Ana Passive

General Discussion
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing as it is live for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would have to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

The passive will be active if Ana receives no damage for three seconds. (Like Mercy's old regen) This way it wouldn't be broken by having Ana just be pocketed for 90hps from Mercy or 120hps from Moira during combat.

Thoughts?
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing at is for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would require to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

Thoughts?

Already created a thread that said the nade give 200Hp only for ana. But idk some people don't agree, even tho ana has the worst pickrate because of little survivability.
Or she heals herself by healing others?
02/19/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Mikado
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing as it is live for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would have to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

Thoughts?
It's a neat idea. The same effect as bionade's heal boost, but permanent. Makes sense, doesn't change her playstyle.
Ana would become extremely difficult to kill in many situations if healing done to her was amplified by 50% on top of having her grenade. Just Mercy alone would be able to heal her at a rate of 90 HPS -- two seconds and she's back to full health, and that's without using her grenade.

I don't think Ana needs better self-healing necessarily. It doesn't solve her real core problems at all, which are her consistency and her vulnerability to getting dived. Boosted received healing does nothing to make her a more consistent support, nor does it help in most situations where the enemy is attacking Ana quickly. All this does is make healers play closer to Ana, or rather, make Ana play closer to healers.

And in general she doesn't need improved self-healing. More of her kit should be encouraged to be shooting from the back lines, where she's not exposed to damage in the first place, and it's easy to find your other healer or grab a health pack. The fact that her self-heal is reserved to just her grenade is a weakness that's fun to play against. It's okay for a hero to have some inherent flaws. It's healthy to have them.

That being said, there is one suggestion I have that would, marginally, improve her self-healing. Without going into immense detail, simply separating her Biotic Grenade into healing and damage grenades, much like Moira's orbs, would do wonders in de-compressing the ability's power. Right now, the ability is quite restricted in a lot of ways due to how much it does in a flash. If you were able to choose what kind of grenade you throw, you could buff the effects overall and even possibly lower the cooldown, since one grenade no longer has so much attached value.
02/19/2018 01:09 AMPosted by KucingKadut
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing at is for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would require to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

Thoughts?

Already created a thread that said the nade give 200Hp only for ana. But idk some people don't agree, even tho ana has the worst pickrate because of little survivability.

Full 200 hp is dumb and I want it to be affecting her with health packs as well so she doesn't waste nade on herself to just be full health.
02/19/2018 01:10 AMPosted by Bard
Or she heals herself by healing others?

It sounds somewhat impractical since we need it to seem consistent with lore and game mechanics. My idea is consistent since she happens to have a nade that buffs healing by 50% and doesn't give her some forced in power outside of lore. You can exaggerated abilities using game mechanics but you can't simply give a character something that would seem out of place.
02/19/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Heavy
Ana would become extremely difficult to kill in many situations if healing done to her was amplified by 50% on top of having her grenade. Just Mercy alone would be able to heal her at a rate of 90 HPS -- two seconds and she's back to full health, and that's without using her grenade.

I don't think Ana needs better self-healing necessarily. It doesn't solve her real core problems at all, which are her consistency and her vulnerability to getting dived. Boosted received healing does nothing to make her a more consistent support, nor does it help in most situations where the enemy is attacking Ana quickly. All this does is make healers play closer to Ana, or rather, make Ana play closer to healers.

And in general she doesn't need improved self-healing. More of her kit should be encouraged to be shooting from the back lines, where she's not exposed to damage in the first place, and it's easy to find your other healer or grab a health pack. The fact that her self-heal is reserved to just her grenade is a weakness that's fun to play against. It's okay for a hero to have some inherent flaws. It's healthy to have them.

That being said, there is one suggestion I have that would, marginally, improve her self-healing. Without going into immense detail, simply separating her Biotic Grenade into healing and damage grenades, much like Moira's orbs, would do wonders in de-compressing the ability's power. Right now, the ability is quite restricted in a lot of ways due to how much it does in a flash. If you were able to choose what kind of grenade you throw, you could buff the effects overall and even possibly lower the cooldown, since one grenade no longer has so much attached value.

Consistency is a player problem, not an Ana problem. I've seen many great Ana players and am one of those. Healing and doing damage is easy but staying alive is the biggest crap of all. Of course you'll do less if you're busy in spawn all the time. Plus in order to combat this, one can say she should be out of combat for passive to work like Mercy's regen. If Ana isn't damaged for 3 whole seconds, she'll receive 50% extra healing. There, it's fixed now. I'll even add that to the post.

