OWL playing on the Blizzard App: can we not?

General Discussion
This is what I'm talking about: https://i.imgur.com/bkzT4tB.png

Right there, on the Overwatch page, is an auto-play of the OWL. Can we NOT do this, please? If I cared about OWL, I'd go to Twitch and watch it. Auto-playing it like this is causing my games to lag, and frames to go wonky, and it's NOT okay.

I know there's an option to have the Blizzard app closed when launching a game, but I like chatting with my friends in between games. The OWL SHOULDN'T auto-play in the background like this. Keep that business in the OWL tab.
I agree completely.
Close the launcher.
All you have to do is click one of the arrows that moves it to the next slide. It turns it off. Or you can close your Blizzard Client.
Artificially boosting their Twitch views :|
Every auto-playing stream counts as another viewer for Blizzard's marketing statistics, so you can expect them to do nothing about this.
02/10/2018 08:36 PMPosted by BoopBot

It's not counted as a twitch view, it's a view on overwatchleague.com which has no count.
02/10/2018 08:31 PMPosted by fayescarlet

Right there, on the Overwatch page, is an auto-play of the OWL. Can we NOT do this, please? If I cared about OWL, I'd go to Twitch and watch it. Auto-playing it like this is causing my games to lag, and frames to go wonky, and it's NOT okay.

I know there's an option to have the Blizzard app closed when launching a game, but I like chatting with my friends in between games. The OWL SHOULDN'T auto-play in the background like this. Keep that business in the OWL tab.

And this explains the lag I've been getting -_- I have it muted but ugh.
02/10/2018 08:38 PMPosted by StopBanninMe

It's not counted as a twitch view, it's a view on overwatchleague.com which has no count.

Its an additonal connection to twitch. Try again.
02/10/2018 08:31 PMPosted by fayescarlet

Gotta get them views man.

How do you think they had 12m views the first time, all the auto play BS that happened.

It's failing and they're desperate.
02/10/2018 08:35 PMPosted by StopBanninMe
Close the launcher.

You can't if you want to play games, it'll re-open. OR, they can stop shoving OWL down everyone dang throats.

Cause it's honestly getting pretty darn ridiculous at this point.
02/10/2018 08:38 PMPosted by StopBanninMe

It's a twitch player embedded into that site. It is a direct link to twitch, adding to their viewer count. Artificially boosting OW's position in the twitch game directory, which is free advertising for OW, and therefor OWL. It's a problem that twitch should address, but doesn't, and it's an exploit which seems to be something Blizzard is happy to abuse.

This is some shady stuff IMO, because it's there even when we don't use that tab on the blizz app. For people with limited data it really is not cool. Just another straw to add to the stack of how much I dislike OWL.