Yet another game Ruined by Junkrat

General Discussion
Prev 1 2 3 4 9 Next
Characters hide together instead of splitting up... die when caught .. k.

Nearly dead characters who barely lived through a roadhog ult get booped " OP OP OP"

keep trying.
02/10/2018 08:15 PMPosted by OWSaint
Please enlighten us on how Mercy and junkrat have ruined your experience in the OWL, since you seem to play in the OWL

Because I see players on both teams using Junk and Mercy without any problems with those characters

They ruin my viewing experience and many other's aswell

Ehm what?

Pros complain about mercy and junkrat all the time, they are forced to play them because theyre extremely broken
02/10/2018 07:53 PMPosted by Pulse
02/10/2018 07:46 PMPosted by JumpyLion
I'm starting to think you get killed by Junkrats a lot

No one obsesses this much over the same character just over a bad play

Nice try turning the point into trying to "attack" me

Nice try but I've gained like 450 SR and hit GM since the patch went live, I just love the game too much to see it getting ruined by stupid mechanics

... You basically CONFIRMED what they just stated..

Anti flank ability gets nerfed " I've gained like 450 sr" ...
02/10/2018 08:22 PMPosted by BoopBot
Characters hide together instead of splitting up... die when caught .. k.

Nearly dead characters who barely lived through a roadhog ult get booped " OP OP OP"

keep trying.

I forgot this is where the plat casual players try to teach the best players in the world how to play, my bad

I will keep trying, until I succeed, and then, I will make a post celebrating the nerfs, just like I did with Mercy and junkrat mines, and you'll see it with a sad look on your face, mark my words
02/10/2018 08:26 PMPosted by BoopBot
.. You basically CONFIRMED what they just stated..

Anti flank ability gets nerfed " I've gained like 450 sr" ...

I still play against junkrat often, the main problem of the game was Mercy

He still needs more nerfs, to ult charge and to tire climb ability, and they will happen.

Btw i played on NA servers to unlock my profile so you can try to make my point less valid based on the fact that i main flank heroes, yet I'm a flex and play anything, even Mercy, hf looking
02/10/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Pulse
I still play against junkrat often

sub 4% pick rate... define "Often."
Because Dive is the most used meta, they nerfed Lucio via his area of effect healing, they nerfed Genji (or changed him slightly, whatever), they nerfed DVA, then gave her the rockets to balance her out a bit, and could shoot while boosting.
They nerfed Ana because of the Tank meta, which has returned via Moira...
There is no winning when it comes to nerfs and buffs, just get over it. Heroes will go up and down until the right balance is found, but until then, just deal with it really. Get better at countering, instead of complaining.
02/10/2018 08:30 PMPosted by BoopBot

Pretty much 6-7 out of 10 games junkrat gets played at some point

Stop my dude, you claimed how junkrat was balanced and all that, I told you he wasn't, mine nerf happened, still not enough, more nerfs will happen.

Story shows I was right, I'm still right now
02/10/2018 07:38 PMPosted by OWSaint
I hear the sound audio for riptire
I separate from team
I watch my surrounding so I can avoid or shoot it
Wow you're so good you should tell those pro players how to play. They can learn a lot from you.
If a global "FIRE IN THE HOLE"/"GET READY FOR A SHOCK" isn't enough of a warning indicator for you that a really loud tire is about to come scrambling over a wall or careening down a passageway, you have tunnel vision..

If you magically don't have tunnel vision, then all I can really say is git guud, and in a serious sense. It has 100 HP: 2 McCree shots, a Phara Rocket, or some Soldier spam can deal with it.

As for that specific clip: Good for that guy. He utilized a sharp corner to maximize the Tire's effectiveness in surprise attacks, which is turns out is a thing that even the slower version of the tire was already good at.
I was worried that Pulse had not created 'nerf junkrat' post for a week. I hope you are okay buddie, I missed your daily threads.
02/10/2018 08:42 PMPosted by HurrDurr
I was worried that Pulse had not created 'nerf junkrat' post for a week. I hope you are okay buddie, I missed your daily threads.

Appreciated, im better than ever, EZ GM climb since the nerfs hit

However seeing this in OWL triggers me more than it happening ingame to me
02/10/2018 08:32 PMPosted by Pulse

Stop my dude, you claimed how junkrat was balanced and all that, I told you he wasn't, mine nerf happened, still not enough, more nerfs will happen.

Sub 4% puts him as getting picked once out of every ... other game... as in 1 team... Assuming the entire roster got swapped around constantly... but we know THAT doesn't happen, so its more like once every other-other game.. cool beans. Meanwhile everyone else has to deal with Moira, Dva, Tracer, Zen, Roadhog, Lucio, Genji, Winston, Rein, McCree, Orisa, Zarya, Ana more than they do a Junkrat...

Your story is like a Stephenie Meyer book.. weak, and uninformed.

Sub 4% puts him as getting picked once out of every ... other game... as in 1 team... Assuming the entire roster got swapped around constantly... but we know THAT doesn't happen, so its more like once every other-other game.. cool beans. Meanwhile everyone else has to deal with Moira, Dva, Tracer, Zen, Roadhog, Lucio, Genji, Winston, Rein, McCree, Orisa, Zarya, Ana more than they do a Junkrat...

Your story is like a Stephenie Meyer book.. weak, and uninformed.