Plus her nade is meant to work like that since that's Ana's whole design that even makes her better than Moira in some situations. Ana isn't meant to be a super consistent sustained healer like Mercy. She is meant to make an impact in a snap. She bursts heals making her healing better than others since it's instant rather than over time. Her nade is meant to turn a whole team fight in a blink because of it's sudden capacity.

In short, I get what you're going for. But I look to fix Ana biggest flaw, not change her character's dynamic. It won't make her flaws be completely destroyed since she needs them. But it won't make her crushingly punishable for even a good player.
02/19/2018 01:57 AMPosted by Mikado
Consistency is a player problem, not an Ana problem. I've seen many great Ana players and am one of those. Healing and doing damage is easy but staying alive is the biggest crap of all. Of course you'll do less if you're busy in spawn all the time. Plus in order to combat this, one can say she should be out of combat for passive to work like Mercy's regen. If Ana isn't damaged for 3 whole seconds, she'll receive 50% extra healing. There, it's fixed now. I'll even add that to the post.

Consistency is not consistent (hehe) across all ranks of play and it's especially noticeable with Ana because so much of her kit ends up with her fighting against her own team. Ally hitboxes getting in your way, teammates waking up slept enemies, grenades hitting unintended targets, etc. on top of the fact that she has strict LOS requirements for healing, it's very difficult for her to heal mobile allies, and one missed shot is easily the difference between life and death. I'd rather see Ana get improved in areas where these annoyances and inconsistencies can be worked around, that way your Genji doesn't die because Roadhog was giving you a hug from behind and it prioritized healing him.

Your fix to your proposal still begs the question, what will it really do? Now Ana has to wait 3 seconds before picking up a health pack if she wants to maximize it? Or she peels back to another healer, she'll get back into the fight maybe a half second faster? If Ana is able to get to a healer, it's either in the middle of a fight where she won't not be taking damage every three seconds, or they're close enough that the healer will just bring them back to full before the 50% boost can even activate, or they're far enough that Ana would have just escaped and, again, get healed to full anyway.

It's just a clumsy idea. Ana's self-healing really isn't the problem because she either lives through dive situations or doesn't. And that's just really how she's intended to be, as a sniper AND a support and all. Again, if we're gonna give Ana buffs, it makes much more sense to buff in her ways where she feels more consistent and isn't tripped up by her own team's actions or wrestling with cooldowns on what tend to be very important abilities.
Wish they made Ana regenerate health slowly after not taking damage for X seconds.

and allowed her healing to go through barriers!

Also with the impending Sombra meta make Zenyatta stay at 200HP with EMP! A non-damage dealing ultimate reducing a healer to 50 health is ridiculous.
How about whenever the nade is OFF cooldown- Ana has a very slow passive heal. Like 10 hps or so. Enough to help top her off. The burst from the nade itself would still be better. An easy amount to out damage. But she won’t always have to nade herself to keep going or remove herself to get a health pack or rely entirely on another healer.

You know.

Like basically every other healer in the game.
02/19/2018 02:08 AMPosted by Heavy

Consistency is not consistent (hehe) across all ranks of play and it's especially noticeable with Ana because so much of her kit ends up with her fighting against her own team. Ally hitboxes getting in your way, teammates waking up slept enemies, grenades hitting unintended targets, etc. on top of the fact that she has strict LOS requirements for healing, it's very difficult for her to heal mobile allies, and one missed shot is easily the difference between life and death. I'd rather see Ana get improved in areas where these annoyances and inconsistencies can be worked around, that way your Genji doesn't die because Roadhog was giving you a hug from behind and it prioritized healing him.

Your fix to your proposal still begs the question, what will it really do? Now Ana has to wait 3 seconds before picking up a health pack if she wants to maximize it? Or she peels back to another healer, she'll get back into the fight maybe a half second faster? If Ana is able to get to a healer, it's either in the middle of a fight where she won't not be taking damage every three seconds, or they're close enough that the healer will just bring them back to full before the 50% boost can even activate, or they're far enough that Ana would have just escaped and, again, get healed to full anyway.

It's just a clumsy idea. Ana's self-healing really isn't the problem because she either lives through dive situations or doesn't. And that's just really how she's intended to be, as a sniper AND a support and all. Again, if we're gonna give Ana buffs, it makes much more sense to buff in her ways where she feels more consistent and isn't tripped up by her own team's actions or wrestling with cooldowns on what tend to be very important abilities.

Consistentcy isn't meant to be equal to all ranks. Widow will never be consistent because her impact is a sudden burst like Ana's. What you ask for Ana is like me buffing Widow's auto rifle to Soldier's rifle. There'd be no point in sniping since even a plat can use Widow to get value out of her the way GMs who practiced her could. But with much much less effort. Soldier and Mercy are meant to be consistent and sustained at their jobs throughout all ranks and situations. Widow and Ana aren't meant to be like that.

