Reaper Is Ridiculous

General Discussion
It's pretty obvious that Shadow Step is the broken link in his kit. If the ability was fast enough to use in combat, it could be amazing. For a character built around "getting the jump" on enemies, it just pales in comparison to Tracer or Moria's blink/shift mechanics. Even Sombra's translocator is miles ahead in mechanics - not to mention that they are about to buff the duration of it. Reaper should be the scariest character in the game when engaging at point blank range. Even his visual design is based on that very theme. Somehow Junkrat ended up in that slot, and that's never felt right (to me) for a ranged damage dealer.
You'd have to be a bot to complain about Reaper vs current Hog in close range tbh.
Imho he's ok.

He can also oneshot with his primary fire....
02/17/2018 01:13 AMPosted by Pixelshock
It's pretty obvious that Shadow Step is the broken link in his kit. If the ability was fast enough to use in combat, it could be amazing. For a character built around "getting the jump" on enemies, it just pales in comparison to Tracer or Moria's blink/shift mechanics. Even Sombra's translocator is miles ahead in mechanics - not to mention that they are about to buff the duration of it. Reaper should be the scariest character in the game when engaging at point blank range. Even his visual design is based on that very theme. Somehow Junkrat ended up in that slot, and that's never felt right (to me) for a ranged damage dealer.

Junkrat can really use a Reaper skin :P
02/16/2018 07:43 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
I just can't stand how pathetic my 50+ hours main is....
Picking literally anyone is better than picking Reaper...Reaper is a joke pick.

and yet you will still pick your "pathetic" main, or Symmetra that's in the worst state for a character possible, but of course who cares as long as you're having fun right? screw your team, that's the way to do it!
02/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
Mid range he is trash, close range he get killed by roadhog, seriously...go in custom, call a friend and you will see...both of you shooting at each other and reaper will be the one that die...
Buff Idea:
Increase his fire rate, reduce his spread
Or
Shooting enemy nullify any healing...

I have a hard time understanding these forums at times.

I was downvoted to hell and back previously for saying road hog is scarier than reaper- and when I play reaper I fear roadhog more than I fear reaper when I play hog.

Shrug.
02/17/2018 01:21 AMPosted by Crash
02/16/2018 07:43 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
I just can't stand how pathetic my 50+ hours main is....
Picking literally anyone is better than picking Reaper...Reaper is a joke pick.

and yet you will still pick your "pathetic" main, or Symmetra that's in the worst state for a character possible, but of course who cares as long as you're having fun right? screw your team, that's the way to do it!

Imo symmetra is still good, I can kill people effectively with her
02/17/2018 01:22 AMPosted by SidewaysGts
02/16/2018 07:22 AMPosted by SadEmbracer
Mid range he is trash, close range he get killed by roadhog, seriously...go in custom, call a friend and you will see...both of you shooting at each other and reaper will be the one that die...
Buff Idea:
Increase his fire rate, reduce his spread
Or
Shooting enemy nullify any healing...

I have a hard time understanding these forums at times.

I was downvoted to hell and back previously for saying road hog is scarier than reaper- and when I play reaper I fear roadhog more than I fear reaper when I play hog.

Shrug.

Way back, I can kill Roadhog easily as Reaper...I laughed whenever I see a Roadhog
Whaddya mean he needs buffs? He's perfect!

You're supposed to be able to hear just how stupidly loud his boots are when he's trying to be all sneaky like and hear when he's teleporting. That's just how flankers work!

(In case you don't see the sarcasm... it's there.)
02/17/2018 01:24 AMPosted by Izzy
Whaddya mean he needs buffs? He's perfect!

You're supposed to be able to hear just how stupidly loud his boots are when he's trying to be all sneaky like and hear when he's teleporting. That's just how flankers work!

(In case you don't see the sarcasm... it's there.)

Yeah! Lets make Genji YELL mada mada whenever he climb a wall! :D
Also Hanzo YELL oniichan ><
Reaper need buffs <.<
02/17/2018 01:17 AMPosted by Otamega
Imho he's ok.

He can also oneshot with his primary fire....

if youre deaf and blind like you apparentlly
He could definitely use some work. He's constantly outshined by other dps and shadow step is pretty much a meme at this point.
02/16/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Kagetora
His flanking abilities are sluggish & predictable.

Which is exactly why you should never be flanking as Reaper.

His movement speed is already terribly slow, and people are getting this absurd idea that his Wraith form gives him the movement speed of a Genji.

Stop flanking with Reaper and play with your team. You and everyone around you will benefit greatly.
02/17/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Arcadius
02/16/2018 07:24 AMPosted by Kagetora
His flanking abilities are sluggish & predictable.

His movement speed is already terribly slow, and people are getting this absurd idea that his Wraith form gives him the movement speed of a Genji.

Stop flanking with Reaper and play with your team. You and everyone around you will benefit greatly.

5 meters
02/17/2018 05:21 PMPosted by NordBigD
02/17/2018 05:20 PMPosted by Arcadius

5 meters

"I'm a flanker, I move really fast" says the Reaper using Wraith form to escape enemies while they only have to hold W and follow you.