Widowmaker should be locked until 50% accuracy

Competitive Discussion
02/17/2018 04:28 AMPosted by Depressed
What do you think about Widowmaker being locked in competitive mode until you have to be at least 40% - 50% weapon accuracy to play (that's when it'll be unlocked).

The majority of the Widowmaker players have accuracy below 30% and it ruins the competitive mode. Many of us feel frustrated because it feels like 5 on 6 most of the time.
There's a difference between a damage shot and a pressure shot.

Damage Shots are done to actually hurt or kill the enemy, and Pressure Shots are done in order to keep the enemy cautious about pushing.
02/17/2018 11:22 PMPosted by QuickScope
02/17/2018 06:44 PMPosted by Oatmeal

Why is this lie being upvoted?
29% crit =/= scoped accuracy at all.

Also 29% crit is borderline aimbot like considering most pros have around 20%.

Because I'm not?
https://imgur.com/a/NGOlG

Granted the stat is in qp, but I just disproved the op, weapon accuracy doesn't matter. You can check all the other gm widowmaker as well, and some of them will have accuracy lower than 40-50%.

That person is far from being #1 Widow in the game lol.
Also they have more than likely not played QP since they started the game so those stats have no value/are "contaminated" from their noob days.

Their current accuracy is 46%
https://puu.sh/zqltZ.png

Not even agreeing with the OP at all but it's funny how anyone could believe that any top tier widow has 30% scoped accuracy.
You do realise that if they do same for all heroes, nobody in metal ranks would be able to play comp ever?
02/18/2018 03:46 AMPosted by Oatmeal

That person is far from being #1 Widow in the game lol.
Also they have more than likely not played QP since they started the game so those stats have no value/are "contaminated" from their noob days.

Their current accuracy is 46%
https://puu.sh/zqltZ.png

Not even agreeing with the OP at all but it's funny how anyone could believe that any top tier widow has 30% scoped accuracy.

1. You're the one who mistook weapon accuracy to crit accuracy in my comment.

2. I already said "granted it is in qp"

3. When I clicked on Widowmaker stat in overbuff, that person is listed as #1, so obviously I'm gonna use their profile. I really don't care whether or not that person is truly #1.

You said "Not even agreeing with the OP at all but it's funny how anyone could believe that any top tier widow has 30% scoped accuracy"

^Now you are mistook weapon accuracy to scoped accuracy, it's not the same thing. That widowmaker has 29% weapon accuracy not scoped accuracy.
The op said Widowmaker should be locked for those with lower 40-50% weapon accuracy

Do you know what is weapon accuracy? It is Widowmaker's unreliable high spread smg. That stat is very unreliable to determine the skill of a Widowmaker.
02/17/2018 08:28 PMPosted by denouement
save your breathe.. lower elo's can't deal with facts.

; _ ;
02/18/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Puuli
You cannot look at weapon accuracy in a vacuum with any hero. It's totally different to have an X amount of accuracy against bronze players than against grandmasters who have infinitely superior movement and positioning.

many ppl say this, common theme around here but essentially false. think about it. let logic be your guide. i know the younger generations these days arent so good at logic but i believe!
02/19/2018 02:03 PMPosted by SaidTheBear
02/18/2018 03:27 AMPosted by Puuli
You cannot look at weapon accuracy in a vacuum with any hero. It's totally different to have an X amount of accuracy against bronze players than against grandmasters who have infinitely superior movement and positioning.

many ppl say this, common theme around here but essentially false. think about it. let logic be your guide. i know the younger generations these days arent so good at logic but i believe!

No ur actually wrong. Also You are ranked silver in a game that requires zero mechanical skill (if you play certain heroes) and only logic in order to rank up. Your average foe at your rank is quite ironically probably a child under the age of 13. But keep making widesweeping and baseless allegations against entire generations. Its kinda what older generations do since they are used to living in a time before the internet and readily available facts at their fingertips. See what i did there.
Strictly mechanical skill will get you to diamond on widow. If you don't have positioning and game sense and an overall awareness of whats going on, then you shouldn't be playing widow. Critical Hit rate is the stat you should look at in terms of accuracy with Widow though. I'd say anyone with +20% critical hits on widow has a decent feel for the hero.
Stats are the most overrated thing in this entire game, and only serves to ego boost people into believing they're better than they are.

"I haz master accuracy but muh team is always trash!....So I'm stuck in bronze!"
Nobody even brought up an issue OP didn't think of... how to unlock at 50% accuracy. So if she's locked until you get 50% accuracy, who do you have to get 50% with? Cause 50% with Winston or Sym is much different than 50% with D.Va or Genji or Doomfist or literally anyone else. Do you have to get it with Ana? But that would be easier since hitting friendlies with bigger hitboxes also counts for accuracy. McCree because he's the closest to Widow? They still play differently. Or do you have a trial period where you get to play as widow and if you do not get 50%+ in that time period then she is locked and never able to be played again on that account?

OP... you didn't think through this friend.