Remove Symmetra from CTF

General Discussion
The turtle is too real.
Remove Torb, Remove Bastion, Remove Junkrat, and Remove every defense hero... Sym and EVERYONE ELSE in CTF is fair. It’s not that she’s overpowered, it’s that she’s a popular defense pick.
Just play Winston. Boom, problem solved.
oh look, genji
No. Include Winston into your games.
If a team is playing a turtle strat that you just can't seem to break through for whatever reason, I've noticed a good way to combat this is to just play very defensively as well and try to force the game to sudden death. Then just dive them during sudden death since Sym/Torb probably won't have as much time to set up their defenses. It takes a little longer but it usually works.
LOL Sym finally makes it into a Meta and someone demands that they remove her. Classic Overwatch forums....
02/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Ragnarok013
LOL Sym finally makes it into a Meta and someone demands that they remove her. Classic Overwatch forums....
maybe because she is easy and very frustrating to play against
02/15/2018 11:48 AMPosted by qpalzm112
02/15/2018 11:47 AMPosted by Ragnarok013
maybe because she is easy and very frustrating to play against

and maybe she's frustrating to play against because you're not playing as a team...you know.....like the game was designed to be played
Let's see...

You complain about Sym being in CTF, because i assume you mean the matches go on for too long?

Get a Winston and/or Mei, why Mei? Well she can freeze the sym, and her freeze can basically destroy turrets easily, just like Winston can, it's all about countering, Mei is also usefull when the enemy has a torbjorn, they can wall the turret away, freeze torb and kill them, obviously with team's support to secure the flag. Don't get me wrong, but sometimes you have to play a little smarter to outsmart the enemy.
Yes let's remove Symmetra in the only game mode where she is "meta"... smh
They already did lol
Why am I not surprised it’s a bronze genji main
Use Winston, DVa, Junkrat, or Mei to clear out sentries.
Turtling is literally the worse strategy in ctf
02/15/2018 11:17 AMPosted by Casshern
Just play Winston. Boom, problem solved.

Boom, son! Laying down counter facts in the figgety forums! The look on your face I like to pretend you have is priceless!
A Symmetra who stays at the base after setting up defenses is doing it wrong. I've won so many games leading the attack with her. Just like Mei, she's great for breaking through the turtle strat, specifically the stationary Bastions and Torb turrets, and her barrier helps a lot with getting inside and keeping chasing enemies off your back. You can go for a flank TP to overwhelm them with surprise, but that's situational, setting up SG close enough to cover both bases gives the most sustainable support and can be the advantage you need to bust through the turtling.

02/15/2018 11:22 AMPosted by hoodoo
If a team is playing a turtle strat that you just can't seem to break through for whatever reason, I've noticed a good way to combat this is to just play very defensively as well and try to force the game to sudden death. Then just dive them during sudden death since Sym/Torb probably won't have as much time to set up their defenses. It takes a little longer but it usually works.

Nah, if they're turtling hard, you play it like an Offense/Defense game. No need to leave people behind defending a flag no one is going to come after because the entire enemy team is entrenched. You gotta just go in as a team and stomp them, then make off with their flag - the problem is when both sides play full defense and nothing happens because no one is trying to capture. I ain't sitting around for 5 minutes to force a sudden death to finally play the actual game.

02/15/2018 12:10 PMPosted by kleanupman
Turtling is literally the worse strategy in ctf

Someone gets it.