Idk in quickplay where you play but here at GM elo people swap the comp a lot based on the enemy, the meta is 3-4 tanks, when that happens, people pick junkrat-reaper instantly
02/10/2018 07:39 PMPosted by WhiteRabbit
You will never stop until Junkrat ends like Mercy right?

Why should anyone stop whining about a character until it ends up not fun to play? After all, it worked for everyone who couldn't aim at and kill a character who was always drifting across the sky.
To preface this post, I think only small tweaks would be needed to his tire. This has very little to do with which team is winning.

Option 1: reduce ult charge by a chunk
Option 2: change the previous buff from a 30% increase to a 15% increase.

I played Junk a lot prior to ANY of his buffs, and I'd be perfectly fine with these.

02/10/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
You can say the same for lucky pulse bombs.

You can get lucky with pulse bomb, but comparing tire to it is absurd; tire is far more easy to use and more consistent as well.

I separate from team

In higher level games, separation = getting picked off. I do the same as you, but in these tournament games your options are severely limited.

Rip tire is a bit too good at the moment; it's likely the most dangerous ult in the game.

02/10/2018 07:38 PMPosted by superblahman
Jake was toxic with his t-bagging, deserved that loss, especially when they said London was "predictable". I laughed at their loss, it was hilarious.

Who cares about Jake? This is about the tire. OP might have wanted Jake to win, but why let that pollute the actual topic at hand?

As I stated earlier in this post, I played Junkrat prior to any buffs, and small changes to his tire would not make him that bad.

02/10/2018 07:46 PMPosted by OWSaint
02/10/2018 07:40 PMPosted by Pulse

Wow, did you think of that yourself alone?

Yo, either get signed to OWL or teach the best players in the world to do that, somehow their coaches and analysts haven't figured it out either, incredible...

Wait a minute you're Silver...

I know right its like You would think that PROS would know to do this but look at them being easy kills. Nice attempt to rank shame but I really don't care about my rank but remember it is a reportable offense

See, this is why discussing things objectively on this forum is virtually impossible. Everyone gets offended and deviates from the topic.

There's multiple reasons they may have hid there:
- Going out into the fight with a tire after them would be suicide
- Hoping someone else from their team can kill it
- Hoping they weren't seen; going out into the open may have been the right call in retrospect, but if they weren't spotted then what they did would have been the right call.

You're forgetting that they are fighting another team of pros + a tire on the loose.

I know my post here is futile and will be met with many downvotes, but what else can I do? I hate it when a topic is hijacked by irrational bias for/against people or players.
02/10/2018 09:01 PMPosted by Gnome
To preface this post, I think only small tweaks would be needed to his tire. This has very little to do with which team is winning.

Option 1: reduce ult charge by a chunk
Option 2: change the previous buff from a 30% increase to a 15% increase.

I played Junk a lot prior to ANY of his buffs, and I'd be perfectly fine with these.

02/10/2018 07:38 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
You can say the same for lucky pulse bombs.

You can get lucky with pulse bomb, but comparing tire to it is absurd; tire is far more easy to use and more consistent as well.

I separate from team

In higher level games, separation = getting picked off. I do the same as you, but in these tournament games your options are severely limited.

Rip tire is a bit too good at the moment; it's likely the most dangerous ult in the game.

02/10/2018 07:38 PMPosted by superblahman
Jake was toxic with his t-bagging, deserved that loss, especially when they said London was "predictable". I laughed at their loss, it was hilarious.

Who cares about Jake? This is about the tire. OP might have wanted Jake to win, but why let that pollute the actual topic at hand?

As I stated earlier in this post, I played Junkrat prior to any buffs, and small changes to his tire would not make him that bad.

02/10/2018 07:46 PMPosted by OWSaint

I know right its like You would think that PROS would know to do this but look at them being easy kills. Nice attempt to rank shame but I really don't care about my rank but remember it is a reportable offense

See, this is why discussing things objectively on this forum is virtually impossible. Everyone gets offended and deviates from the topic.

There's multiple reasons they may have hid there:
- Going out into the fight with a tire after them would be suicide
- Hoping someone else from their team can kill it
- Hoping they weren't seen; going out into the open may have been the right call in retrospect, but if they weren't spotted then what they did would have been the right call.

You're forgetting that they are fighting another team of pros + a tire on the loose.

I know my post here is futile and will be met with many downvotes, but what else can I do? I hate it when a topic is hijacked by irrational bias for/against people or players.

First reasonable answer focusing on the point of the thread and not personally focusing on me or thinking im mad becausw outlaws lost ( I was rooting for london )

Youre completely right aswell

Its probably the best ultimate at the moment

Charges insanely fast, takes little to no skill to use, you can use it from a safe spot, or even from the spawn

Thanks for your point, sadly people here try to shift the attention towards things like " just split lol " "haha flanker main " when it has nothing to do with me but OWL and tire being too strong
I separate from team

Just so you know, on the OWL patch the tire is silent while it's in the air.
02/10/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Pulse
I still play against junkrat often

He dropped about 4%, but still remains 20-40% pickrate, varying on skill level.

http://www.omnicmeta.com/2018/02/overwatch-hero-meta-report-pc-feb-8-2017.html

Am I missing something?

Link says 2017, but the article says 2018. /shrug

Edit: Am I being downvoted for coming out with actual facts rather than obeying the narrative of this forum?

This forum is a disgrace to rational thought. No one has even replied to this.

Edit2: I got my reply, so yes, I was missing something. Glad it's cleared up.