Random Ping Spikes on NA Central (ORD1) Server

Technical Support
Prev 1 3 4 5 Next
I am hoping this keeps up - but I was able to play all night last night from 8PM-11PMEST without any ping issues connected to ord1.
I was able to gain back 500SR during that time :D
02/14/2018 11:12 PMPosted by turtle
...Dude, this has been occurring during peak times. It will be back.

Disappointed by the lack of WinMTRs (and under 200 packets must be pretty quick too). Guess I'll have to post myself when the weekend comes. This occurs in quickplay too, right?

Yes.
Last night we played without ping spikes but still had a few lag outs. I guess you would call it. Everything just froze on screen for about 5 seconds then came back, that happened about 3 times from 8:30-11pm est.
My wife went to play during the day today and said practice range had a ping of 287( I'm not home yet so I can't see what server it put her on) and no ping spikes but the freezing continued to happen and she was dropped out of games twice.

We never had any freezing or drop outs from matches previously.
02/15/2018 10:56 AMPosted by Strife
02/14/2018 11:12 PMPosted by turtle
...Dude, this has been occurring during peak times. It will be back.

Disappointed by the lack of WinMTRs (and under 200 packets must be pretty quick too). Guess I'll have to post myself when the weekend comes. This occurs in quickplay too, right?

Yes.
Last night we played without ping spikes but still had a few lag outs. I guess you would call it. Everything just froze on screen for about 5 seconds then came back, that happened about 3 times from 8:30-11pm est.
My wife went to play during the day today and said practice range had a ping of 287( I'm not home yet so I can't see what server it put her on) and no ping spikes but the freezing continued to happen and she was dropped out of games twice.

We never had any freezing or drop outs from matches previously.
The lag in the practice range is where the game connects you to songhai instead of ord1(Chicago). If u press CTRL + SHIFT + N you can see what you are connected to
Ping still spiked for me but no higher than 30ms. Was after 7:30pm cst. Could still be towns isp issue.
just verified, no longer getting ping spikes but definitely getting rubber banding. Its a step i guess since it happens less frequently.
I spoke too soon..

MASSIVE rubber banding. And ping fluctuations are back for me.

Blizzard - we need your network engineer / wan team invovled on this...

This is NOT a desktop issue
@strife - check now, it's 8PM... right on the money..
I'm getting random spikes on the east coast.
Chatted with Blizzard support twice. Called Xfinity and they did everything they could. Still lag spikes. :-(
Still a problem. East coast/boston. 60-80 higher ms than usual with players teleporting/choppy animations. Any updates?
At least they've sticked this post so it looks like it's getting some attention.
spikes Started around 7:30 pm ended 9 pm cst. played Mystery heroes. Played two games after 9pm with no spikes. could still just be congestion in my area?
Other people don't live in your area...

Are most of you really not going to post WinMTRs?
02/15/2018 09:49 PMPosted by turtle
Other people don't live in your area...

Are most of you really not going to post WinMTRs?

Here's the thing. They'll tell us to contact our ISPs. Well, we have.
What do we do after that happened? Post in this thread. Literally nothing more I can do.
Any update on this?
Ping spikes are far better 45-70 ping game is at lest playable.
Yep west coast spikes here. Opened a ticket gave them all the info they needed. Was told it’s my isp and to call xfinity.
02/16/2018 07:08 PMPosted by MachinE
Yep west coast spikes here. Opened a ticket gave them all the info they needed. Was told it’s my isp and to call xfinity.
ITS NOT YOUR ISP!!! THEY MAKE EXCUSES AND IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!
02/16/2018 07:11 PMPosted by Lynx
02/16/2018 07:08 PMPosted by MachinE
ITS NOT YOUR ISP!!! THEY MAKE EXCUSES AND IT IS SO FRUSTRATING!

Yeah, just got off phone with xfinity. They weren’t seeing any packet loss and got a tech coming Sunday to check the lines, hoping it helps but I’m having my doubts