Can we raise the skill floor of Moira?

General Discussion
02/11/2018 04:18 PMPosted by MEI
I loved Moira's design when she first came out, but I soon find out that it is just too easy to get value out of her, that really turns me off. She is way too forgiving to play, and she has no counters.

We already have a lot of heroes that requires no aim, like winston and mercy, but it is not easy to get a lot of value out of these heroes if you don't know how to make the correct decision, especially winston.

Moira however combines auto aim with a get out of jail free card on short cd, and her healing is really quick. one could argue that she is the easiest hero in the game. I am not arguing she is op, but I would love it if Moira can be more of a skilled hero then she is right now.

make her have to aim by making her aim about as forgiving as soldier 76's, but no less. problem solved, case closed.

shoot me an email if you would like to hire me blizz
02/11/2018 04:48 PMPosted by CuddlyFlower
[...] and she has no counters.

Tanks don't exist apparently.

Moira however combines auto aim [...]

She has no auto-aim. Not even a little, as many suggest. Her beam collision box is just wider, just like her ultimate. You wouldn't say her ultimate is auto-aim, right? Don't confuse visuals with mechanics.

How much ice did you smoke before you typed that idiotic comment? It’s 100% a lock on beam! That’s why it locks on to the enemy! Christ some of the Moira defenders here really are stupid.

If the enemy is anywhere within the lockon range of the crosshair it will lock on and track the enemy, making it much easier to track than a beam like Zaryas (of which it has nothing in common)
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Tanks don't exist apparently.

She has no auto-aim. Not even a little, as many suggest. Her beam collision box is just wider, just like her ultimate. You wouldn't say her ultimate is auto-aim, right? Don't confuse visuals with mechanics.

How much ice did you smoke before you typed that idiotic comment? It’s 100% a lock on beam! That’s why it locks on rob tje enemy! Christ some of the Moira defenders here really are stupid.

No. A lock on would mean it has to aim at the target first and then it stays connected despite their movement. What Moira has is a beam with a visual effect smaller than its hitbox, like Genji's deflect animation. Moira "locking on" is purely an animation for the sake of making her attack a little more visually interesting than just having a wider beam and stepping on Zarya's schtick, that's it.
02/11/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Navarro

How much ice did you smoke before you typed that idiotic comment? It’s 100% a lock on beam! That’s why it locks on rob tje enemy! Christ some of the Moira defenders here really are stupid.

No. A lock on would mean it has to aim at the target first and then it stays connected despite their movement. What Moira has is a beam with a visual effect smaller than its hitbox, like Genji's deflect animation. Moira "locking on" is purely an animation for the sake of making her attack a little more visually interesting than just having a wider beam and stepping on Zarya's schtick, that's it.
Dude, it is a lock on, Moira does not have a accuracy %, and neither is all lock on heroes
02/11/2018 04:23 PMPosted by MEI
02/11/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Deadwing
You main Winston and Mercy... and youre complaining... about auto-aim...

Is this forum even real?
If you pay attention you can see that I havent played on this account for a year. I only use this accout to post

Also I am not complaining about auto-aim, I am saying that Moira would be much more fun to play if she requires a higher skill floor.

Ana is soooo fun to play with her skill floor. No.

02/11/2018 08:06 PMPosted by ChillPill
Dude, it is a lock on, Moira does not have a accuracy %, and neither is all lock on heroes

It's a beam and it does have accuracy stat. Stop lying.
02/11/2018 04:22 PMPosted by Deadwing
You main Winston and Mercy... and youre complaining... about auto-aim...

Is this forum even real?

Bizzaro World.
02/11/2018 04:27 PMPosted by MEI
02/11/2018 04:25 PMPosted by Katai
With how many people complaining how Moira is ineffective as a healer, do you really think skill floor is the problem?

Yes, her lower-than-Mercy skill floor is what stops me from playing her

So she already to hard for you to play as, and you want her to be more challenging. I think I am confused.
02/11/2018 07:47 PMPosted by Navarro

Why you always lyin?

Incorrect. Moira does indeed have an accuracy percentage for her right click. Mine for example, is 46%
Moria beam is a little like Zarya. Unless your pointing it at them, it wont effect them, where Symertra beam is a lock on type, and even moving out of sight takes at least 1/2 second to unlock then.
02/11/2018 08:08 PMPosted by HanzoMaker
02/11/2018 04:23 PMPosted by MEI
...If you pay attention you can see that I havent played on this account for a year. I only use this accout to post

Also I am not complaining about auto-aim, I am saying that Moira would be much more fun to play if she requires a higher skill floor.

