I want Torb to be less situational/more viable

General Discussion
I used to play Torb a lot when the game came out and I’d like to think I was pretty damn good but as the game has evolved and almost two years have gone by he’s gotten less and less viable even after the armor regen change.

I don’t know where I stand here but I think he’s underutilized developmentally and can be a lot of fun on most or all maps, he just needs something substantial to really boost his pickrate.

I know changes are confirmed to be coming and people have made some suggestions but I don’t think we’re on the right track..

I wish I had some ideas but I’m stumped.

Where u at Geoffy drop a hint :)
Jeff and the Overwatch already have plans to change Torb, and make him better. There is no need to continue asking, we already are going to get what we want.

TL;DR You can't open your present until Christmas.
02/13/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Corborg
Jeff and the Overwatch already have plans to change Torb, and make him better. There is no need to continue asking, we already are going to get what we want.

TL;DR You can't open your present until Christmas.

What dooo we want tho.. specifically.
tbh i don't want torb to be viable.

beating a good torb takes a coordinated team effort, which i'm afraid to rely on
Reduce head critbox . It's been almost 2 years
I feel like these changes would make him significantly stronger:

Armour Packs:
Don't get fully consumed when teammates take one single damage, instead they just grant you the missing armour until fully consumed. (add a 1 second pick up cooldown)

Turret:
Auto targets shields/walls if no other target is nearby.
Instantly changes target to a player once they are in its range and a shield/wall is present and then changes back to the shield/wall once the player is not targetable anymore or dead.

Turret gets a spectate camera when you are dead, just like you can spectate every other player on your team.

Add an option to consume 50 or 100 scrap to create a level 2 turret when placing down a new turret, (like how you can cicle through Shield Gen and Teleporter on that champion that gets you banned for playing her) spawn time maybe increased by 0.5 - 1 second for the level 2 turret.
Careful, you'll anger weeb nation. God forbid things hit Genji...
I have a couple ideas. The first would be to sort of combine the healing and upgrade pools for the turret. Let me explain. Right now, a hammer swing either upgrades the turret 1/5 of the way, or heals 50 HP. I'd make the turret have a point meter to be upgraded, where it needs 250 points, and torb's hammer adds 50 points per swing. This way, alone he still upgrades it in 5 swings. If it's been damaged, say 20 points, his swing uses 20 points to heal that damage, then adds 30 points towards upgrading it. This way heroes like D.va can't indefinitely keep you from building a level 2 turret just by dealing chip damage to it constantly. If they're only doing a few points of damage per second, you can upgrade the turret in 1 extra swing.

My other idea is a little more straight forward, and that's to allow the player to throw armor packs on the turret. It gets a little tankier, and also gives you a decent buffer to soak chip damage while upgrading it. The issue I can see arising from this is the tankier turret and potential burst healing making it a little too hard to kill.
02/13/2018 04:09 PMPosted by Bard
I feel like these changes would make him significantly stronger:

Armour Packs:
Don't get fully consumed when teammates take one single damage, instead they just grant you the missing armour until fully consumed. (add a 1 second pick up cooldown)

Turret:
Auto targets shields/walls if no other target is nearby.
Instantly changes target to a player once they are in its range and a shield/wall is present and then changes back to the shield/wall once the player is not targetable anymore or dead.

Turret gets a spectate camera when you are dead, just like you can spectate every other player on your team.

Add an option to consume 50 or 100 scrap to create a level 2 turret when placing down a new turret, (like how you can cicle through Shield Gen and Teleporter on that champion that gets you banned for playing her) spawn time maybe increased by 0.5 - 1 second for the level 2 turret.

Def like the turret changes here.
Not sure about everything else might make him too strong
02/13/2018 04:10 PMPosted by WIGZ
Careful, you'll anger weeb nation. God forbid things hit Genji...

Weeb nation seems to be on full force nowadays we gotta keep substantial Torb buffs low key lol