Can we get a daily quest(s) system?

General Discussion
Oh and before you down vote me, THINK.

If you just have to meet some idiotic conditions 'block a 20K damage' you would turn QP into an idiotic grind of nonsensical comps.

Unless you also have to WIN.

Enough with the participation trophy mentality, its ruining the world.
02/09/2018 07:13 PMPosted by MoonFrost
This would be a great way for people to play heroes they normally don't play. Example:

Block 50,000 damage as reinhardt in quickplay (doesn't have to be all 1 game)
Reward: loot box

Deliver 20 final blows as Sombra in quickplay

Etc. Rewards can also be coins.

This sounds like a good idea at first but i dont want to be forced into a game mode or do things other than play the game for fun. can you imagine seeing people who have never played sombra or are not interested in playing her in every game trying to get melee kills or whatever the quest is. I already hate having to grind arcade for loot boxes. it can be so frustrating.
02/09/2018 07:17 PMPosted by SeaTea
Daily quests are too F2P for my taste. In HoTs I felt like it was more important than playing what I wanted, so I would play the daily hero or role.
how are they to "f2p taste" they can work in any game. and this game really needs more base content
Just make it Quickplay only? or a certain game mode only, that way people won't be so salty when your teammate instalocks hanzo because he has to get 12 scatter arrow shots for a lootbox.
02/09/2018 10:43 PMPosted by idSurge
Oh and before you down vote me, THINK.

If you just have to meet some idiotic conditions 'block a 20K damage' you would turn QP into an idiotic grind of nonsensical comps.

Unless you also have to WIN.

Enough with the participation trophy mentality, its ruining the world.

Totally agreeing with this. Participation awards don't give the achievement good-feel, it's more along the lines of "lol k" feeling.

pls gib good daily quests bliz
This would be a great way for people to play heroes they normally don't play. Example:

Also everyone would want to be Reinheart to get it and they can’t. It would need to be general like damage blocked or healing done.

Hearthstone (also a Blizzard game) has a daily quest feature very similar to what you've suggested (Win 3 games as Warlock).

I'm for it but in Overwatch it may cause players to ignore the game objective trying to get their loot boxes.
Would be completely toxic and just attract trolls / throwers / generally just a-holes. I'd be fine with win X amount of games in any mode (so QP / arcade , etc.) just to discourage idiots from throwing games. (reward: x1 - x amount of lootboxes depending on the daily)
Yes I love this, if it's workable somehow.
One of my suggestions for a daily quest:

"Don't pick Hanzo in any game mode, for a minimal time of 168 hours".
Reward: Lootbox and a spray that say's
"I'm a good person" in white bubble writing.
This would be a great way for people to play heroes they normally don't play.

This wouldn't be a good way to accomplish that. Not everyone enjoys playing certain heroes. Being forced to do so would not create a positive experience, not to mention needing to complete specific objectives like you included in your post. Blizzard already does this in Hearthstone and it's really not effective at what it's supposed to accomplish, primarily because you can't complete these types of quests against the AI.

The quest objectives would need to be simple in design and doable regardless of who you pick, such as spending X amount of time moving the payload, using your ultimate X amount of times, and so on.
02/09/2018 11:32 PMPosted by Rivini
This would be a great way for people to play heroes they normally don't play.

This wouldn't be a good way to accomplish that. Not everyone enjoys playing certain heroes. Being forced to do so would not create a positive experience, not to mention needing to complete specific objectives like you included in your post. Blizzard already does this in Hearthstone and it's really not effective at what it's supposed to accomplish, primarily because you can't complete these types of quests against the AI.

The quest objectives would need to be simple in design and doable regardless of who you pick, such as spending X amount of time moving the payload, using your ultimate X amount of times, and so on.

Id argue that they aren't being forced to play something they dont want to. Encouraged to play something different they are used to, to get outside their comfort zone.

For example if I had a lucio quest (I never play him) It would really have to be a decent reward in order for me to try and complete it. If its only a small amount of coins I would personally wait for next quest, or reroll if i had the option to.

Mostly I liked how Paladins did their system, and i agree maybe my example is a bit too specific. but I think people should stay in their roles to that hero, blocking damage as rein instead of getting 20 charge kills
This should be a thing! Hope it gets looked at.
02/09/2018 09:45 PMPosted by DrgHybrid
I never want to see any of this. I play this game to relax. To knock off a match or two. If I had to play to accomplish some goal for some reward, it would feel like work again. Like I'm being forced to play it.

I'm ok with an ultimate goal (like, x number of hours played on any character) or whatever as an ultimate achievement as that's something that can be accomplished over time and at ones own pace. But daily, or weekly, resetting goals is more then what I want.

If I wanted to do that again, I'd just go back to WoW. One of the reasons of me leaving was that.

Then don't do it?
02/09/2018 11:17 PMPosted by Atomicrat

Also everyone would want to be Reinheart to get it and they can’t. It would need to be general like damage blocked or healing done.

Again, this could be worked around by making quests doable only in No Limits or Mystery Heroes. In fact, it could serve to really improve Mystery Heroes. Before, if you didn't like the hero you got, you could suicide to get a new one, but now they changed that so that you have to be killed to switch. So now people get a hero they don't like and just run out and let a dps shred them just because they didn't want to play as Sombra or Reinhardt. But if you have a quest like hack 50 players as Sombra or block x damage as Reinhardt, instead of throwing to switch heroes, they'll actually give the hero a proper try.

Quests could also be skipped and be random for everyone so that not everybody gets the same quest at the same time.
I like this idea a lot! It gives people more to do.
It would be a good incentive to keep playing.

I'd rather have them based on roles just like in other games... like Block 50,000 damage as a Tank that's able to use a barrier of some sort. Or like do 10,000 damage with a hitscan hero or smth it can go multiple ways.
I don't want my regular games to be even crappier with achievements tryhards in them.
I already have to deal with being the solo heal for 5 DPS so no thanks.
No. The reward should be coins. Right now the only way to get coins is through duplicates and rare drops. And even then the amount you get is garbage. 500 for legendary coins? During an event that is one sixth of the price of a legendary. The coins you get for duplicates are even worse... It just seems really dumb. Games like rainbow six siege allow you to get coins every single game, along with the chance to get a loot box. In overwatch you have to hope for duplicates. It's the worst loot system.
They should implement a system similar to what Halo Reach used to have, you'd get a few easy to complete daily challenge then one hard weekly challenge to try and beat, would make the game much more fun to play imo.