Mccree doesnt counter tracer

General Discussion
Just saying that McCree's flash is super buggy, but not many people actually noticed it because it is too fast. Yes, the flash-bang does not come out from his left hand, but instead his #@*#*!%%, just very few actually noticed it.
honestly sombra has a better chance unless you can just land shot on her

that means you're facing backwards though and mcree is super easy to push so you gotta trust your team, and we all know how that is sometimes
McCree v tracer is a skill matchup. Until you get to at least mid diamond or master the matchup is slightly in mccrees favor
The only thing that counters tracer are lock on heroes.
You know what sucks as tracer.

Getting shot without being hit by a flash bang.

You know those times when McCree doesn't miss and you're running around with 80 HP and will probably insta-die to the slightest bit of spam. You guys all assume you can't hit a single shot on tracer unless you flash bang her. If that's the only time you can hit her, you probably aren't very good at landing shots in general.

And also to say that the win is completely in tracer's hand really undermines the advantage hitscan gives you. If McCree has an aimbot that locks onto heads, there is literally nothing tracer can do. Even if tracer had the same aimbot she would still lose.

So technically McCree's skill ceiling offers him an unfair advantage. The difference is it's easier to press shift, than to click heads. I don't know why we assume a tracer at maximum skill could ever beat a McCree at maximum skill.
It would be nice if he could do 75 a shot solely to deal with tracer more. You basically HAVE to headshot her or else you need to hit 5 to kill her. 2, then she recalls, then 3 for the kill.
02/18/2018 10:31 PMPosted by Taikichi

So technically McCree's skill ceiling offers him an unfair advantage. The difference is it's easier to press shift, than to click heads. I don't know why we assume a tracer at maximum skill could ever beat a McCree at maximum skill.

Tracer has the advantage of throwing off McCree's aim and prediction with blinks and recall management. She trades mobility for precision, and even the best of the best can botch shots on a Tracer of equal skill.

As I said before though, a good McCree should be punishing an equal skill Tracer more often than not, but it's not a 100% lopsided stompout like you imply.
02/18/2018 08:59 PMPosted by Sauce
02/18/2018 08:50 PMPosted by Arcadius
Sure.

If you're the type of McCree player to immediately flash the first every thing you see, then sure.

you probably have a better chance of surprise flashing her. Its pretty obvious when a Mccree is trying to chase you down that he is going to flash you because of the small flash radius.

02/18/2018 09:25 PMPosted by Sauce
people who say this make me mad

You have no business chasing a Tracer to begin with.
02/18/2018 08:03 PMPosted by Sauce
Stop harassing Mccrees in comp and saying "switch because your not killing that tracer". Its super easy for a tracer to bait the flash and keep shooting while Mccree has to aim at her tiny body to kill her with a revolver. If anything soldier is a better counter, but Mccree doesn't. And to be honest I wish he did counter her because he's the only hero with such anti-flank capability but the 10 seconds cooldown on the flash while not even being to kill tracer with a headshot (while that's one of the most ridiculously hardest shots to make when your playing Mccree, a headshot on tracer whos just zapping around you), so no he does not counter her, nothing really does.

So true, I barely remember getting flashed by McCree as Tracer.
Soldier has better tools to kill a tracer. One of the most satisfying game I had is killing a tracer from beginning to end of a blizzard world map.again and again , All with helix. That game I had real fun.
A skillful tracer will outplay an equally skilled McCree.
Pick mei and spam projectiles. They are so big it will connect to a headshot and insta shred her.