why so careful with Mei?

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
02/14/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
what reason is there to be so careful with Mei? it would take a lot to make her OP.
Blizz makes extreme changes (e.g. Mercy) and people complain, asking why they didn't make small changes.

They make small changes (e.g. Mei) and people complain, asking why they don't make more extreme changes.
02/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Metronome
They make small changes (e.g. Mei) and people complain, asking why they don't make more extreme changes.

I'm asking why it took a year to make what is almost indisputably too small a change. If they had done this as soon as they mega nerfed her ult charge at the same time they nerfed all ult charge rates making hers incredibly long to get given her low dps potential you wouldn't have the same level of pushback because we'd know if not enough (and it's not) then something more could be tried next week.

When we have evidence / history that it takes a year and probably tens of thousands of posts to get "this" nothing change we're not happy.
02/15/2018 04:16 PMPosted by Metronome
02/14/2018 03:17 PMPosted by Skyfoogle
what reason is there to be so careful with Mei? it would take a lot to make her OP.
Blizz makes extreme changes (e.g. Mercy) and people complain, asking why they didn't make small changes.

Its largely because the Overwatch team takes forever to patch things meaning we are stuck with their horrible design choices until they fix the issues they create.
02/15/2018 08:13 AMPosted by Darkorcadian
02/14/2018 03:37 PMPosted by MisterB
Favoritism, I feel like blizzard doesn't WANT to buff certain heroes into a viable spot because they may screw up the meta and create a meta that is boring to watch in OWL.

For example: People would rather watch genji do his stuff instead of a torb/bastion doing their business.

Imo they care more for OWL than the actual casual side.

are you kidding i would love to see a torbjorn in OWL running around hammering people to their death lmao. the genji tracer stuff just gets old, why i stopped watching OWL as it's just the same old same old, it gets boring fast
Mangachu hammering Zunba in the OWWC was my favorite moment in OW eSports.
Why be slow with Mei? Probably because they know Mei’s kit is just completely frustrating. They probably know that if they buff her current kit too much she’ll become a noobstomper and become a point of contention among lower level players. So I’m guessing that they’re trying to make it so that Mei does what she should be doing more consistently. Why don’t they just rework her kit? I mean... Look at the ever so successful Mercy rework.
02/14/2018 05:42 PMPosted by Sylhiri
02/14/2018 05:34 PMPosted by Rivini
Not just the pros. Casual players even more so would get frustrated from playing against Mei while she's in a prime spot. A lot of people don't seem to realize how anti-fun Mei can be if she becomes strong enough to be meta.

I'm already sick of Pharah's unhealthy gameplay design. We don't need more of it.

So whats the alternative? To just forget about Mei and leave her to rot?

No, the alternative would be to rework her so her design is healthier for the game. Sometimes characters in games can't be done any kind of justice with mere number tweaks.
Because people don't enjoy being stunned for 2 seconds?