Orisa's Ult is Underrated

General Discussion
I think Orisa's ult is underrated. Yes, it can get taken out and end up being not very useful as a result. But if it doesn't go down immediately, it is unbelievably strong.

Interestingly, the proof of the Supercharger's strength can be found in OWL so far.

Winston's Lab gives us stats showing the percent of fights won when a certain hero uses their ult. When Orisa's ult is used, her team has won 63.86% of fights. That is higher than any hero in the game, except for Mei, Reaper, and Bastion. And those three heroes have seen such little playtime that the sample size of fights where their ult was used is super low and likely not statistically significant (Reaper has the most ults of those three in OWL, with only 35, whereas an Orisa has used her ult 249 times).

In other words, out of all heroes that have seen a decent amount of use in OWL, Orisa's ult has actually been the most likely to win fights of any ult in the game. Amongst heroes with decent use, Junkrat is the only one that is even close. I found this quite surprising, but it certainly indicates to me that Orisa's ult is underrated.
It is a good ult I think.
It's just one of those ults that people don't really notice how much it's helping. It's not like a healing ult like Lucio or Zen that everyone can see is working it's miracle, and it's not a direct damaging ult like (insert dps hero here), and it's not a major crowd control ult like Zarya or Reinhardt, that again, everyone can notice. But it is indeed doing it's job to help push an attack or stop a push. Also if the enemy team doesn't outright kill the it, then it stays out on the field for a REALLY long time.

Most players don't like to tie their ultimates to a stationary low HP target that can be focused down, but indeed, smart Orisa players know how to keep that ultimate safe and secure for as long as possible.

She is a good hero. Even Reinhardt players like Orisa (even the ones that feel she overshadows him a bit).
I think a huge issue is how long it takes to charge. OWL league players can get her ult quick, but for a lot of people, including myself, takes such a long time to get it. Where other tanks can get their ult quicker and provide more impact throughout a match than supercharger can.
It's incredibly strong, and if used correctly will almost always win the fight, but it's difficult to use well and takes AGES to charge.

I'd say on average it takes longer for Orisa to get Supe then it takes Zarya to get Grav
02/13/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Splenectomy
It's incredibly strong, and if used correctly will almost always win the fight, but it's difficult to use well and takes AGES to charge.

I'd say on average it takes longer for Orisa to get Supe then it takes Zarya to get Grav

It takes Orisa longer to get Supercharger than Lucio gets Sound Barrier.
02/13/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Xaron
02/13/2018 11:45 PMPosted by Splenectomy

That's not a fact that's your opinion.
I agree that Orisa's ultimate is highly underrated in the eyes of the playerbase. I still think its amazing both on offense and defense. The damage boost is always a welcome sight. Not to mention that the drum can act like bait. Hide it behind your shield and watch as players try taking it out. Lest they leave it and give your entire team a huge advantage.

The only issue I see here is that with Mercy's latest rework her damage boost becomes a mobile Orisa drum that is tougher and can heal thus adding surviability to her own ultimate while granting almost the exact same buff to teammates with less of a risk.

If anything they need to rework her ultimate to make it more impactful. Right now it is good but not great amd hardly feels like an ultimate even when used right. Only because it is overshadowed so much by other ultimates that support the team better.
I think people tend to overlook Supercharger because it is extremely team reliant and not very flashy. That being said, I agree that it is extremely underrated. While it may not turn Orisa into the solo-hold hero of the day or get her a crazy play of the game, it can really solidify a good team's hold on a point or give players the boost they need to carry on a push. I'd love to see it used more.
Everyone saying that Orisa's ult charges really slow is definitely right, and OWL stats bear that out too. So I do think it's balanced. It's basically like grav, in that it's a very powerful ult that you don't get very often and can occasionally frustratingly get no value out of.
02/13/2018 11:53 PMPosted by Splenectomy
02/13/2018 11:46 PMPosted by Xaron

That's not a fact that's your opinion.

Lucio can get his ult in 30 seconds just by standing still healing. Not amping it up or anything. Of course this never happens in game, but I've done it before. He gets 19 points of charge every 15 points of healing, and he heals his team 16.25 every second (gonna round it down to 15 because I'm lazy and it makes math easier). So Lucio needs to heal 1 person for 138 seconds or 6 people for 23 seconds to get ult, assumming these people never get topped off. Obviously this never really happens in game, but it can happen, especially if Lucio is solo-healing a team of tanks for some ungodly reason.

Orisa's ult takes 1725 points to charge. She does 132 DPS, so technically she can get her ult in just over 13 seconds, but again this never happens in game, especially if it's a long drawn out poke war or she's trying to fight at range. Lucio can increase his ultimate charge rate by amping it up, decreasing his time to charge his ult. Orisa can't. She has to have 100% accuracy and do her full 132 DPS for 13 seconds (15 if we factor in her reload). Lucio can also do damage and get envirokills and what not, but Orisa is stuck doing damage.

Lucio can easily get Sound Barrier before Orisa can get Supercharger, even if both play optimally with/against (respectively) terrible teams.