Overwatch BattleGrounds

General Discussion
Who thinks it would be cool to see some type of battlegrounds gamemode in Overwatch.
Maps are much too small and linear,balancing would be awful. No.
Let's leave the copying to Paladins
Widowmaker would obliterate everyone.
Overwatch should have !@#$ Zombies.

Tank Demsey for hero 27 confirmed
so h1z1 copyed hunger games, players unknown copped h1z1, fortnight copied players unknown, paladins copied fortnight, and so on LMAO
To be honest if this was to be a thing there might need to be a hero banning system but would still be fun to play. Ex the huge ships you start off in on some overwatch maps could be flying over the map, the doors would open and you could jump out.
02/17/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Skaly
so h1z1 copyed hunger games, players unknown copped h1z1, fortnight copied players unknown, paladins copied fortnight, and so on LMAO

Hunger games copied battle royale
H1Z1 copied both
PUBG copied H1Z1, but was made by a guy that worked on both and loved Battle Royale the movie
Fortnite copied PUBG
Paladins copied everything they can that would make them money
What if they took inspiration and made different types of the gamemode???
Let's not.
I wouldn't mind seeing a 12v12 multiple objective map, rather then the 1 point 6v6 we have now.
02/17/2018 05:57 PMPosted by Skaly

Fortnite had been in development for YEARS. unless you are talking about a recent update?
Isn’t the point of Fortnight to get better equipment? Overwatch doesn’t have any equipment.

It would just turn into a slower, less balanced version of Deathmatch, except you don’t respawn when you die.
For upgrades in overwatch there could be thing like limited ammo, or maybe buffs you could find like 5% damage resistance.
There would definitely need some sort of vehicles to speed up getting around places if it was gonna be a big map.

I actually like this idea, some of the most fun I had on counter strike back in the day was playing the jeepathon2k map where you could drive jeeps around and into other players.
What if there were plates around the map that would give you speed bost like 76 when he used his shift but would stop if you let go of W or shoot.
Because of 'Paladins', the word 'Battlegrounds' has lost its meaning to 'Battle Royale'.

For 'Battle Royale', Overwatch just ain't the game for it at all. Soon-to-be 27 different heroes with each their own pro and con, it's just going to be a mess.

When I hear 'Battlegrounds', I'm thinking of things like Arathi Basin or Warsong Gulch from WoW.

I wouldn't mind seeing a mode like Arathi Basin where you capture multiple points for an increased point generation over time. We already have CTF (WSG) battlegrounds.
God no, the battle royale modes are overrated as is. Can we not force them into every single game?
I like the idea!
No, just no. There are already enough of these Battle Royale games out now we don't need more. Lets keep OW how it is instead of worrying about a genre thats already infested.