What happened to the lore?

General Discussion
I feel like most people have probably just lost interest/given up hope but I can’t be the only one that feels like we’re severely lacking in the lore deparetment?

Plus I recently seen that they are looking to hire a new writer, sometimes I don’t know if it’s just a slow production and if I should just be more patient or if they genuinely don’t know where they’re going with it so the content isn’t being developed.

Any thoughts on the state of the lore?
The community can't complain about the lore if you don't have any.
Hero 27 will be out soon and that means more lore soon, although a lot of us would like the devs to pick up the pace with the lore. WE NEED ANSWERS!
I think most people are just waiting for and expecting a decent amount from Uprising.

If it yields nothing, I think the community will be pretty irritated.
02/19/2018 04:01 PMPosted by SunDragon
Hero 27 will be out soon and that means more lore soon, although a lot of us would like the devs to pick up the pace with the lore. WE NEED ANSWERS!

My problem with that is that for the most part, hero releases bring more questions than they do answers, Moira was probably the only one that gave us real answers, and even that opened about 20 other cans of worms.
no one, excpect few nerds gives a F about lore
02/19/2018 04:02 PMPosted by Jinx
I think most people are just waiting for and expecting a decent amount from Uprising.

If it yields nothing, I think the community will be pretty irritated.

Yeah I’m praying we get some major drops there, especially since we have all these new questions about Moira/Reaper/Mercy. I just feel like the comics were such a simple way to produce a decent amount of lore without it being costly or too time consuming, I‘m just surpised it’s been 5 months since we’ve gotten one. Hopefully they are preparing something big for Uprising.
The Lore is my favorite part of the game, so it means a lot to me.

Don’t let great Lore go to waste Blizzard
02/19/2018 03:58 PMPosted by KittenKatana
I can’t be the only one that feels like we’re severely lacking in the lore deparetment?

We're doing better than destiny.
This is why I'm hoping for Hero 27 being Sanjay. They can't keep ignoring the Vishkar corner of lore if they actually do something with Sanjay being in Talon!
02/20/2018 09:24 AMPosted by KITTEN
no one, excpect few nerds gives a F about lore

That’s why they did an entire event around it right?
Any thoughts on the state of the lore?

Overwatch has a story? o_O
02/20/2018 09:26 AMPosted by SailorCosmos
This is why I'm hoping for Hero 27 being Sanjay. They can't keep ignoring the Vishkar corner of lore if they actually do something with Sanjay being in Talon!

That would be awesome, the main things I want from the lore are A questions answered, lots of questions. B for the side stories/characters to become intertwined in the main story, there’s so many possibilities for it, especially with Sym and Sanjay, I wanna see a hardlight battle!
02/20/2018 09:35 AMPosted by KittenKatana
02/20/2018 09:26 AMPosted by SailorCosmos

That would be awesome, the main things I want from the lore are A questions answered, lots of questions. B for the side stories/characters to become intertwined in the main story, there’s so many possibilities for it, especially with Sym and Sanjay, I wanna see a hardlight battle!

Exactly! Set Sanjay up as a foil for Satya as the actually-evil-instead-of-misguided part of Vishkar, let Satya realize the Vishkar-Talon connection, and then let them have a cool hard light battle (that ends with Sanjay getting his !@# kicked, haha). That sets Satya up to start interacting with the OW corner of things as she looks for answers, instead of just... kind of sitting there saying snarky things about Lucio.
TBH I like the lore more than the game itself, and it's making me seriously sad that we're not getting more of it.

The lore and the colorful cast are the main reasons I'm still here - I've tried to quit before, but I end up missing the characters too much.
02/20/2018 09:26 AMPosted by tuckervb
I can’t be the only one that feels like we’re severely lacking in the lore deparetment?

We're doing better than destiny.

Aids is better than cancer, but that doesn't make it good
02/20/2018 09:38 AMPosted by SailorCosmos
02/20/2018 09:35 AMPosted by KittenKatana

Exactly! Set Sanjay up as a foil for Satya as the actually-evil-instead-of-misguided part of Vishkar, let Satya realize the Vishkar-Talon connection, and then let them have a cool hard light battle (that ends with Sanjay getting his !@# kicked, haha). That sets Satya up to start interacting with the OW corner of things as she looks for answers, instead of just... kind of sitting there saying snarky things about Lucio.

That.... Sounds amazing, it sounds like someone should join the animators board! (So you can make an entire Short about it)

The only REAL cons are that people might have hate for "wasting resources" as Symmetra is usually posed as a negative player (Not true lol)

The other con is that people might think Symmetra already has too much lore (her 1 comic, while Junkrat and Roadhog have 3 pieces of media...)

Just, everyone, don't forget that comics and Shirts take a while to make, they only made 2 last year, and I'm sure more would come if they had the time/resources.