Moira should NOT be able to dash out of graviton surge.

General Discussion
02/14/2018 03:07 AMPosted by Pyrofool

no. no you would not. the two abilities work very different. Mechanically speaking, Moira's fade has more in common with Tracer's recal than reaper's wrath form. Also reaper should not be able to escape it either. The only one who should is a character who has an ability specifically designed to do so, Thats Orisa. Reaper could wrath form through it without taking damage, but he should still be held in place.

Wait, you're going to compare fade. With Recall? Are you serious? Recall's mechanic is to move you back you were a few seconds ago in your previous state along with self heal while also MOVING her to her previous position. Moira is just a short invulnerability and movement. Thats it. She disappears for a secs and is invulnerable just like how Reapers shift is tho visible is invulnerable.

Why should Reaper not be able to escape it? Why only Orisa? Why just only 1 hero? As I said before, we have about 3 heroes who can counteract Grav with their abilities. 3 out of 26, before the change it was about half the cast, now is just a select few which still makes Grav still stronger. So its fine and balanced.

Also way to call for another indirect nerf for Reaper, like he needs one.
Representation how Moira defenders think in this thread:
Moira should escape because Reaper escapes and according to the lore their abilities are connected.

That makes me think:
Why don't they implement soft aimbot to McCree to be a real god aim cowboy?
Why Ana nerfed as the best sniper in the world, but Widow didn't?
Why Sombra translocator use has a small delay, while it is the same technology as Tracer's?
Why Hanzo cannot use his bow as quarterstaff melee weapon?
Why Genji doesn't float as he is trained by Zenyatta?
Why Reaper drops his weapons everytime he reloads? Is he that rich?
Why Lucio as a DJ cannot combine two songs?
Why Ana can kill enemy Pharah? Where's her mother instinct?

Extra question:
Why your arguments are so stupid?
Ults are not supposed to be a free win. They all have their weaknesses, some more than others
02/14/2018 02:38 AMPosted by tobimadara
Reaper says-Hi!
Incidentally I do believe that Reaper shouldn't be able to escape Graviton Surge, maybe avoid the damage but not escape. It seems silly Junkrat's trap is the only root that Reaper and Moira can't escape.
Can Tracer recall out of grav? If she can't is it because the high gravitational field compresses time so that 3 seconds ago she would still be in the field of grav? Could be I'm just overthinking things
02/14/2018 04:30 AMPosted by Nightblood
Can Tracer recall out of grav? If she can't is it because the high gravitational field compresses time so that 3 seconds ago she would still be in the field of grav? Could be I'm just overthinking things

If time compresses, then our cells would move insanely faster and we should have been able to fade from existance!!! Btw, eternal fade seems like a legit Hanzo rework!
Reaper says hi.
02/14/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Alhaitham
I agree ,NOTHING should be able to get out of grav ,you either use an ultimate in hopes of killing/crippling the people shooting at you, use a shield to block the bullets or die.

You shouldn't be able to escape it like that.

Well if we are being honest, they are fazing out of existence for a second or two, so I think that we can let this one slide.
02/14/2018 02:57 AMPosted by Result
02/14/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Alhaitham
I agree ,NOTHING should be able to get out of grav
Why..?

Out of all of the "crowd control" ultimates (Grav, Blizzard, Earthshatter, and arguably Whole Hog/Primal Rage) literally the only one that you can't escape once it's been activated is Earthshatter, which is the buggiest and least consistent of them all right now. There's no balance reason to say "NOTHING should be able to get out of grav."

whole hog and primal rage's purpose isn't to root enemies in place for you to kill them ,It's to knock enemies away (Or possibly kill them if it's in a closed space)

Blizzard is garbage because almost everyone can escape it.

Grav's point is that it roots everyone in the same place so you can kill them ,What is the point if the enemy can escape it ? It's supposed to disable all movement abilities, why should anyone be able to escape it ?

Or should tracer be able to escape grav too by rewinding time ?
I get that dashes don’t work but if those 3 heroes can get out of it, then tracer should be able to recall out of it.
02/14/2018 03:31 AMPosted by Night
Representation how Moira defenders think in this thread:
Moira should escape because Reaper escapes and according to the lore their abilities are connected.

That makes me think:
Why don't they implement soft aimbot to McCree to be a real god aim cowboy?
Why Ana nerfed as the best sniper in the world, but Widow didn't?
Why Sombra translocator use has a small delay, while it is the same technology as Tracer's?
Why Hanzo cannot use his bow as quarterstaff melee weapon?
Why Genji doesn't float as he is trained by Zenyatta?
Why Reaper drops his weapons everytime he reloads? Is he that rich?
Why Lucio as a DJ cannot combine two songs?
Why Ana can kill enemy Pharah? Where's her mother instinct?

Extra question:
Why your arguments are so stupid?

Don't talk about stupidity when you can't even formulate a proper sentence. It makes you look even more stupid than what you're attempting to criticize.
I'd keep Wraith Form and Fade being able to escape, but for consistency I'd add in Translocator, Shadow Step and Recall, since those 3 are teleport abilities and in theory should be stronger than the brief invulnerability Fade and Wraith provide.
Play Mei and watch everyone get out of your alt, assuming its not interrupted in the first instance.
That would be an interesting topic if Zarya saw any play. Who cares about gravs?
02/14/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Result
The entire point of ultimates, in general, is to win fights.

*complaints in french*
02/14/2018 06:34 AMPosted by Kawagima
02/14/2018 03:04 AMPosted by Result
The entire point of ultimates, in general, is to win fights.

*complaints in french*

Excuse me, is the OP suggesting Blizzard wins fights?

Hahahahaha. No.
Nerf Moira reason #6: She can escape grav.

Man, the Moira haters are getting desparate to try to use this one. All their nerf reasons keep getting countered. What's next, she needs to be nerfed because she's a redhead?
If Reaper can do it, why not Moira? My god, the bias...
02/14/2018 02:34 AMPosted by FinnsChips
other heroes have their abilities disabled in grav, which is good, but why is moira an exception?
because those are still able to take CC stuns while moira is immune to everything while in fade