D.VA Self Destruct has no Vertical Damage Fall-Off

Competitive Discussion
Is it me or is it that D.VA's Self Destruct has no vertical fall off?

If Mercy and Junkrat got nerfed for various reasons why was this never addressed?

I can be higher in the air than people are far away from the self destruct and I die instantly and they don't all at full health being 200/200 for both chars. Me being Pharah and the other being McCree at the time this was confirmed.

Throwing D.VA's self destruct in the air as it goes off has been used too many times and it is a cheap tactic taking advantage of this where no one sees the warning most of the time.

That and effects from explosions fall off in a spherical sense in the first place in the real world and the most part in this game.
Her self destruct is different than that of Rockets, Junk bombs and mines. Hers is a micro nuclear core which if there was a reality for this, would kill everyone even in minimum range. It has been addressed in the past and has been reworked in the past via her blast radius reduced slightly.
It's almost like the big red triangle on your screen means: HEY! RUN FROM THIS NUKE!
Also so what if it doesn't have vertical damage dropoff anyways? It's a zoning ultimate like S76's ultimate. Just drop from the sky like a rock and get to cover if you can.
Still not sure why you're playing pharah against pharah against d.va anyways...
02/07/2018 02:21 PMPosted by BrokenNinja
Her self destruct is different than that of Rockets, Junk bombs and mines. Hers is a micro nuclear core which if there was a reality for this, would kill everyone even in minimum range. It has been addressed in the past and has been reworked in the past via her blast radius reduced slightly.

The radius isn't the issue, its the fact that the radius is only used in the X-Y direction, not Z.
02/07/2018 02:26 PMPosted by SentaiGenji
It's almost like the big red triangle on your screen means: HEY! RUN FROM THIS NUKE!
Also so what if it doesn't have vertical damage dropoff anyways? It's a zoning ultimate like S76's ultimate. Just drop from the sky like a rock and get to cover if you can.
Still not sure why you're playing pharah against pharah against d.va anyways...

My choice in character is not the issue here, that was what I did to confirm the issue being on top of the sky box when it went off on the ground.

As for the red triangle, that is the exact point, you don't see it when it is set off on top of the sky box or have any idea what its true location is. If there were a way to indicate it is above or below you, that argument might work.
02/07/2018 02:29 PMPosted by PhoenixFerox
02/07/2018 02:21 PMPosted by BrokenNinja

The radius isn't the issue, its the fact that the radius is only used in the X-Y direction, not Z.

I'm not sure this is true.

I've flubbed a Mech Drop by aiming way too high before.
02/07/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Succubus

Same I haven't played her in a while though.
He posted this in general discussion too. Seriously.........

Go and practice more.

Never thought an idiot would complain about her ulting in the air. You want her to self destruct on walls and hallways only?!?!

Are you THAT bad that you cannot go behind a freaking pole or a wall?!?!?

WTF?
Did you repost this thread because the first one was downvoted to oblivion when everyone realized you were talking nonsense?
02/07/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Jin

Go and practice more.

Never thought an idiot would complain about her ulting in the air. You want her to self destruct on walls and hallways only?!?!

WTF?

Idiot, you mean like someone who isn't paying attention to the original topic?

In General I was getting nothing but a bunch of people with a D.VA bias spewing out nonsense so I thought I would bring the topic here hoping for a more constructive discussion, so far it has worked.
02/07/2018 03:38 PMPosted by LuckyOwl
Did you repost this thread because the first one was downvoted to oblivion when everyone realized you were talking nonsense?

No I reposed it here hoping for a more constructive conversation but forum trolls seem to be showing up here too.
02/07/2018 03:20 PMPosted by Succubus

I am trying to get to the bottom of this, going from 200 to 0 at the top of the sky box on Junkertown prior to the first checkpoint when Self Destruct is set off on the ground raises a lot of questions.
02/07/2018 03:50 PMPosted by PhoenixFerox
02/07/2018 03:27 PMPosted by Jin

Go and practice more.

WTF?

Idiot, you mean like someone who isn't paying attention to the original topic?

In General I was getting nothing but a bunch of people with a D.VA bias spewing out nonsense so I thought I would bring the topic here hoping for a more constructive discussion, so far it has worked.

Fine, then Junkrats ultimate shouldn't climb walls because it doesn't make sense in the real world for a riptire to travel that far and long.

Nerf Zenyattas orb because orbs flying around hundreds of yards doing damage and coming back doesn't make sense in the real world. etc.

It never ends. Get better and stop finding excuses.

If you can reach gold someday, you wont be having this complaint buddy.
Dva's defensive matrix range of effect is way more broken than the X-Y-Z radius of her ult.

Just last week, I waited to ult as pharah until the enemy dva was at least 5 meters behind and 5 meters below me.

I then activated my ult with my back directly facing enemy dva. Enemy dva activated her defensive matrix and ate 100% of my ult for the entire 2 seconds of matrix.

Her teammates who were in direct line of sight of my ult simply turned their sights on me and killed me while taking 0 damage from my ult.

Totally ridiculous.
02/07/2018 04:23 PMPosted by RunawayBride
Dva's defensive matrix range of effect is way more broken than the X-Y-Z radius of her ult.

Just last week, I waited to ult as pharah until the enemy dva was at least 5 meters behind and 5 meters below me.

I then activated my ult with my back directly facing enemy dva. Enemy dva activated her defensive matrix and ate 100% of my ult for the entire 2 seconds of matrix.

Her teammates who were in direct line of sight of my ult simply turned their sights on me and killed me while taking 0 damage from my ult.

Totally ridiculous.

D.VA was behind and pulled it off? Yikes.