The Only Nerf Genji Needs: is an increased cooldown time

General Discussion
Genji is one of the most annoying and most mobile hero there is. So much so, that when it comes to a duel with Genji, it is always as if his abilities are available. With the instant reset on swift strike with any elimination and 8 second cooldown on deflect, Genji's ability recover way too fast opposed to other heroes. Tracer's recall on a 12 second cooldown, McCree's Flashbang on 10, Hanzo's sonic arrow on 18 while Genji is left at a small 8 second cooldown on both abilities, not to mention the fact eliminations and blade reset his swift strike, followed by his high mobility and fast animation cancel techniques.

All I'm suggesting is that Deflect should be changed to at least, a 10 second cooldown
He only needs a fixed deflect hitbox. Genji will already have a hard time, when the new Sombra changes go live.
No, the only nerf he needs is for Deflect's hitbox and animation to match each other.

I still don't understand why these forums think a mid-tier hero in ladder play needs nerfs, especially considering a lot of his counters are getting buffed soon.
No, it's definitely fixing deflect if anything.
You're forgetting the other things, flashbang can stun people and do 50 damage at once so it almost always guarentees a kill. Genji needs aim with his swift strike to gain a kill. Tracer has a faster fire rate than Genji and can travel faster than genji with her blinks and to top it all off has a even smaller hitbox than genji. Hanzos sonic arrow is much more powerful than Genjis swift strike or deflect which is why its on a longer cooldown.
Flashbang does 25 damage.
Honestly, the game is giving everything that you need to handle a genji with ease on a silver platter. Yet you still want a nerf to him. I mean isn't the new sombra, moira, junkrat, winston and so many other soft and hard counters enough?

For goodness sake, IMPROVE IN THIS GAME. The game will NEVER EVER give you a hero that presses E and kills genji. you need potato level of skills at least.
tracer recall on 12 sec and he dosent mention the 3 blinks she have ofc not
02/10/2018 06:52 AMPosted by Sombra
Genji is one of the most annoying and most mobile hero there is. So much so, that when it comes to a duel with Genji, it is always as if his abilities are available. With the instant reset on swift strike with any elimination and 8 second cooldown on deflect, Genji's ability recover way too fast opposed to other heroes. Tracer's recall on a 12 second cooldown, McCree's Flashbang on 10, Hanzo's sonic arrow on 18 while Genji is left at a small 8 second cooldown on both abilities, not to mention the fact eliminations and blade reset his swift strike, followed by his high mobility and fast animation cancel techniques.

All I'm suggesting is that Deflect should be changed to at least, a 10 second cooldown
or just swith off your character and play one of his many counters??
deflect hitbox, deflect cast time, reduced rmb damage, dash/rmb exploit fixed
While I despise Genji and any mobile heroes, a longer cooldown on his kit would literally destroy him. Most people would say to fix his Deflect hitbox, but what I would rather have fixed is his Dash. I have no problems with him getting a reset on a kill, but ONLY if he dealt the final hit. Genji getting a reset off an assist literally means that he could keep Dashing through enemies, or escape if it gets too dangerous for him.
Unbelievable amount of continuous hate towards genji on this forum.

I enjoy the hero, but the hard and soft counters against him plus low health makes him a nightmare to try to get good at, and worse, to find a reason not to switch off.

Things I noticed playing him: he is vulnerable during deflect from damage from behind, he dies behind cover, ult blade fails to register (3 strikes on a mercy and she's still alive), he can't get close to DPS heroes like junkrat but also tracer and mccree as an anti-DPS DPS (his main role), mccree's flashbag doesn't get deflected reliably, mercy is more mobile in flight so harder to focus down, moira shuts him down, WM's fixed hook CD means she escapes to her team easier, Sombra's apparently getting some buff so another DPS he'll fail against (see anti-dps dps), D.va burst damage rockets while defense matrix up means worthless deflect, etc.

Nerfing genji in this increasingly nightmarish auto-lock and AoE spam environment is effectively deleting him from the game.

All you kids yelling just 'get good' should try playing him, or any skilled heroes that require so much effort in a hero comp biased towards minimal skill hold-LMB.

Downvotes rains from above, see how much I care, I'm through supporting OW and find less and less reason to play it over properly balanced online FPS games that reward skill and strategy over endless hard counters and random spam. Your toxic community is a direct result of Blizzard's inability to find the word Balance in the dictionary.
He just needs a deflect hitbox reduction, the Sombra buffs will do the rest.
His swift strikes needs to not reset on assists.

That, and the deflect wall.
Everyone who thinks genji needs nerfs is actually horrible at this game.
02/10/2018 08:37 AMPosted by yusuke

LOL says the gold.
As someone who plays a hero that genji *counters*. I think genji is a balanced hero.
02/10/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Miccoli
tracer recall on 12 sec and he dosent mention the 3 blinks she have ofc not

Of course not, he's gotta develop a narrative that fits his argument, no matter how flawed it is to everyone else lol
02/10/2018 08:39 AMPosted by Elma
02/10/2018 08:37 AMPosted by yusuke

LOL says the gold.

Do any high ranked players actually feel genji is imbalanced? I don't think so. It's mainly people that suck at this game, if not only. People worse than me.
I think Sonar arrow is 20 seconds not 18