Is Moira too strong?

General Discussion
Hi. I played Moira for like 100h now and 40h this season in low gm.
I played her in the Mercy Meta. Solohealed multiple times.
Here is my opinion:

Is she too strong?
    - Compared to other healers she is the main strongest atm. I can understand that in Quickplay she feels unbalanced, cause she doesn't need support from the team and she can actually 1vs1 many heroes, no matter how good they are. But Overwatch is not about 1vs1. It's about teamplay and playing "dps"-moira in "high level" competitiv is not working. And being not with the team, also doesn't work.If your tanks are feeding/overextending all the time, there is no way to win.

So she is overpowered?
    - No. I think she is at the edge of being too strong and too weak. If they nerf her too much, she will be useless. Why? Remember Ana? or look at Mercy now.

Is she stronger than Mercy was?
    - No.

Is she stronger than Ana used to be?
    - No.

Why is she so strong?
    - She is too easy to play and very easy stay alive while having insane heal output.

What does need to be changed?
    - Don't think her damage need to be changed at all.
    I think her survivability is too much. If it would be harder to survive, she would much harder to play. Even if this is the fun part for me, cause I hate dying.
    Once I got a 35 killstreak as Moira, cause I always could get out of the fight without dying.

Remember: Being a support is all about staying alive while healing. If a support specially main healer dies, the team will probably die soon after.
    Moira needs to be close to allies to heal them and close to enemys to deal damage that's why she needs survivability, but as I said I think it's too much.

How to change her survivability?
    - There are many ways. Increasing the cooldown of fade for example. But I think it's needed, cause it would also decrease the ability to get in heal range.
    Tanks like dva (5s boost) and winston (6 sec leap) are already hard to heal and hard to keep up with, cause their mobility. thats why I think that's why 6 sec is needed.
    I would reduce her ability to heal herself. I heal my self for 2.260 health per 10 min, while I healing for 8.873 and dealing 5.782 damage. Only 6 death per 10 min.

If Moira would have less selfheal while attacking. She would be come less to a duellist, harder to play and still effectiv as a support.
    I would recommend reducing her self from 30 health/s to 20 health/s or 15 health/s.
    Lucio for example heals himself for 35 health per second while using "amp it up" and moira selfheals 30 health per second just by holding rightclick? Not really balanced.

Another possible change could be:
    Giving her rightclick also a resource. This resource should charges very fast and but go down slightly faster than her healing.
    But that means she wouldn't have her secondary fire.
    Balancing these too resources and heal and damage orb, could also make it harder to play her.

Fazit.
Make Moira harder to play or harder to get value of or harder to survive. And she will be fine. She is not overpowered, but slightly stronger and easier to play than other supports. That's it.
If she's not overpowered why do they have to touch her? Why not bring Ana to her level and have another good support instead of nerfing a good support to match the bad ones?
She's not overpowered but she is overtuned.

A few numbers tweaks should balance her out.
02/19/2018 04:45 AMPosted by Luca

Yeah shes so overturned with that 0 team utility and lack of a good ulti like Transcendence or Sound Barrier.

Leave her alone.
02/19/2018 04:44 AMPosted by Drixed
If she's not overpowered why do they have to touch her? Why not bring Ana to her level and have another good support instead of nerfing a good support to match the bad ones?

Im not saying she is overpower but slightly stronger.
The real issue in my opinion is, she is to easy to play, she almost never dies.

If you buff Ana on the same level. Ana will be used in highskilled games and moira in lowskilled games. And how would you even buff Ana to be on the same level?
yes, she is.

She’s not overturned. She adds no utility to a fight. Only damage and healing. I’ve moved on to playing her because I’m often solo healing and Zen and Lucio don’t do enough healing to keep up with incoming damage. Ana is weak and Is harder to use with any consistency since she has to aim her heals and sleep dart. And she doesn’t have any self sustain outside of nade and no mobility which makes surviving difficult. And I don’t enjoy playing Mercy since they nerfed her making her much weaker. That just leaves Moira who has the strong heals to solo heal, isn’t a sitting duck, and I still find enjoyable.
02/19/2018 04:56 AMPosted by PotatoCat
She adds no utility to a fight

This is such a bad argument, just because a hero doesn't give a unique buff to their team or debuff to an enemy team doesn't mean they bring no utility, she puts out huge healing numbers and has the most self sustain, a dead Ana brings less to a fight than an alive Moira.
02/19/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Coulumbo
Yeah shes so overturned with that 0 team utility and lack of a good ulti like Transcendence or Sound Barrier.

Leave her alone.

See. If you know Blizzard and how long it will take them to take action.
She will be fine for atleast 3 month. After other balancing changes, another hero gets release etc.
And maybe than they will do something to Moira. But you have to tell them, now or they never notice.
I mean they will see that Moira has the lowest deathrate of all supports.
02/19/2018 04:51 AMPosted by Coulumbo

Leave her alone.

id just like to put it out there that her ulti is a good ulti 120 healing per second and 70 damage per second with insane health regen is a great ult

but she is perfectly balanced she is no where near how strong ana was when she was op, and no where near mercy from last patch.

so can we leave her alone :) thanks
I think the range on her succ orb is too big. Also the hitbox on her damage stream is too big
02/19/2018 05:23 AMPosted by Beavis
I think the range on her succ orb is too big. Also the hitbox on her damage stream is too big

it's not what makes her strong at all. And I don't think every hero should require good aim.

Is it just me or does Luca have a forum-wide vendetta against Moira? He's made like 2 threads and is ever-present in any threat about her XD
Get rid of auto-aim idiocy and make fade sort of visible.
Aaaaand only good players will play her good.
JUST CLICK ON HER HEAD LOOOOOOOLL!!!1!!1!!
I think she's in just the right place. Committing her orb to do damage means it's not doing healing, and the optimal way to use it is to combo with her alternate fire to burst down a target. This is going to be best used on smaller health pool heroes, so supports, flankers, etc. It forces Moira to commit an ability to do it, and she's not likely to do this if there's more benefit to using the healing orb instead - typically in team fights.

Her alt fire requires aiming and tracking to do consistent damage, and her orb you can evade if you either know the map or aren't stuck in a room/corridor where Moira is going to take advantage of the enclosed space to maximise the use of the orb.

Honestly, I'd rather see Ana get buffed to heal through enemy shields to make her more viable, which is where she currently differs from the rest of the healers - although allegedly Moira's healing through enemy barriers is a bug? I think healing through the barriers is fine, as long as her alt fire (and Ana's shots) don't do damage through those barriers. That makes sense to me and makes the healers feel more consistent.
When the healer chase and makes flanker her prey ... everything is fine.
>Create a character that heals in a unique way (like the community has been demanding for a while now)
>Have that character focus primarily on healing some some slight damage on the side
>Community figures out how to use the light DPS and healing to outplay heavy-hitting damage characters
>Community demands nerfs to healer's damage output

Hm.
She's as picked now as Mercy was, they nerffed Mercy so Moira could take her place it seems.

How to spot an overnerf *cough*