Mei Scenario Jeff mentioned and the Buff are nonsensical.

General Discussion
I cant wait to ruin Roadhog's life with this change

and not Genji
02/14/2018 01:56 PMPosted by Oizen
I cant wait to ruin Roadhog's life with this change

and not Genji

If you can't freeze a hog already this change will have zero affect on that. Hog is already slow moving so if you're struggling to keep up and hit him you have much bigger issues.
02/14/2018 12:56 PMPosted by SFMosquito
I think the thing you guys haven't caught is that Mei's "freeze" has a hidden extra timer. There's an amount of time that it takes to freeze an enemy with a continuous blast of cold energy - let's call that X. There is a second timer, which tracks how long it's been since you last applied a tick of cold energy - let's call that Y.

Crucially, when the Y-timer has ticked down to 0, the enemy completely thaws out and Mei must begin the process again. This is the point of the buff. Now, Mei's timer won't fully reset for an additional half a second, giving her more chances to catch back up, fully popsiclise you, and put a bolt into your head for SCIENCE.

I hope you don't mind my pseudo-sciencey essay, but I figured a lot of people were going to misunderstand this when I was listening to the dev update.

Love, a former Mei main

I understood what he meant by it and how Mei works. This buff helps in no way against Tracer or Genji. They either have their cooldowns up to get away or they don't. Genji is either near a wall to climb while being frozen and make it harder to head shot him or he isn't. The scenario presented was largely fraudulent. It theoretically helps against Soldier and Lucio but that is about it because Moira and Reaper most likely remove the status debuff with their abilities.
I think the ammo change does almost nothing. To adress her actual problems, you would have to remove her delay while shooting.
The only way this buff helps is if you're trying to freeze someone with 2 ppl in front of you or you're diving a rein shield to freeze him and he's trying to keep his shield on you.

In those cases a random player passing in front of your freeze won't reset it as likely, but really if you're trying to freeze in a mess of 2+ enemies you're probably dead as Mei anyways / you should have been using icicles. In the Rein shield case it was never a problem before this just makes it easier I suppose. I guess this makes Mei stronger in really low level play, to which I say why - that's the 1 skill level she's great at already, but for the majority of players it's pretty useless.
02/14/2018 03:02 PMPosted by Ungod
If you can't freeze a hog already this change will have zero affect on that. Hog is already slow moving so if you're struggling to keep up and hit him you have much bigger issues.

It's more about keeping him between 80-99% freeze where he cant really move / aim and weaving in icicles between single blasts of freeze for like 10 seconds. They'll hate it more than Ana sleeps.