PTR Sombra has lost the difficulty that made her fun.

General Discussion
All we really needed was the bullet spread reduction, that's all we asked for.
I never found being an EMP bot fun

Running behind the enemy and being able to hack and kill someone is fun instead of the hack, do chip damage and run away that we have now
only the Overwatch community would complain about a buff to a hero they considered to be fun
So you're mad that your favorite character got a buff?
Preying your teammates gather your hacked health packs and being an EMP bot while being a subpar dps was fun?
02/18/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Anomalous

if you want to play trash hero - there's still reaper and mei
Moira players are happy being a no skill 3 gold bot, just be happy Sombra still needs to aim
02/18/2018 07:19 PMPosted by ChillPill
Moira players are happy being a no skill 3 gold bot, just be happy Sombra still needs to aim

Even salty in non moira threads
"Hey guys I hacked this healthpack so go get shot on purpose then heal up. When we all do that a couple times, I'll go in and use my ultimate and you guys come in after."

That's the "right" way to play Sombra right now cuz of how she's designed.

The point of this change is to make her feel like more of an offense hero and less of a situational one you only use for EMP.
02/18/2018 07:17 PMPosted by VitamiX
only the Overwatch community would complain about a buff to a hero they considered to be fun

We picked her for her gameplay, not her win rate. We're pretty much the opposite of where Mercy was.

Sombra skill floor is so high, just making her viable requires you to be proficient enough as to be untouchable. The ones that did, are the ones calling her overpowered now. I'm not that good with her, but from where i am, i can see their concerns. Just being halfway decent with her makes you aware of her potential and that balancing her has to be done very very carefully, otherwise, we'll end up like Mercy and nerfed into the ground.
Becuase

Hack health pack
Throw translocator on it
Go invis
Shoot some stuff
Take some damage
Port back
Heal
Farm EMP

Was soooooooo exciting.

After 70 hours on her I can safely say she is not only better, but more effective with these changes.
There is literally nothing added since this change that has made Sombra require any less skill.

Just stop.
I play support and never worried about Sombra. With these changes I will be mindful to respect her space and keep my head on a swivel if I hear her whispering behind me.

Go ahead buff her I gladly take up the challenge. Genji and Tracer are getting boring and I've bested and been bested by many now.

Just be happy they arent taking EMP away from her to make you take the identity of another hero for your ult. >_>
im on console so i cant play ptr, but i've always liked how she was mostly just a behind the scenes character not directly getting in the action. hopefully she still plays like that
02/18/2018 07:13 PMPosted by Anomalous

Doesn't less spread mean you're rewarded more for being more skilled in aiming. Whereas current sombra can miss even with perfect aim. Or hit because of bad aim. She's just rewarded more now for actually playing well.

Hack is a little fast though but still it has the massive downside of 1 damage cancelling it.

02/18/2018 07:46 PMPosted by Kuuppon
I play support and never worried about Sombra. With these changes I will be mindful to respect her space and keep my head on a swivel if I hear her whispering behind me.

Go ahead buff her I gladly take up the challenge. Genji and Tracer are getting boring and I've bested and been bested by many now.

Just be happy they arent taking EMP away from her to make you take the identity of another hero for your ult. >_>

At least sombra can't dash reset Insta kill you no matter how far you are. Or dive you and rewind away. I'll find sombra a challenge that's new, refreshing and more clear in how escape (break LOS/1 damage/escape so she can't follow with her lack of mid-fight mobility). Those examples don't work on a skilled tracer or genji
02/18/2018 07:35 PMPosted by anurok
Becuase

Hack health pack
Throw translocator on it
Go invis
Shoot some stuff
Take some damage
Port back
Heal
Farm EMP

Was soooooooo exciting.

After 70 hours on her I can safely say she is not only better, but more effective with these changes.

If you think that’s not still how you play sombra post buff, you’ve learned nothing even after 70 hour on her.
Artificial difficulty is not fun, it's an illusion of fun.
02/18/2018 07:53 PMPosted by IamAHorse
im on console so i cant play ptr, but i've always liked how she was mostly just a behind the scenes character not directly getting in the action. hopefully she still plays like that

I don't see anything in the notes that would be detrimental to you if you're already using her as a flanker/assassin. The thing is, you really don't want her in every game, much like how you don't want to have to deal with Mei every game. Sombra (soft)counters everyone and has the perfect escape mechanic so she can still deal with anyone trying to outplay her.

Sombra is tolerated because there's not enough of her running around to be an epidemic, if her pick rate goes up, that means tanks constantly getting shut down every game rather than just every 20 games or so (Like i said, Sombras are rare).

I will not be using Orisa for a week or so when this patch goes live. Hopefully her skill floor is still high enough to keep her pick rate low despite the more powerful hack and it becomes safe to tank again after the initial rush and people find out they still can't play her.

And only in the overwatch community would someone ever say a nerf to a character made it more enjoyable to play as the character.
02/18/2018 08:19 PMPosted by KucingKadut

And only in the overwatch community would someone ever say a nerf to a character made it more enjoyable to play as the character.

Oh god, i hope we don't end up with the Mercy treatment. Hearing this from a Mercy doesn't help.