Mei's Buffs

PTR Feedback
Genuinely thank you, she's been a garbage fire of a hero for so long, this allows her to actually work where she's supposed to. Can't wait to play my Mein again <3
She is still a garbage fire with these buffs.. they do nothing, they address nothing.

2 extra icicles per clip means zilch.

The other 0.5 second increase to slow is so insignificant it doesn't allow us to do anything we couldn't do before, it just makes triple tapping and some other things slightly easier.

Mei will continue to be F tier with only these minuscule, pathetic, thoughtless, and effortless "buffs".
Meis kit as is is a mess.

U can buff her but won't fix her.

Her ult is the worst in game.
Has a noticible voice, delay to activate, a projectile that can be reflected/eaten, and a slow build up of stars that anyone can basically get out if if they know the location it lands. (So they know what way to head from it and not closer to it)

Alt fire is a mess.

Tiny clip.
Delayed firing.
Falloff dmg to top it off...

What other hero has a delayed skill with falloff as their main attack? (As u will use alt fire until ur team van get close to enemy)

Cryo is good as let's her juke any ultimate basically while healing...but also leaves u open to get killed moment it drops....and has bugs about enemy skills sometimes hitting u even if u use it first.

Wall is really dull..

If u wanted a wall...we have orisa.
And her shield doesn t let enemy lucio/genji/hanzo climb or ride it...

She is squishy af for the range she is made for (u can die trying to just get close) and while the buff to slow will help a bit...mobility heroes like genji and tracer will still just dash/blink away, let it fall off, then recall and repeat.
The changes did jack. Fast heroes still escape. They did not fix jumping resetting freeze.

At best it's a "win more" button on people not escaping you anyways.

They need to stop being chicken and make real changes. Something like her primary gimping escape abilities as she freezes you.

These will do nothing, and they likely do not care
the buffs! they do nothing !!!
She clearly needs a bigger buff than Blizzard currently offers.

Mei is less played than Sombra and yet it is she who inherited a multitude of buff totally OP .... look for the error.
It is no a huge buff, but the one that really works well is that it also gives you more time to reapply freeze. Enemies that were half frozen got back to normal too fast. Now you have alot more time to freeze then fully. I am no mei main, but I was doing with her alot better in PTR than I ever have in live.
02/17/2018 03:18 AMPosted by WeirdWølf
It is no a huge buff, but the one that really works well is that it also gives you more time to reapply freeze. Enemies that were half frozen got back to normal too fast. Now you have alot more time to freeze then fully. I am no mei main, but I was doing with her alot better in PTR than I ever have in live.

Nobody says that the buff applied by Blizzard does not work.

He is even welcome.

But it is clearly unsuccessful to make it out of tier F. Its ultimate is totally ineffective and it clearly lacks something to make a solid pick to face the big pieces of the meta.

I love Mei but given his condition is not a character that I will play in the future because there is much better.
The reason Mei is F Tier is because she provides no skills that deter or initiate fights outside of her Ultimate, which is overall weak and slow to charge based on her kit. Mei's weakest part of her kit is actually her Cryo Freeze, which is at best stall mechanic. I hate stall mechanics, and for my suggestion I would recommend making Cryo Freeze into a deterrence mechanic instead.

Changes:
Maximum Healing to 120 - 3 Second Duration with 40 HP per second
Add: Freezing AOE of 3m from Mei while in Cryo Freeze
AOE Properties: An area of effect Blizzard-lite that does 15 damage per second, and slows targets in the AOE. If a target is within the AOE during the ability's natural resolution they will be frozen and also take 25 damage from the ice shatter. If Mei exits Cryo Freeze manually they will not be frozen, but still inflicted with 25 damage from the ice shatter.
*Sombra should be able to hack a Mei out of Cryo Freeze.

Reasoning:
Everyone's been in the Cryo Freeze situation where they're logically camped and killed by an enemy or their team. The whole point of Cryo Freeze is rendered pointless anyways other than delaying the enemies a few seconds or mitigating a threat attack (Hook, Flashbang, Sleepdart, Swift Strike etc), but still enables an enemy team or skilled DPS to punish the Mei player immediately after. It basically just helps the enemy get more ult as the ability is currently.

The Benefits:
- Provides a defensive dangerzone. Mei is now a more effective defensive threat and has increased survival; operating as a stronger Anti-Flanker.
- Mei can utilize Cryo Freeze on the payload or objective to defensively ward enemies away from her close proximity.
- Added damage effects should help Mei gain ult charge slightly faster.
- Encourage creative Mei play. Utilizing high-ground (Junkertown/Dorado Stage One for example), a Mei can jump and use her ability, and with a second or more off the clock possibly initiating pushes with her close range AOE Freeze. Combine this with something like Icewall where Mei is unseen behind the Icewall until it's too late.

Conclusion:
The AOE doesn't particularly afford Mei anything that she isn't already having trouble dealing with. Now Tracer/Genji/Doomfist/Reaper/McCree will simply learn to stay out of the AOE radius, Mei is still vulnerable to Sombra hacks of course and can be knocked out of Cryo Freeze by a Hack. This does encourage that players simply adjust to Mei's slightly higher damage potential (70 total if caught in the AOE for full 3 seconds). However even something as minor as 25 HP damage can scare off a Genji or Tracer especially if they've already been engaged in a fight with a Mei or Mei's team, and they don't want to even be caught losing mobility near Mei's team.
More icicles means better poke fight, better shield fight, less downtime in the midfight, and overall more damage.

I don't know why people are so mad about this. reloading is a huge deal in the overall scheme of things, and having to reload less makes a hero FAR more flexible than before.

Imagine if tracer suddenly had 38 bullets instead of 40, tracer mains would be PISSED at how much more they would have to reload, but that's such a pathetic decrease in ammo. it just means tracer will have 5% less damage overall in the grand scheme of the match.
02/17/2018 05:35 PMPosted by Polyrhythm
More icicles means better poke fight, better shield fight, less downtime in the midfight, and overall more damage.

I don't know why people are so mad about this. reloading is a huge deal in the overall scheme of things, and having to reload less makes a hero FAR more flexible than before.

Imagine if tracer suddenly had 38 bullets instead of 40, tracer mains would be PISSED at how much more they would have to reload, but that's such a pathetic decrease in ammo. it just means tracer will have 5% less damage overall in the grand scheme of the match.

It's like the means of helping Sym being to give her gun an extra second of beam time can calling it a fix. Sure it's nice, but it really doesn't fix the issue.
she cant deal with flankers, it makes almost no difference to how she deals with any other characters. The buff basically does nothing.
02/16/2018 12:58 AMPosted by JayRPG
She is still a garbage fire with these buffs.. they do nothing, they address nothing.

2 extra icicles per clip means zilch.

The other 0.5 second increase to slow is so insignificant it doesn't allow us to do anything we couldn't do before, it just makes triple tapping and some other things slightly easier.

Mei will continue to be F tier with only these minuscule, pathetic, thoughtless, and effortless "buffs".

I wouldn't say these changes mean nothing. They do help her but not in the ways she needs it.