Mccree doesnt counter tracer

General Discussion
Stop harassing Mccrees in comp and saying "switch because your not killing that tracer". Its super easy for a tracer to bait the flash and keep shooting while Mccree has to aim at her tiny body to kill her with a revolver. If anything soldier is a better counter, but Mccree doesn't. And to be honest I wish he did counter her because he's the only hero with such anti-flank capability but the 10 seconds cooldown on the flash while not even being to kill tracer with a headshot (while that's one of the most ridiculously hardest shots to make when your playing Mccree, a headshot on tracer whos just zapping around you), so no he does not counter her, nothing really does.
I JUST made a post about this LOL
i think they all know that
You're right but you're wrong
It's like saying Genji counters Bastion except Bastion just stops shooting when reflect is up. Just because a character CAN counter a hero doesn't mean it will work out that way. McCree can do very well against Tracer just like various other DPS heroes can. Depends how good their Tracer is.
Then switch to something that kills tracer
He technically does, but the amount of effort a McCree needs to put to kill a Tracer shows how unreliable it is. He’s the only hero that has a reliable ability to make her stop and stand still.

Mei’s freeze is easy to escape, Hanzo’s scatter is unreliable, Sombra’s hack is easy to cancel and if you get caught in a Junkrat trap, then it’s your mistake. Also, Torbjorn’s turret is a pretty good counter, but it’s super easy to destroy.
A skillful McCree is a counter to Tracer, she can bait out the flash but you can bait out her blinks and recalls and flash her.

(I can't talk though, I'm a tank main)
DUDE I HEAD SHOOTED A Tracer but didn't killed her wtf.
02/18/2018 08:25 PMPosted by Hajuhn
A skillful McCree is a counter to Tracer, she can bait out the flash but you can bait out her blinks and recalls and flash her.

(I can't talk though, I'm a tank main)

Easier said than done. Tracer in general is fairly independent from the rest of the cast. As such, she doesn't really have a counter, but a Tracer that mistimed things or has a lapse in judgement will die fast. I personally say that Tracer's counter is general randomness, not a specific hero.
02/18/2018 08:22 PMPosted by HanzoMaker

like?
02/18/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Charizard
As such, she doesn't really have a counter, but a Tracer that mistimed things or has a lapse in judgement will die fast. I personally say that Tracer's counter is general randomness, not a specific hero.

yeah one thing I've heard pros say is that the only way a super skillful tracer would die is by them messing up
Sure.

If you're the type of McCree player to immediately flash the first every thing you see, then sure.
02/18/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Arcadius
Sure.

If you're the type of McCree player to immediately flash the first every thing you see, then sure.

you probably have a better chance of surprise flashing her. Its pretty obvious when a Mccree is trying to chase you down that he is going to flash you because of the small flash radius.
02/18/2018 08:28 PMPosted by Sauce
02/18/2018 08:22 PMPosted by HanzoMaker

like?

Like anything. You're low diamond. Unless this Tracer is a smurf - it's not that hard to kill. Junkrat is easiest solution, low tracer will constantly step on bombs
hes fairly effective against her, the issue is that he isnt looked after. If you assign your DPS a task the least you can do is watch out for them aswell. The only time I cant deal with tracers on mcree is if her team is zoning me out when I go for her or she jumps in but when the team pushes.

It is also easy too bait out the flash usually blink forward and instantly blink back but honestly once you know how the tracer plays its dealt with. Just work around it.
McCree can kill Tracer fine unless she's massively better than he is. If you're not killing Tracer, you might have an idea of where you stand in this equation.
He's a soft counter to her. Greatly depends on the skill level of both players though, with that said he's easily one of the few characters with the appropriate kit to kill her.
02/18/2018 09:19 PMPosted by hensoldt
McCree can kill Tracer fine unless she's massively better than he is. If you're not killing Tracer, you might have an idea of where you stand in this equation.

people who say this make me mad. A mediocre tracer will kill a good mccree because she can zap around like a bich while baiting ur flash and you wont be able to kill her.
02/18/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Sauce
02/18/2018 09:19 PMPosted by hensoldt

people who say this make me mad. A mediocre tracer will kill a good mccree because she can zap around like a bich while baiting ur flash and you wont be able to kill her.

Sounds like someone needs to watch more OWL or some Mccree's who actually know what they are doing.

You couldn't be more wrong. A great Mccree will wipe the floor with a mediocre Tracer, this isn't even a discussion.