Sniper don't get caught, etc.

General Discussion
Can we get rid of this? It's unfair. She already has a red trail leading you to her location. What happened to the element of surprise? No other character in the game has this handicap not even the other supposed snipers: Ana and Hanzo. Sombra doesn't have a call out, "Hacker don't get hacked!" and she can run around invisible. lol
The hacker isn't going to one shot you from outside of your effective range, either.
Ana has trails on her scoped shots
02/20/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Knuckles
The hacker isn't going to one shot you from outside of your effective range, either.

You say that as if the Widow hasn't earned that shot.
I didn't realize a character shouting that there is a sniper directly points to her location with a giant arrow. Nor did I know that I could press tab and see that the enemy team has a Widowmaker. Silly me...
What? Hanzo is a medium range hero and Ana's scoped shot leave a trail marker as well

Hanzo's arrows have drop, and Ana only does 70 damage; Widowmaker can 1 shot every character except Tanks and Bastion.

Or are you talking about when characters mention that there's a sniper? I mean not everyone who plays joins voice coms, so it's a way the game helps the player. Same thing Mercy does when she is under attack
Symmetra suffers too, although not as much. Her kit is basically 75% her Ult but the enemy gets alerted to it fairly quickly.
02/20/2018 12:10 PMPosted by terratunaz
02/20/2018 12:08 PMPosted by Knuckles

You say that as if the Widow hasn't earned that shot.

I said that because a sniper is a larger threat than the hacker, hence why there is a call out for Widow and not Sombra.
02/20/2018 12:11 PMPosted by Vex
Symmetra suffers too, although not as much. Her kit is basically 75% her Ult but the enemy gets alerted to it fairly quickly.

"I have a feeling they have a shield generator."

5 seconds later

5 seconds later

Why is it unfair? Also, you are wrong as there are other in game abilities by other characters that generate automated messages. Teleporters, shield generators, turrets.

The fact that there is a red trail leading to your location should be a clue as to how the devs intended to bias the game... towards offensive encouters.

Making camping (which is what you're really promoting here) a more viable strategy will lead to a more boring game experience.

If you do not want to get called out then stop using your scope?