Reaper Is Ridiculous

General Discussion
Mid range he is trash, close range he get killed by roadhog, seriously...go in custom, call a friend and you will see...both of you shooting at each other and reaper will be the one that die...
Buff Idea:
Increase his fire rate, reduce his spread
Or
Shooting enemy nullify any healing...
His flanking abilities are sluggish & predictable.
Very, very true, which is why the eternal Reaper must be buffed at all costs. Only then can this flawed game be corrected and reborn in the darkness of Reaper's ominous and vengeful hatred.
02/16/2018 07:32 AMPosted by Reaper
Very, very true, which is why the eternal Reaper must be buffed at all costs. Only then can this flawed game be corrected and reborn in the darkness of Reaper's ominous and vengeful hatred.

Sadly another thread I created got lost over moira nerf ones...
Reaper need a buff.....we will have to get the developer attention!
I will risk account suspension if I have to...I will bump this until Reaper get his justice...
It is sad the developer wouldn't look into their own game...minority gets abandoned...forgotten...
I just can't stand how pathetic my 50+ hours main is....
Picking literally anyone is better than picking Reaper...Reaper is a joke pick.
I just wish shadow step wasn't so janky to use

I just play him as a front line bruiser behind a tank more than a flanker because his flanking is so slow and situational
02/16/2018 07:43 AMPosted by Flustered

I just play him as a front line bruiser behind a tank more than a flanker because his flanking is so slow and situational

Like how you aim to shadow step to a window but it's flashing between the window across the map and the ground 2 feet in front of you, get it to stop on the window where you want to go, then it flashes at the last second and you spend 10 seconds moving 2 steps. I love that!
I think Reapers mainproblem is his movement speed, he feels super slow considering his point-blank damage dealer, if he's not close enough, he's useless. I think replacing the "teleport-ability" is the way to go. Not to give him sprint, but something to help his movement speed rather than a slow teleport.
When playing Reaper, I rarely use the teleport. I use it to get back when I died, or to get onto high-grounds, but otherwise it's a really useless ability.

When you're compairing heroes 1v1 you will get a false picture of reality. Roadhog is one of the heroes that are REALLY good in 1v1, but you can't balance around that, cause then Mercy would need a mega damage buff to her gun, to be able to kill Roadhog, so yeah. It doesnt make sense to balance around 1v1. However, Reapers movement speed still stand.

Sad...any other offense got better mobility...
Soldier 76 can run, Tracer can blink, Sombra can use translocator or sprint, Doomfist..doomfist, Pharah flight, Genji dash, Mc cree...can do a short roll besides he don't need to get close...
Sure Reaper got a teleport...but that is super slow and you can die if you accidentally use it..you can't cancel it.
Sadly Roadhog is better then Reaper. He can hook and one shot combo, he has 600 hp and he can self heal that charge his ultimate way faster then Reaper's mid range attacks.

Shadow step need to be reworked yes
02/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
Mid range he is trash, close range he get killed by roadhog, seriously...go in custom, call a friend and you will see...both of you shooting at each other and reaper will be the one that die...
Buff Idea:
Or

If you die as Reaper vs. hog.. sorry to say you need more practice with Reaper..

It's very easy to bait his hook, dps down, bait hook again with wraith after he heals, and then blast him to death after you're in his face.
02/16/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Ghaghzull
Sadly Roadhog is better then Reaper. He can hook and one shot combo, he has 600 hp and he can self heal that charge his ultimate way faster then Reaper's mid range attacks.

Roadhog can't 1 shot anymore...but after hooking Roadhog is bound to win
Reaper can't outheal through Roadhog close range damage
His E for sure needs some re-work. Shadow Step just is plain terrible. It's easy to see him flanking, he is completely vulnerable during it, you have to sometimes move your mouse more than once over the area you want so it can lock on. Moira's Shift does more for flanking than Reaper's Shadow Step.
A lot of people say reaper counters hog but that really isnt the case hog is without a doubt the king of 1v1's reaper just has the best chance at killing him
If he gets the jump on hog and/or can bait out hook he will without a doubt win but if hog fires and immediately throws hook reaper will get one shot
02/16/2018 07:52 AMPosted by CoolMercy
02/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
Buff Idea:
Or

If you die as Reaper vs. hog.. sorry to say you need more practice with Reaper..

It's very easy to bait his hook, dps down, bait hook again with wraith after he heals, and then blast him to death after you're in his face.

Bait? You take everyone for fools? Not once have I been baited as a Roadhog. Pros play have no place for Reaper
Need I remind you Reaper MUST get close to damage...if Reaper keep at a distance, Roadhog wins because Roadhog can do damage at mid range.
And again...Reaper can't outheal Roadhog damage...Roadhog is a tank...Reaper is not...
Have you watched Spirit, R34P3R and other high level players using him? Because this looks like a classic " I'm definitely not bad at the hero, the hero itself must be bad". Reaper is not the best hero right now, but saying he's useless because you're not able to play him is meh.