Do we know anything about the new forums?

General Discussion
Should we just expect such a minor change as basically a background image change and the removal of downvotes, or something more major? What could they possibly do to the forums other than that kind of simple stuff without just emulating reddit, making one of the sites redundant?

For the love of God please don't be a white Overwatch background.
Any site worth it's salt will have themes you can choose from. I prefer dark backgrounds too....easy on the eyes.
I just hope they let me display my PS4 player icon instead of the default one from the pc trial account.
certain user's have privileges like being able to post images afaik

edit:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20761366034
I see that post mentions new notification features. What are the chances they roll that out to their other forums if it works well here? WoW forums sorely need something other than the broken post history to navigate ongoing discussions.
I hope I can change my profile from the 3 games I played on pc to my ps4 account with my icon. I also like the down votes so you can see how agreeable the post is, but they should show like and dislikes next to each other like on youtube videos instead of how reddit does it.
02/19/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Bex
I also like the down votes so you can see how agreeable the post is, but they should show like and dislikes next to each other like on youtube videos instead of how reddit does it.

I actually really agree with this and it was my argument on the WoW forums as well.

It either needs to have both upvotes AND downvotes or no votes at all, as removing downvotes gives the impression that no one disagrees and every idea is good, which is obviously not the case.

Here's a scenario:

Post A is very controversial but it's a valid point to make. It has 300 upvotes and 293 downvotes. It displays as "+7."

Post B is unanimously unpopular, it has 13 pages of people voicing that displeasure. Let's assume as of today it stands at 15 upvotes and 250 downvotes. If they remove downvotes as they did for WoW forums, this post now displays as "+15" instead of "-235" which is just insane.

Displaying both numbers rather than the overall total is ideal but doesn't change the basis for this argument either way.

Can't have one without the other. Personally, I'd rather keep both because having an at-a-glance at how people are receiving an idea is nice.
hoping that console players get their own forums. nothing against them but it seems that most of the issues they face, are console only and dont affect the pc user base. also hoping that the thumbs up or down feature is removed entirely. i understand why its here but its more of a nuisance than anything IMO. if they keep it, hope it looks more like reddit version where its small and not noticeable as much.
02/19/2018 12:23 AMPosted by kreecher
hoping that console players get their own forums. nothing against them but it seems that most of the issues they face, are console only and dont affect the pc user base.
I agree with this. I feel like I can't talk about certain things because I'll get made fun of and get a ton of down votes for saying things like Widow needs more aa. (which I think she does when comparing to other console shooters /.\ )
02/19/2018 12:35 AMPosted by Bex
02/19/2018 12:23 AMPosted by kreecher
hoping that console players get their own forums. nothing against them but it seems that most of the issues they face, are console only and dont affect the pc user base.
I agree with this. I feel like I can't talk about certain things because I'll get made fun of and get a ton of down votes for saying things like Widow needs more aa. (which I think she does when comparing to other console shooters /.\ )

Perhaps simply a tagging system so people are aware when a thread is about PC or Console specifically.
02/19/2018 12:10 AMPosted by Bex
I hope I can change my profile from the 3 games I played on pc to my ps4 account with my icon.
Yup, I’m in the exact same boat. I actually didn’t even play a single match because my PC was way too potato. I was getting like 9 FPS on the lowest possible settings. Now I’m probably stuck with the default OW logo just because I logged in...