Unpopular Opinion About Sombra's Buff

General Discussion
Hello,
As you can see I'm a Lucio main,

and in general we all dont like certain nerfs that happened to our heroes whether it's directly or indirectly, no?

like how Sombra can take away both of Lucio's auras and his wall ride.
But I feel like taking away both of his auras is too punishing.

So why not take away his speed aura and his wall ride only?
Give the man a fighting chance even though it's futile.
Besides, he can't use amp it up whilst he's hacked, yes?

So how about it?
*sweats* (pls dont be toxic pls dont be toxic pls dont be toxic)
It means you'll probably have to switch if a sombra is focusing you.
You will not be the priority target, and even so, it is not for the whole game...
As a fellow Lucio main, I don't think they should reduce her hacking speed if they're going to make it a virtually death- sentence ability.
02/15/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Ashram
You will not be the priority target, and even so, it is not for the whole game...

True but thats the problem. Makes people rather have a zen in stead of a lucio, who can kill the sombra easier when hacked. But then again, this applies to a lot of heroes that get counter picked
Shoot the sombra while using the ability to cancel it, or run away with your mobility.
This is how I see it at the moment.

Sombra is meant to counter Lucio. Lucio is a team-healer so that means, Lucio should be with the team almost all the time, if you are getting attacked, your team should back you up. You have to remember, the game is about switching up, Devs have been saying this from the beginning. If Sombra is constantly killing you, switch to another healer, at least that is what I would do.
Between reaction and projectile speed easier said that done. As sombra though lucio isnt an easy target since he *should* be group up with his team. Sombra prefers low health/out of position hereos. Lucio stalling is something a sombra can shut down now though
02/15/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Eddimame
02/15/2018 04:53 AMPosted by Ashram

True but thats the problem. Makes people rather have a zen in stead of a lucio, who can kill the sombra easier when hacked. But then again, this applies to a lot of heroes that get counter picked

not sure about going zen against a sombra as this mean 50hp at each of her ult^^
Lucio was too agile and the hack would have mainly done nothing to affect his play style in the current game. This will definitely add some conflict and a hard counter that was needed for Lucio.
02/15/2018 04:57 AMPosted by PBPanzer
As a fellow Lucio main, I don't think they should reduce her hacking speed if they're going to make it a virtually death- sentence ability.

How is hack death sentence?
02/15/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Auro

And which support should we switch to ? Zen ? Mercy ? Ana ? Don't make me laugh. If sombra stays the way she is on PTR, the only support viable is moira.

The hack needs a counter. More ability and less cast time shouldn't be a thing. One of them is plenty enough.
She'll be a replacement genji. Which is what a lot of people are currently focusing on right now. Give it time. Eventually they'll ask for sombra nerfs. That's just how things are here.
02/15/2018 05:12 AMPosted by mesmero
02/15/2018 05:02 AMPosted by Eddimame

not sure about going zen against a sombra as this mean 50hp at each of her ult^^

I forgot all abt that. Ehh well...support role is gonna be fun then
02/15/2018 05:27 AMPosted by HurrDurr
02/15/2018 04:57 AMPosted by PBPanzer

How is hack death sentence?

The only two heroes I can think of the top of my head are Lucio and Pharah; Hack makes her drop like a rock and unable to hover.
Pharah and Lucio mains going to get wrecked by Sombra.
I actually main both Pharah and Lucio; don't get me wrong tho I actually like the changes they are bringing to Sombra that might make me confident to play her w/o someone thinking im throwing. But increasing the hack speed and the passives hack disable can make sombra too powerful.

Disabling genji and hanzo's passive wallclimb can mean there is a smaller window for them to get to safety in a team fight against an enemy Sombra. Pharmercy will fall to the ground like moths; Lucio turns from a frog into a snail. They might tone down her hack speed back again if they still let her remove passives but I am glad they removed charging Sombra's EMP from health packs.

I would like to see Sombra kinda like Soldier; just giving some extra HP to the team from time to time. Not an EMP farming healer.
02/15/2018 05:05 AMPosted by NotSure
Shoot the sombra while using the ability to cancel it, or run away with your mobility.

You will fail most of the time.

Only Moira have a decent chance react to Hack and interrupt it. None of the other supports can.
02/15/2018 05:35 AMPosted by Weesia
02/15/2018 04:50 AMPosted by Auro

And which support should we switch to ? Zen ? Mercy ? Ana ? Don't make me laugh. If sombra stays the way she is on PTR, the only support viable is moira.

The hack needs a counter. More ability and less cast time shouldn't be a thing. One of them is plenty enough.

Mercy. New E ability. Breath of Life. Cleanses heroes of all active status effects.

I can't say this is my idea. I saw this suggestion here about four months ago and it is more relevant than ever! This ability is a super cool idea and doesn't exist in any capacity in OW. This would feel especially balanced if Hanzo gets fire/ice/aura arrows in his rework. Having an immediate counterplay element such as Breath of Life would allow Hanzo arrows to be implemented with a check.

Other things affected would be: Mei freeze, Sombra hack, Ana DoT, Ana anti-heal, among others.

Just thought I'd share the idea. Also, my Lucio icon is showing now which is dope.
Maybe this doesn't pertain to your post 100%, but I am very worried for Reinhardt's place in the game if these changes go through. Don't get me wrong, I actually really like the changes and I think Sombra needs them... but a buffed Sombra equals more Sombra; more Sombra equals less Rein. Reinhardt is having a hard enough time these days as it is!

RIP Reinhardt. Die with glory, old friend.