Ana is soooo fun to play with her skill floor. No.

02/11/2018 08:06 PMPosted by ChillPill

It's a beam and it does have accuracy stat. Stop lying.
No she doesn’t, her weapon accuracy is always at 0%. Same as Winston and Sym. However Zarya does have an accuratcy stats
I guess now that Mercy was nerfed to the underground, it's time to move on to the next support on the list. Will you guys never stop with demanding that supports get nerfed, until they're all useless?
02/11/2018 08:58 PMPosted by Blitz
I guess now that Mercy was nerfed to the underground, it's time to move on to the next support on the list. Will you guys never stop with demanding that supports get nerfed, until they're all useless?
lol useless? support clas is by far the most powerful class in the game
Why do people talk about how a hero works when they've obviously never played her? Play one game with Moira and you'll see the accuracy stat. If you haven't even played a single game with her, you really shouldn't be arguing.
02/11/2018 04:27 PMPosted by CrankyPants
Has no counters, ok.
- Sombra > Fade/Orbs
- D.va > Orbs
- Decent Tracer/Genji > Nightmare fuel
- Any hero who can gun her down without of her attack reach > Bastion, Widow, 76, McCree

This was a list you can use on almost every 200 HP hero with some kind of range limitation

I have no idea what this was trying to prove other than this list of heroes plays almost exactly the same vs moira
02/11/2018 04:27 PMPosted by CrankyPants
her attack reach
her attack reach, you counter that by using the wall. what can you do with her damage orb, nothing. get hit, and you cant escape the map.
02/11/2018 04:37 PMPosted by Edsoulman
02/11/2018 04:28 PMPosted by OneTrickPony
This forum hate high skill heroes. Love low skill heroes.

Fun fact:
Moira had a bug that made Moira require ever so slightly more aim on her bio grasp and the moira mains absolutely went crazy and brought out their pitchforks. It was fixed and Moira RMB is back to no aim. Now they tell dps who have trouble killing Moira "git gud and learn to aim."

Oh my god do you remember that? They were like a group of monkeys flinging poo. So angry just because they had to aim a tiny bit

There’s even the idiots crying about the fact she’s getting a bug fox, calling it a “conspiracy” and a “nerf in disguise”

Heaven forbid you actually learn a hero that takes an ounce of mechanical skill.
If you remember, it turned the beam into something that couldn't be used. Or you would, if you played the hero instead of belittling everyone who's made it their sole job to keep you alive.
Just to be clear, you do have to aim...

Beams such as Sym and Mercy require you to basically click on the hero and stay with them. This is the easiest, though trying to select the right target as Mercy who is inches from death in an amorphous pack of friendlies can be tricky.

Winston has to continuously track the enemy, but its VERY forgiving. So long as the enemy is on your screen, your zappin em.

Moira is next. There's no lock on like Sym and Mercy so you've gotta track them like Winston, but you have to keep it on them, but you have some wiggle room. It's kinda like how Hanzo arrows can hit you because of the generosity of hitboxes for projectiles. She pays for this by doing extremely poor damage.

Zarya is the trickiest. No lock, no forgiveness, all track. Kinda like tracking people with a hitscan weapon like widow but is capable of doing much more damage.
02/11/2018 10:03 PMPosted by Xaron
If you remember, it turned the beam into something that couldn't be used. Or you would, if you played the hero instead of belittling everyone who's made it their sole job to keep you alive.
compared to what. mercys ping ping gun? at least it has to be pointed at somene to hurt them.
acting like this is a turn based game when you want to try to equalize her to other players. but when it makes moira seem overpowerd, you say just get out of range, use long distance attack

those long distance attacks affect everybody. noone has any counters but a shield, that has at least the possibility to be worn down or run out of power. unlike her balls of invulnerability. that you get trapped with. with 30 yards of aoe range
I think her skill is the balance of healing and dpsing. If you're doing one more than the other you're not being as effective as you could be.

Most people either DPS too much and their teammates keep dying or they're healing too much and run out of juice and their teammates die.

Most Moiras I've come across aren't very good.