Doomfist Counters (comprehensive list)

General Discussion
Here's a list of all of Doomfist's counters:
Tracer (Dodges his punches and attacks easily, he uses a projectile gun which Tracer can dodge easily, his hitbox is the perfect size for her guns)

Genji (A counter in that Doomfist literally can't touch him since he doublejumps over every attack and can just whittle Doomfist down)

Orisa (A hero that's literally made to hard counter Doomfist, her cannon is able to spray into his body easily and Fortify makes her immune to all of his attacks)

Reaper (Shotgun hero vs. melee hero with no armour)

Roadhog (Shotgun hero vs. melee hero with no armour)

Bastion (Doomfist can't do anything vs. him. Sentry mows him down.)

Widowmaker (PLINK you're dead before you can do anything because your hitbox is ridiculously huge)

Hanzo (His horizontal leap and Volley make any Doomfist pretty much dead when fighting him. Even in his current state, Doomfist is still easy to hit as Hanzo.)

McCree (Stun, plink, plink.)

Pharah (Doom is ridiculously easy to direct hit, and Doom literally can't reach her. Don't show me the clip of Chipsa killing a Pharah because that requires great amounts of effort and can be dodged anyway if the Pharah uses her shift.)

Junkrat (A steel trap disables a skyscraper-destroying gauntlet. Who'd have thunk it. Easily hits Doomfist in his spray-and-pray.)

Torbjorn (Armour makes you unable to one hit kill him, you can't do anything vs. his turret, his shotgun works wonders against you)

Zenyatta (Discord turns Doomfist into a 175 HP hero with a hitbox the size of Zarya. Zeny can 1v1 a Doomfist with difficulty but Zeny's team can easily melt Doomfist.)

Sombra (Hack turns him into a 250 HP tank-sized character with a terrible gun.)

15 counters on one hero- if two or more of these are on a team (which they will be- Zenyatta, Junkrat, Pharah, McCree and Tracer are all common hero picks) then Doomfist can't do anything.

Tell me again why Doomfist doesn't need even a minor buff?
What about Sombra?
02/19/2018 01:47 PMPosted by SilverKnight
What about Sombra?

Doomfist tries to pretend she doesn't exist.
What about Sombra?

He listed counters, not full delete (Which is basically what Hack do to DF).
What about Sombra?

Holy crap, can't believe I forgot the most obvious one. Added.
02/19/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Luci
That whole part where he can one shot most of your list is an issue that prevents him from being a candidate for getting a game-changing buff.
02/19/2018 01:55 PMPosted by Sheevah
02/19/2018 01:44 PMPosted by Luci
That whole part where he can one shot most of your list is an issue that prevents him from being a candidate for getting a game-changing buff.

'But he can one shot!'
So could Widowmaker, but she got a hefty buff by having her grapple cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds and the fact that her venom mine reveals those affected now.
His primary fire buff helps, but I think his shield passive might need a buff eventually for survive-ability in a fight vs. his many counters.
What about Symmetra? If the rocket punch doesn't land on an enemy Symm, Doom is effectively dead if he tries to fight. Not to mention Doom is pretty much incapable of destroying a teleporter or shield gen.
I feel like you’re stretching a bit with Genji countering Doomfist. Just because Genji is mobile doesn’t mean DF is countered by him, all of Doomfist’s abilities go through Genji’s Deflect, and DF is quite mobile himself.
Don't forget the game engine that hero counters him with bugs
Torb is countered by anyone with a brain and a mouse. I don't think Doomfist is in such a bad spot.
As someone who loves Doomy and understands his plight let's be fair here

These are not counters:

Tracer-fair duel
Genji-the only hero Doomy directly counters
Reaper-fair duel, he has the edge based on hitboxes.

BUT

I'd add Zarya Bubbles and Sleep Dart to the easy to ruin Doomy's day...list of heroes.
I dont agree with genji its other way around
02/19/2018 01:57 PMPosted by Luci
'But he can one shot!'
So could Widowmaker, but she got a hefty buff by having her grapple cooldown reduced from 12 seconds to 8 seconds and the fact that her venom mine reveals those affected now.
He's already getting minor buffs, doesn't have to hit the head on someone's hitbox, and has an alternate combo that destroy 200 HP targets in about a second that doesn't require the pin-point accuracy of rocket punch.

You're comparing apples to oranges if you want to try and bring Widow into the equation. That said, I mean, I'm cool with Doom getting a buff. He's my favorite hero. :P
Anyone with range or an ability is not automatically a counter.
02/19/2018 04:41 PMPosted by Ductvader
As someone who loves Doomy and understands his plight let's be fair here

These are not counters:

Tracer-fair duel
Genji-the only hero Doomy directly counters
Reaper-fair duel, he has the edge based on hitboxes.

BUT

I'd add Zarya Bubbles and Sleep Dart to the easy to ruin Doomy's day...list of heroes.
This ,how does genji counter doom ? genji doesn't stay in the air forever.

And also ,doesn't doomfist's fist do 300 damage with the wall impact ? and armor only reduces damage by 5 if the damage number is higher than 5?

So he should be able to still one-shot torb
02/19/2018 04:27 PMPosted by Rawwberry
Torb is countered by anyone with a brain and a mouse. I don't think Doomfist is in such a bad spot.

He's weakest than Symmetra but no he is fine
This list is very, VERY exaggerated. Some true, some not, some kinda.

Yes he has quite a few counters, but not like your list.

Tracer - Isnt really a counter, per se, but thats more a duel that comes down to skill from either players. NO one says, ah they got a Doomfist, someone go Tracer. She can be a pest for him though defo.

Genji - No. Genji doesnt counter him.. lol. Deflect is useless against Doom, and again this comes down to skill from either players, just a matter of who outplays who.

Orisa - Yes. 100%. Its a shame people cried for nerfs for DF when they introduced a hero thats basically literally design DF in any way, straight afterwards.

Reaper - Eh, its a weird one. I can ruin reapers they can ruin me. Again, more of a duel. I can use RP to bait out Wraith then Slam and Uppercut to end him, or he can just two shot me in the process.

Hog - Yes. lol.

Bastion - Yes.

Widowmaker - This is a tricky one, because Doom can ruin immobile heroes, but if a widow keeps her distance, and snipe then yeah, but then again if you can reduce that distance significantly shes yours. But I can defo see Widow being a counter to him and visa versa. Again, comes to down to the skill of the players.

Hanzo - not so much as Widow, and his immobility and projectile shots make it so it can be avoided to an extent, but usually DF can ruin him. But the new changes, I cant say. No one can, so you shouldnt be.

Mcree - Yes, but relatively easier if he has no Flash.

Pharah - Yes.

Junkrat - ... Yeahhh kinda.. his spammy nature just denies him a lot of space he has to work with, and can defo be shredded.

Torb - Hmm, dont really encounter much torb as DF, if turret isnt on your a**, and even if it is youre quite beefy to soak it up, and can still E combo him, since hes quite immobile.

Zen - He should be yours for dinner. Znes mobility severely makes him a priority target for DF, and an easy one to. Hes not a counter to DF, if anything I'd say its the other way around.

Sombra - Yes, but dont see her much to begin with. So, eh.
02/20/2018 04:24 AMPosted by UpARayBan
Sombra - Yes, but dont see her much to begin with. So, eh.

Oh but you will!