"It's just quick play" -A question to the devs.

General Discussion
I have so many quick play games where:

* our team composition is really bad, for instance we got 2 snipers on offense, the enemy team destroys us, and when I ask them to change I get the answer "who cares, it's just quick play".
* people are fighting each other in chat, which makes them focus more on chat than actually playing the game (I see them standing in place writing their long message instead of going with me on attack), and when I tell them to focus on the game they answer "it's just quick play".

I'm not sure how to phrase my question, but does quick play look to you guys (Blizzard devs) like a (sorry for the expression) !@#$-hole where you don't have to care about the other players in your own team and act like an egoist with the supreme automated answer to all complains - "it's just quick play" ?

This doesn't sit right with me, even if it's 'just' quick play.
I'd like to see Blizzard let all players know that quick play is not a %^-* mode where you can do whatever you want.
How? maybe add some bold new warning text to quick play inside the game? I don't know.

p.s- I don't plan to reply other users who has different opinions here, I'm only interested in Blizzard's view (and hopefully a change) on this issue.

Thanks.
To make it worse, you can't leave these abusive games either or else face a penalty. I wonder how many bad players are just regular people not giving it their all because they have a 75% XP penalty. I'm fighting my matches to get rid of mine and honestly, I haven't been giving 100% to those rounds because there's no incentive to.
QP is a breeding ground of toxic behavior , truth is it has been this way for a very long time . QP should in theory be a place where players can go to practice team comp , communication and team strategy's with out a SR penalty . Instead its training ground for cancerous behaviors that carry over to competitive play . you hear " Its just QP no one cares " , And then that graduates to " its just a game " when you hit competitive . In QP 99 % of the time there is no team structure this ideology caries on into competitive ." I auto lock DPS in QP and have the thinking ill play what I want " , That thinking caries on to competitive very easy .
Answering your first argument: I'm sorry to say that, but it is just quickplay.
I play tanks and some healers 24/7 in competetive. I love Hanzo, McCree, Pharah, and I want to get good at Widow.
Arcade will only get me so far.
Am I not allowed to play DPS ever because we need a proper team comp in QP?
As long as people are not throwing just let them play what they want, otherwise 2/3 of the game will be locked forever from them.
Please assist me in a serious matter that has been on going for over two years! There has been a group of Twitch streams and pros/semi-pros working against me and throwing my games! I hope you can rally behind me as a community! I was known to be toxic to these people after experiencing this toxicity, restlessly I might add, for almost two years!

I have reported a majority of them on Twitch, but please help me get the attention of the Overwatch team ! They have been using alternative accounts and account sharing as well as DDOSing my personal internet! I would like to presume legal ramification for the torture I have ensured!

FOR HONOR AND GOLOOOOORY!
The rules is that, if you pick last, you're supposed to pick around what your team needs. Anybody can play what they want, but they're on the hook for the loss if they pick dps #5.
if they want to make quickplay more serious , they need to add some sort of reward to quickplay .
honestly idk why the lootbox weekly reward is only from Arcades not QP and people seem to take Arcades more seriously for that reason.

They probably should've introduced gold weapons to quickplay as well , that can also help I guess
Have you ever tried to play support with 5 DPS?
It’s literary killcam simulator.

You just end up not having fun, tilting AND losing on top of that.
It’s better to go 6th DPS and at least try to have fun, and maybe even win (it happens surprisingly often in QP).
Honestly, what do you expect? Let us say a player is really into a character and want to try him and whatnot. He needs a place, where he is allowed to do that.

If I am set on to play a certain character in QP, i do not even blink an eye on composition. You can win QP with any composition.

If someone harasses me over my choices in QP I would report him.

I guess you are in the wrong gamemode, not the others.
I noticed in arcade that I win way more games and have better team compositions, regardless of what I want to play. in QP, I just constantly lose games because of no team work and horrible team compositions. Ironically, the people in arcade WANT to win games. People in QP don’t.

I think QP needs an incentive. Coins for winning, daily quests, or lootboxes.
You can leave the game at the assemble hero screen (the one with the countdown) without penalty . If your team is looking bold, I would just leave the game then.
They should give a small reward for playing tanks and supports for an entire game like an XP bonus or a loot box for every 5 games you play a support or tank. But that also runs the risk of going in to a game and having people instalock D.va, Hog and Zarya and yell at you to play healer. Or they could simply add in a role limit, 2 of each role (offense and Defense counted as one role). Idk just spitting out Ideas
Go play comp. Seriously, there's your dev answer. Comp is the mode you are looking for.
Sounds like you should be playing competitive.
If you get tilted in quick play, for any reason resulting from player picks you have far more pressing issues to deal with.
To me the "it's only QP" argument only lasts until some steamroll happens.
I can take defeats, i can take people being bad at some character, and i can take horrible team comps, but only AS LONG AS IT DOESEN'T TURN THE MATCH IN A STEAMROLL.

I admit to prefer QP over competitive because is more fun for me to just play the game without worrying about ranks or underperforming with a character i like but i'm not good at (and also because my internet is garbage and DCs me at random so if i play ranked i risk to get penalized and banned), But i also say that for me is not fun to not be able to cap a single point or stop a payload for a single minute because the team has three snipers who can't aim diddlyd!$k and just keep dieing over and over by a Pharah (without Mercy) making the match a 3V6 with the enemy team having a fully working team. Even worse when the team can't even get out of spawn.

Yes, most of the time i say "It's only QP, just have some fun", but i also say "as long as you don't make us all pay for it".
It's pretty tiring to see try-hards like the OP of this topic trying to get quick play turned into competitive mode.

Quick play is casual play. As long as you're trying to win then there's no problem. Nothing at stake, no SR loss, nothing loss. At the end of every match everyone walks away a winner with EXP earned.

People going into QP and trying to tell people how to play, what characters to pick, etc are the toxic cancerous people who should reside solely competitive.
02/11/2018 09:30 AMPosted by Nerfy
if they want to make quickplay more serious , they need to add some sort of reward to quickplay .
honestly idk why the lootbox weekly reward is only from Arcades not QP and people seem to take Arcades more seriously for that reason.

They probably should've introduced gold weapons to quickplay as well , that can also help I guess
Maybe even just 1 gold wep point for a QP win ? I think that would help tons

maybe add some bold new warning text to quick play inside the game? I don't know.

They already have that at the hero selection screen on the right. It usually says TOO MANY SNIPERS and NO HEALERS.
If you care that much about winning, PLAY COMP!