Why does Genji...

General Discussion
Have such an overloaded kit? Why is it that he needs all this mobility? Why can he deflect most of the ults? Tell me the thought process behind all this. Tell me why Genji has remained largely unchanged? Is Blizzard too scared to change him, just like tracer, for fear of backlash?
He is the 100% play rate char. They dont want to nerf him bec he is so played.
He has gone through many changes and almost all of them were nerfs. You would know this if you played since the beta, or just did some research before posting.
02/08/2018 02:49 AMPosted by Ƙąmų
He has gone through many changes and almost all of them were nerfs. You would know this if you played since the beta, or just did some research before posting.
bug fixes are not nerfs.
Because Genji is balanced
02/08/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Mamalamadoo
bug fixes are not nerfs.

dashing though junk trap, 8 second blade, and old combo were not bugs, ledge dash was.
regardless all of them made him "worse" thus being a nerf.
02/08/2018 02:50 AMPosted by Mamalamadoo
bug fixes are not nerfs.

Yea i guess removing bleed from his SS was a bug fix right? Or how about removing the triple jump and reducing his ult duration among other changes? Sure, all just bug fixes.

I love this guy... If i had played since Beta... Ok lets go through with them all then and tell me if im wrong.

So nerfs:
Dragonblade - Went from 8-6
Wallclimb boost - was a bug so.... was fixed
Triple Jump - Again was a bug.
He went down top 150 HP but the devs didnt like that. So they put him back to 200 so that goes in the middle of nerf/buff

Buff:
Shirkuns - Had fall off and they removed that

I know there are more but i dont follow all the Genji updates (there hasnt been many).

To answer your question. Yes i have played since beta (invited to 1st round on my wow/main account). This is my smurf im trying to climb and while i do admit im not the greatest at this game i think im doing well. IMO and this is clearly an opinion piece that Genji has remained largely unchanged as has tracer. These 2 are "poster" heroes for the game and blizzard would dare not remove some of their OP abilities in case people leave.

Genji has an overloaded kit and needs to be tonned down. Do i know to what no. Because with all heroes i dont want them nerfed to the ground because that isnt the way to balance a game. There are changes that need to happen
Because Genji appeals to the little kids that play this bad game and feel mlg when they pull off an easy team wipe with his op kit and op ult. Overwatch aint about balancing its about pushing their most markatable characters like genji and tracer not actually balancing the game. Its all about the money. If Blizzard cared about diversity aswell that put fat !@# roadhog on the cover not one of the hottest white girls.
So what should be nerfed?
I think we have different definitions of "overload"...

Genji has never had a single nerf pass since the beta and yes I have been around since then. Most of the changes where animation based to remove canceling techniques but even then they where canceled when genji's ult mode was changed, to negate the all hero pass on this matter.

Its time to remove Genji's training wheels.