The JunkerQueen will be hero 27, lemme convince you why.

General Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5 7 Next
02/15/2018 07:40 AMPosted by KDamage
would oddly fit in is Hanzo scatter rework

Yeah, these recent reworks remind me of the Zarya and Roadhog tweaks they made right before Doomfist's release.
02/15/2018 08:06 AMPosted by Nova
02/15/2018 08:04 AMPosted by JakuNonon
... But isn't the plan to blow that sucker up?

:'(

Oh no!! Sweet pink baby!

It's okay. It's okay. We never see Junkrat light the fuse, which means even when the payload reaches the throne, it still doesn't blow up. That cute little pachimari is safe.
I also want to point out that the hero releases have actually been going by a very distinct pattern: A random hero out of the blue -> A hero we've known about for a while and have hyped up.

First we were expecting Sombra to be the first addition. We were given a few subtle hints since beta, and I remember when everyone thought that the photo of Shrike Ana in the Anubis Attacker spawn was actually Sombra herself. Then Ana was released out of nowhere.

Then we went through the ARG and Sombra was released.

A few months later we find the "Breaking News! Doomfist attacks Numbani Airport and Museum! Doomfist Gauntlet Stolen!" which led too..... Orisa? Orisa.

Next hero? Of course, the mighty Doomfist himself, the one everyone's been looking forward to since the original cinematic trailer.

Most recently we got Moira, literally out of the blue. Absolutely no one could have predicted even her name.

Now out of all the possibilities we're currently looking at, we have people hyping up Junkerqueen the most, with Jeff himself teasing that they already have a personality set up for her. Here's to hoping, right?
02/15/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Shnobz
I only hope that she is not a protective tank with another barrier, but more like a aggressive bruiser like Roadhog, but with flamethrower, fire bombs, firewalls and other fun stuff to play with.

Yeah, I don't think they'd add another shield tank. Ana is in a terrible place already - another shield tank would make her even less viable.
But I want Brigitte Lindholm as the next hero. :-( https://overwatch.gamepedia.com/Brigitte_Lindholm

She might be another tank?
Anyone remember this post? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753485708?page=2#post-22

I feel like JunkerQueen could wield an offensive tank!
02/15/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Slyther0829
I also want to point out that the hero releases have actually been going by a very distinct pattern: A random hero out of the blue -> A hero we've known about for a while and have hyped up.

This is pretty true! Not sure if it is an intentional thing by the devs or not, but it is still an interesting pattern.
Also should probably just go ahead and point out the other pattern: roles.

Support -> DPS -> Tank -> DPS -> Support

They're probably doing it this way because Blizzard likely recognizes that DPS is the most popular role. I called Moira being a support back before Blizzcon based off of this, now I'm betting Junkerqueen is going to be another DPS (which yes, does include defense heroes).
02/15/2018 09:23 AMPosted by QueerCavalry
02/15/2018 08:46 AMPosted by Slyther0829

This is pretty true! Not sure if it is an intentional thing by the devs or not, but it is still an interesting pattern.

Hey, it'd make sense if it were intentional. They can get away with milking hype for what it's worth without being ridiculous by introducing brand new heroes in between. Like look at us now. Junkertown was announced in August I believe. 6 months later and we're still talking about the Junkerqueen being the next hero, despite already getting Moira. Hype is a powerful thing.
02/15/2018 09:17 AMPosted by hallitalli
Anyone remember this post? https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20753485708?page=2#post-22

I feel like JunkerQueen could wield an offensive tank!

03/03/2017 11:49 AMPosted by Geoff Goodman
played in a more super aggressive role like she did for a time. Overall the concept of a giant mech wreaking havok and dealing a ton of damage as an offense or defense hero is a cool one, but D.Va just isn't built for that. That said, clearly there is a strong desire for that kind of hero and it certainly would be sweet to make another mech-type hero in that space, so that's something for us to consider looking forward.

Ohh, that's what he said back then. Yeah, that could be a reference to the JunkerQueen.
Sorry but i'm honestly astounded you forgot the most obvious hint:
https://i.imgur.com/Bx6UYNq.jpg

i brought this up about in about 5-6 posts now, and people still ignores it.
now I'm betting Junkerqueen is going to be another DPS.

I think at this point, Blizzard is well aware of the need for more Tanks and Supports, and I feel pretty sure as a result that JunkerQueen will be an off-tank. Maybe an off-tank with some defense characteristics, but certainly some kind of a tanky hero, not a pure DPS.
02/15/2018 09:39 AMPosted by FranckyFox24

"Lady Junker March 20th" Is that what that says!?
02/15/2018 10:01 AMPosted by QueerCavalry
02/15/2018 09:39 AMPosted by FranckyFox24

"Lady Junker March 20th" Is that what that says!?

I guess. There's also a clapper in hollywood with the exact same dates. So could hint that the queen will come with a short. Possibly another Junkertown short. Atleast that's my take.

But so many people jumped to the conclusion she can't possibly be 27 that i gave up my research on her case tbh....
02/15/2018 07:55 AMPosted by Shnobz
Another junker is a good opportunity to introduce such chaotic weapon as a flamethrower, that is definitely an anti-dive weapon.

Fire based weapons have been talked about for such a long time. I hope that if Queen is indeed 27, she has some flamethrower-like attacks.
02/15/2018 10:09 AMPosted by FranckyFox24
But so many people jumped to the conclusion she can't possibly be 27 that i gave up my research on her case tbh....

I am not sure why so many people are so sure that she won't be hero 27. Some even feel sure that she won't be a hero at all. I don't understand it.
02/15/2018 03:21 AMPosted by Prett
Just want to say, Ares was speculated as Hero 27 because of the huge coincidence regarding Greek mythology, Athena, Ilios lore and other things, not just because of what Jeff said.

What coincidence was that? I am not aware of this theory.
02/15/2018 10:36 AMPosted by QueerCavalry
02/15/2018 10:09 AMPosted by FranckyFox24

I am not sure why so many people are so sure that she won't be hero 27. Some even feel sure that she won't be a hero at all. I don't understand it.

Well the only potential theory that i do believe would make more sense for 27 is that in the OW uprising comic, there was two camera called "27" that was brought up on reddit, and in the moira origin trailer, a never before seen silhouette could be spotted in the background.

So me and some friends have discussed the possibility of a former null-sector android/omnic that was perhaps converted to Talon and its origins will be covered in details in uprising. Which would make sense since an evil omnic and a null sector hero have been two highly requested things.

Altho if its neither that or the queen, i have no e-fin clue.
If she's not the next hero (And there's most likely a high chance she is) She will probably be the 28th hero.
The man himself posts in a Junkertown Queen speculation thread and there are still doubts about hero 27's identity? Same guy who's perfectly aware of the implications of false hype, like the Sombra ARG disaster?

Additionally, Jeff is known for doing this kind of teasing in regards to upcoming content. Months ago I joked about the possibility of a young Reinhardt skin. Jeff cryptically commented with "I remember the poster!", next thing you know Crusader Reinhardt happens.

(Source: https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20754537654?page=2#post-36 )

No way he would have ever commented on that thread if Crusader Reinhardt wasn't going to happen. Same reason why he wouldn't comment on a Hammond thread: because he's not hero 27.

Nobody can guarantee Junkertown Queen is hero 27 since they might still pull a bait-and-switch like they did with Orisa, but the evidence is overwhelming by now. Never in the past have they made it this obvious, barring Sombra.