Widowmaker should be locked until 50% accuracy

Competitive Discussion
What do you think about Widowmaker being locked in competitive mode until you have to be at least 40% - 50% weapon accuracy to play (that's when it'll be unlocked).

The majority of the Widowmaker players have accuracy below 30% and it ruins the competitive mode. Many of us feel frustrated because it feels like 5 on 6 most of the time.
Fun fact, the current top WM on gm has a 29% accuracy with Widow.
02/17/2018 04:39 AMPosted by QuickScope
Fun fact, the current top WM on gm has a 29% accuracy with Widow

In technicality that'd be because he's taking more shots, not just the ones he knows he can hit. The difference is that the people playing widow at lower ranks don't know if they can hit any shot.
Not that I'm judging, snipers are cool as hell. One cannot argue that being on a team with a widow who isn't helping sorta sucks no matter what rank you're in. I don't really care but you know o .o)
yea but he was just pointing out that OP's idea made no sense
02/17/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Depressed
What do you think about Widowmaker being locked in competitive mode until you have to be at least 40% - 50% weapon accuracy to play (that's when it'll be unlocked).

The majority of the Widowmaker players have accuracy below 30% and it ruins the competitive mode. Many of us feel frustrated because it feels like 5 on 6 most of the time.

This post made my brain hurt...help me Blizz! <3

He's also playing at a rank where he's pressured, countered, and people actually move around to not get domed.... big difference than someone playing in a lower rank where accuracy and crit should be much easier to obtain.
SCOPED accuracy is what you should look at.. and critical accuracy.

Not "weapon accuracy" cuz that's when a widow is using full auto fire and really doesn't matter at all

Even the best in the world all settle around the same numbers..

50-55% scoped acc
18-22% critical acc

Why is this lie being upvoted?
29% crit =/= scoped accuracy at all.

Also 29% crit is borderline aimbot like considering most pros have around 20%.
I think accuracy is meaningless next to useful elims over time. Snipers who sit in the back picking off the DPS heroes that push through the lines are doing nothing to help the team advance. They should be tanking and preventing the backline from being attacked, or sniping from a position where they actually help their teammates advance. If they're making useful picks and keeping the payload moving, I don't care if they run 10% accuracy.
02/17/2018 06:51 PMPosted by ShiroKabocha
I think accuracy is meaningless next to useful elims over time. Snipers who sit in the back picking off the DPS heroes that push through the lines are doing nothing to help the team advance. They should be tanking and preventing the backline from being attacked, or sniping from a position where they actually help their teammates advance. If they're making useful picks and keeping the payload moving, I don't care if they run 10% accuracy.

So if the sniper is picking off people on the cart then they are doing their jobs as "snipers" now you see those picks they got now push in because you have an advantage.
yeah if a sniper is killing ppl, theyre doing their job regardless. obviously certain heroes getting picked is of greater immediate impact than others (a reaper who was gonna kill your tank in one more shot etcetc) but bottom line, in a team game where the teams are only 6 ppl each, killing off one of the enemy team is a significant boost under any circumstances.

no matter what kind of map or objective or whatever, you still wont win unless youre killing enemy players. fun fact. try it without actually doing any dmg, just for grins.

did ya win that match? no? thought not..

if youre on the capture point and so are they.. you can only make the meter advance if theres more of your team than there are of them. simple. video game 101. gotta kill stuff. if a widow/hanzo/whatever kills stuff, then fine.
02/17/2018 04:16 PMPosted by LucyIsaKat
Fun fact, the current top WM on gm has a 29% accuracy with Widow

In technicality that'd be because he's taking more shots, not just the ones he knows he can hit. The difference is that the people playing widow at lower ranks don't know if they can hit any shot.
Not that I'm judging, snipers are cool as hell. One cannot argue that being on a team with a widow who isn't helping sorta sucks no matter what rank you're in. I don't really care but you know o .o)

save your breathe.. lower elo's can't deal with facts.
02/17/2018 08:26 PMPosted by SaidTheBear
yeah if a sniper is killing ppl, theyre doing their job regardless.

Yeah, I hear this one a lot. The widow that's getting 10s and 20s with bodyshots from safe inside the spawn at King's Row while the other five players are trying to capture the point. Or the one perched on the archway at Anubis who has gold elims but hasn't hit a single healer the whole game.

I like snipers too and I am also frequently enraged by enemy snipers... when they're in strategic positions that force my team off the point or away from the cart. But there's nothing easier than defending against a widow who won't get anywhere near the point.

The accuracy counter doesn't know the difference between a widow who stays alive and uses ten bullets to kill two healers and a widow who rushes the point and shoots Roadhog twice in the butt, then hookshots her way to safety while he gasses up to full health.

If you made accuracy the point of the game instead of capturing the point, then it wouldn't change a thing, because snipers would use the above technique to get access to the hero and then go about sucking just like they always did. And if you made it a requirement that they maintain that accuracy, then snipers would just stop taking important shots and only take easy ones.
02/17/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Oatmeal

Why is this lie being upvoted?
29% crit =/= scoped accuracy at all.

Also 29% crit is borderline aimbot like considering most pros have around 20%.

Because I'm not?
https://imgur.com/a/NGOlG

Granted the stat is in qp, but I just disproved the op, weapon accuracy doesn't matter. You can check all the other gm widowmaker as well, and some of them will have accuracy lower than 40-50%.
02/17/2018 08:28 PMPosted by denouement
save your breathe.. lower elo's can't deal with facts.

Here are some facts, can you deal with them?
Breathe is a verb that means to inhale and exhale, I assume you intended to use "breath."
Elos* (Elo is a name, and an apostrophe before the "s" makes it mean "Elo is" - remove the apostrophe for the plural form.)

Also, lol @ low diamond with barely 3 hours played this season, and on a losing streak to boot, mocking lower ranks. Play a few games past your placements and you might adjust your attitude.
Who'd guess a Roadhog player would make a thread about weapon accuracy. That's a little ironic. How about Roadhog is locked until 60% hook accuracy? After all, you're not doing anything but charging Ults if you're not hooking people???
*Has exactly 50% accuracy*

*Can get a game winning shot if they kill the D.Va mech in OT*

*Refuses to take the shot since if she puts up her DM it'll drop accuracy below 50% and thus lock Widowmaker*
You cannot look at weapon accuracy in a vacuum with any hero. It's totally different to have an X amount of accuracy against bronze players than against grandmasters who have infinitely superior movement and positioning.