing him but the inconsistency and bug that come with him put me in an odd place that I've never been in with a game.
it's because playing him is both fun and really unfun.

Firing off a rocket punch and comboing into an uppercut followed with a seismic slam feels amazing but the second I turn those abilities on an enemy I become stressed out of my mind as I fight against the game to play Doomfist. Attacks miss, His attack leave him very open, oddly he feels weighed down when fighting, that might just be me then there's the fact that I know my team will throwing insults at me all throughout a game.

I don't even play Doomfist anymore because it stresses me out to much having to deal with all this

I mean with a kit like that he could have been more of a high mobility disruptive tank, but instead what you have is a hit or miss vulnerable dps. It's a great concept with a lot of potential and a high skill ceiling, just the wrong role IMO. If they were to reduce his damage potential and give him more HP/survivability the hero could be in such a great position. Increase the size and give him more of a "Johnny Bravo" type of build to fit into the tank role, but Overwatch just really needed more DPS heroes ¯\_(ツ)_/¯.

This is a very welcome change, but one concern i have, won't this be a nerf vs armored targets? he really doesn't need nerfs, intentional or not.

But bugfixes? Seriously, everyone who plays him agrees that buffs can wait or even not needed, he needs to be fixed. No amount of buffs can compensate for how broken he still is.
02/07/2018 10:30 PMPosted by iSinner

This is a very welcome change, but one concern i have, won't this be a nerf vs armored targets? he really doesn't need nerfs, intentional or not.

Guess we will have to see the new numbers and compare them with the current.

I have to say I’m happy that doomfist is finally getting looked at buff wise
Listen, my blue dudes.

If you dont increase the size of his RP hitbox, he will be less than Niche.

No hero as fat as him, can survive, with 250 HP. It simply wont work.
The change to his handcannon is bigger than most people think, it means more damage overall in the end.

Right now, the handcannon's spread is very wild. Lighter heroes usually takes 2 shots to kill after being uppercutted or slammed, but sometimes this can take 3 or even 4 due to the nature of the spread - some bullets will headshot, some won't headshot, and some won't land at all. It's not predictable and the player's skill has no control over this, it's just RNG what his shotgun will do. So adjusting the spread so it has more pellets and tightening the spread will lower or perhaps even eliminate the inconsistent amount of hits it takes to kill people.

This would mostly be less damage against armored heroes, we'll have to see though, being able to headshot more often might as well as more pellets landing overall mitigate this and might even cause more damage.

Still, there are more issues he has. The rocket punch hitbox for example is way too small and makes the ability waaay to inconsistent to land. If they just made it so that it uses Doomfist's physical hitbox (i.e no shrinking him down to the size of a pea) and then adjusted the particle effects to reflect this, that would help a lot.
Hopefully some buff for meteor strike too. Worst offensive ult of all.
We've increased the number of bullets that he fires, but lowered their individual damage. The net result is the same damage over time, but there shouldn't be as much variance from shot to the next. Along the same lines, we've changed his spread pattern to help consistency as well.

Very good. I've seen many posts about that. Participated in a lot of em myself. It sucks that sometimes your opponent can get away SO EASILY despite you using all of your abiilities however....

There is at least one more change we're testing that wont hit until a little bit later,

I PRAY that this is a fix to his passive. It's just SO ineffective most of the time. You'll only ever notice the shields if they decide not to shoot at you the entire time...or you used your ultimate, or you got shields from Symmetra, Overshields from Lucio, or Armor from Torbjorn.

A fix to his Rocket Punch hitbox would also work in a similar vein. It needs to be bigger but not too much bigger...Right now it's SUPER risky with most of the time no reward. It's just so easy to dodge.

Please do consider these...
Hey uh, when Geoff said "next update" regarding the handcannon changes, did he mean the update coming out today?

If so that's a balance change made without even being put through PTR, first one in a long time.