Can we raise the skill floor of Moira?

General Discussion
02/11/2018 04:38 PMPosted by CatTNT
Read the title, stop reading and have to say:

SKILL FLORR IS HOW EASY IT IS FOR SOME ONE TO PICK UP AND DO WELL WITH A CHRACTER. Bastion has a high skill FLOOR which means you can suck, but still do decently well with him because there’s not much to learn. Mercy’s has a high skill FLOOR because she is easy to pick up and do well with. Skill ceiling is how effective you can be at being good st that character. Genji and doom fist have high skill ceilings, and low skill floors. That means if you suck, you will do bad with them. But if you are really good, you will do really well with them (doom fist still needs a buff though)

You got your High/Low mixed up. A Low Skill Floor = Easy to pick up. High Skill Floor = Difficult to pick up. Low Skill Ceiling = Easy to Master. High Skill Ceiling = Difficult to Master.

---
| High Skill (Unable to apply further skill to Hero)
|
S| ------ Skill Ceiling (Maximum Skill Allowed)
K|
I| Range where Hero is effective
L|
L| ------ Skill Floor (Minimum Skill Required)
|
| Low Skill (Hero is ineffective)
---
02/11/2018 04:23 PMPosted by MEI
02/11/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Deadwing
You main Winston and Mercy... and youre complaining... about auto-aim...

Is this forum even real?
If you pay attention you can see that I havent played on this account for a year. I only use this accout to post

Also I am not complaining about auto-aim, I am saying that Moira would be much more fun to play if she requires a higher skill floor.

So stop hiding and post from your real account
First junkrat needed nerf due to "low skill floor"
Now Moira has a "low skill floor".....

jeez when will you lot be happy? when all heroes are the same?
Her aim is a soft lock-on. You have to aim, not as much as a Dva, but more than a Symmetra.
I’m start to panicking with the “Moira op, Moira no skill” daily threads. You know what I’m thinking? A Blue post is needed for clarify Moira is in the right spot.
Increase her damage and make it so you have to aim with her

Lock on of any kind is a bad mechanic for an fps game. Why learn to aim when you can play a no aim hero that's just as effective?
Sombra will be a hard counter after her buff
02/11/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Katai
With how many people complaining how Moira is ineffective as a healer, do you really think skill floor is the problem?

She's a fantastic healer. People complain that some Moira players just don't do as much of it as she is capable of.
02/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by TLiciousX
With how many people complaining how Moira is ineffective as a healer, do you really think skill floor is the problem?

She's a fantastic healer. People complain that some Moira players just don't do as much of it as she is capable of.

That's exactly what I'm talking about. She's most certainly not "too easy to get value out of her", as the OP says.
For crying out loud, Moira does not have “auto aim!” She has a soft lock on, one that breaks if you move your cursor a little less than a few centimeters away from your target! If a Moira is able constantly keep her beam on you, that means:

A: You suck
B: The Moira player knows how to aim well with her
C: You are moving in an extremely predictable pattern.
D: all of the above.

Stop demanding nerfs because you are bad at fighting a certain hero.
02/11/2018 04:18 PMPosted by MEI
I loved Moira's design when she first came out, but I soon find out that it is just too easy to get value out of her, that really turns me off. She is way too forgiving to play, and she has no counters.

We already have a lot of heroes that requires no aim, like winston and mercy, but it is not easy to get a lot of value out of these heroes if you don't know how to make the correct decision, especially winston.

Moira however combines auto aim with a get out of jail free card on short cd, and her healing is really quick. one could argue that she is the easiest hero in the game. I am not arguing she is op, but I would love it if Moira can be more of a skilled hero then she is right now.

Granted Moira isn't the "most" skill required hero in the game, but she's far from unskilled to play. Maybe if you're talking about simply "playing" her, as in acting like you're a DPS and completely ignoring your team, but then that's still playing a character poorly and being ineffective for your teammates.
Did her "bugfix" came trough? If i remember correctly that will make her not heal trough shields, thus makeing her "weaker"....That is the reason you should be careful for what you are asking.

It will just result in her becoming weak and useless most of the time, also most characters are not hard to play. The only reasom why the dps think their roles have higher skill ceilings, is that dps mains end up in !@#$ed up comps more often. (Instead of 2-2-2, 3-4 dps)

Don't listen to the dps or anyone who tries to tell you differently. Seriously only a few characters are hard to play and that can even result in them being trash like ana.
02/11/2018 04:38 PMPosted by CatTNT
Read the title, stop reading and have to say:

SKILL FLORR IS HOW EASY IT IS FOR SOME ONE TO PICK UP AND DO WELL WITH A CHRACTER. Bastion has a high skill FLOOR which means you can suck, but still do decently well with him because there’s not much to learn. Mercy’s has a high skill FLOOR because she is easy to pick up and do well with. Skill ceiling is how effective you can be at being good st that character. Genji and doom fist have high skill ceilings, and low skill floors. That means if you suck, you will do bad with them. But if you are really good, you will do really well with them (doom fist still needs a buff though)

Uh no, you're the one using it wrong, sorry. Higher skill floor means harder to pick up and do well with. Lower means easier.
02/11/2018 05:08 PMPosted by xDǶ

Lock on of any kind is a bad mechanic for an fps game.

Except this isn't a traditional fps game.

Overwatch has barriers and shields, instakills with 1 button (ultimates), resurrects, burst healing that can beat damage, hard crowd control, lifestealing, hack, deflect, "one shot" abilities and more stuff that doesn't 'fit' in other fps games. Why wouldn't lock-ons fit in Overwatch?

Also Moira's lock-on is an illusion. Her crosshair has to be on the target at all times unlike Winston and Symmetra (or Soldier and Mcree ults).
Lost me at auto-aim. Moira has a little give on live servers, but not nearly as severe as people think. The animation change of her beam going from that weird wispy thing when it's not hitting anything to it going full succ upon hitting a target is a trick of the eye that makes ppl think she has lock ons.
02/11/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Deadwing
You main Winston and Mercy... and youre complaining... about auto-aim...

Is this forum even real?
Overwatch forum in a nutshell ahaha
02/11/2018 05:08 PMPosted by xDǶ
Increase her damage and make it so you have to aim with her

Lock on of any kind is a bad mechanic for an fps game. Why learn to aim when you can play a no aim hero that's just as effective?
you mean make her do as much damage as a fully charged symmetra with the aim of a zarya which she already has? Yes let's break a hero because sheisautoaimtotallytested
i agree 100%
02/11/2018 05:16 PMPosted by TLiciousX

People are only complaining about Moira now that they've murdered Mercy. We all said this would happen and just like clockwork the anti-Mercy people turned into Anti-Moira people as soon as the nerf happened and the body was still warm. They don't hate Mercy or Moira or even Ana or Lucio they just hate healers in general because how dare someone make it harder to kill a target.