Make Bastion less reliant on Shield Tank

General Discussion
It just bothers the whole team to have to place a Shield for Bastion, Why not just create a way where Bastion doesnt need it as much?

As a Bastion Main
I feel uncomfortable making my teammates haul !@# to bring me an shield. I dont MAKE them but they end up forcing it in that there HAS to be a Shield tank for me.

BASTION WAS BUILT TO RELOCATE AND BE SNEAKY SO ENEMIES DONT FIND HIM, NOT SIT BEHIND A SHIELD TANK.

This gives me feelings that we should go back to 180 degree but frontal shield Bastion, but makes me feel like we shouldnt because 180 degree is a bit of a pain in the $%^, so I made up something of my own.

Heres what I made up.

Bastion can turn 300 degrees, so there is some space behind him to shoot but there is a 600 HP shield infront of him, This makes it that the teammates can still do the same role with Bastion, but instead all the teammates have to do is watch his back, instead of providing him with much more than he should have.
The Oldest Model of Bastion was a bit overpowered, this recent Model is a bit to reliant. This one I made up fits perfect

Old Model Bastion has a 1000 HP shield, So instead my idea was to put 600 HP.

Old Model Bastion has 180 turn my idea is 300 degree turn

you can think of other ideas if you want
- 5% less spread in sentry.
- 30/35% IC on tank

That's it.

Then have your team play forward so you can set up and over them. No need for a shield because you aren't being focused.
I think bastion is as powerful as he is only because he is so vulnerable. He is a sitting duck who has to surprise his opponents with ready damage. His damage is already shredding a rein shield or Orisa shield in about a second, which is an astronomical amount of damage. It's only fair for him to be vulnerable in return, in my opinion.
The trade off for his reliance on team mates is his massive damage. If you made him less reliant he would have to take an appropriate damage nerf.
02/19/2018 04:56 PMPosted by TheCook
BASTION WAS BUILT TO RELOCATE AND BE SNEAKY SO ENEMIES DONT FIND HIM, NOT SIT BEHIND A SHIELD TANK.

No Patrick, Bastion is not a flanker.

Bastion is not a Shield-Tank either.

He was built to be a tank destroyer, and he should stay that way. Giving him his own shield is just a cop-out for playing him poorly.
Well as an Orisa main I think Bastion should have to rely on a shield, the damage he outputs is insane so you being able to have good coordination and keep him protected to keep outputting that damage is what makes him balanced, if he didn’t need a team with him to help him out he would be way to op.
They should make Bastion near invincible in Tank form.
Sentry mode is a situational tool in his kit. Bad Bastions sit in turret form waiting for enemies to appear.

Good Bastions stay mobile and fight as a defense based soldier using self repair to keep pressure on the enemy, able to separate from your main team group if you're not relying on a shield tank. When the enemy is distracted or unaware, you can turret up and delete pretty much any target of your choosing, even tanks. Once targeted, you move to a new location or join your team.
BASTION WAS BUILT TO RELOCATE AND BE SNEAKY

Yeah, a giant death war robot destruction machine... playing like sombra....
02/19/2018 06:11 PMPosted by GreyFalcon

We don’t need this. Please no.
-omnic crisis flashbacks-
02/19/2018 05:11 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi

He was built to be a tank destroyer, and he should stay that way. Giving him his own shield is just a cop-out for playing him poorly.

I think you dont realize what Bastions role is because you researched him very poorly,

He of course stays around teammates buddy, but he was made to relocate to avoid being detected by the enemies, so the enemies dont catch on with what the Bastion is doing, Would you rather attack a bastion sitting in the same area or one that goes to unpredictable areas everytime you come back?
02/19/2018 05:11 PMPosted by PharahHǝntoi

You read poorly too, I didnt say make him a Shield-Tank, I said slightly revert to his old model where he has a shield, and a cerain degree turn. I buffed his turn but weakened his shield.

Old Bastion: 1000 HP shield but 180 turn
My idea: 600 HP shield, 300 degree turn

Not only that, but if you read better, I said specifically “So teammates dont have to haul !@# getting shield tanks for Bastion not because I suck”

I main Bastion, I know what to do, At least ANY youtuber says to relocate. You can stay behind a shield if you want.

As I have to repeat 80x by now, I said this post was so teammates werent forced to get him a shield.
02/19/2018 06:32 PMPosted by ReinDaddy
02/19/2018 06:11 PMPosted by GreyFalcon

We don’t need this. Please no.
-omnic crisis flashbacks-

You have a whole 1.5 seconds to run away from a completely motionless Bastion.