When Widow was buffed, they didn't buff her gun so she'd be good in bronze all of sudden. They buffed her hook so she can stay alive and the player that dedicate practicing her and are good with her wouldn't be punished just for being her. Survivability is the fix Widow needed and now what Ana needs.
02/19/2018 02:13 AMPosted by SidewaysGts
How about whenever the nade is OFF cooldown- Ana has a very slow passive heal. Like 10 hps or so. Enough to help top her off. The burst from the nade itself would still be better. An easy amount to out damage. But she won’t always have to nade herself to keep going or remove herself to get a health pack or rely entirely on another healer.

You know.

Like basically every other healer in the game.

To be fair, Ana should be outside of battles snipe healing. So if she gets spotted and shot at, she should take cover and grab a healthpack. No reason for Ana to be balls deep in a team fight with her Rein honestly. Plus Zen generally relies on other healers since his regen takes 3 seconds and he's easy to hit and interrupt his regen.
02/19/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Heavy

Idk if that would even be overpowered. Using bionade anyone can get 90hps from Mercy or even 120hps from Moira for 4/10 seconds. Not as if Ana's there putting out obscene damage while being pocketed. I don't think the strategy would even be worthwhile.
02/19/2018 02:19 AMPosted by Mikado
Consistentcy isn't meant to be equal to all ranks. Widow will never be consistent because her impact is a sudden burst like Ana's. What you ask for Ana is like me buffing Widow's auto rifle to Soldier's rifle. There'd be no point in sniping since even a plat can use Widow to get value out of her the way GMs who practiced her could. But with much much less effort. Soldier and Mercy are meant to be consistent and sustained at their jobs throughout all ranks and situations. Widow and Ana aren't meant to be like that.

When Widow was buffed, they didn't buff her gun so she'd be good in bronze all of sudden. They buffed her hook so she can stay alive and the player that dedicate practicing her and are good with her wouldn't be punished just for being her. Survivability is the fix Widow needed and now what Ana needs.

The hook buff and venom mine buff Widowmaker received directly buffed her in the lower ranks by giving her more mobility and more advantages with venom mine. Higher ranked players didn't see as much of an impact because they don't need to use the hook as often (better coordination and awareness), and venom mine's infra-red is now more punishing to lower ranked players who don't keep a third eye on Widow's positioning nearly as well.

So, that was sort of a bad example.

Ideally, heroes should at least be fairly playable at all ranks. There's going to be some differences, of course, some heroes simply demand higher skill input for higher output, but right now, Ana pretty much can't ever be used in the lower half of the game, and I don't think anyone can use her on console, period. You have to also think of those players and this is a great opportunity for Ana to receive a buff that will greatly help her across all ranks, not just one particular rank. Her consistency problems are due to mechanics that can easily be resolved, and if done, it will take a lot of stress off the shoulder's of top Ana players, while being a major boost to lower skill players where Ana is just inaccessible or unfun. The buff you're proposing doesn't really make Ana better for anyone except, I guess, Anas that can reliably peel to a healer -- and that's mostly a high level skill.
Some form of healing passive
15 ammo

Helps her survive chip damage, and being able to last just that bit longer if she is jumped
Doesn't punish Ana for healing teammates or defending herself

There, if she's too good like that, tone down the healing. If she's healing too much, lower the ammo slightly.

There's so much room to move things, but they REFUSE to even TRY
<span class="truncated">...</span>

Full 200 hp is dumb and I want it to be affecting her with health packs as well so she doesn't waste nade on herself to just be full health.

I thought you could do better than directly calling someone else idea dumb, but what am i expecting..
02/19/2018 02:36 AMPosted by Uperior
Some form of healing passive
15 ammo

Helps her survive chip damage, and being able to last just that bit longer if she is jumped
Doesn't punish Ana for healing teammates or defending herself

There, if she's too good like that, tone down the healing. If she's healing too much, lower the ammo slightly.

There's so much room to move things, but they REFUSE to even TRY

I don't think she needs 15 ammo but possibly a faster reload. Cause faster reload will be more handy in more situations since more shots won't help you if you forget to keep you ammo count full. But that part I won't suggest since I don't know the full possible effects of the idea.

I thought you could do better than directly calling someone else idea dumb, but what i am to expect that..

Didn't mean to offend you. I meant like it doesn't help in the sense youd still be relying on your nade too much and people would be more prone to waste it on themselves. I'm sorry for coming across as mean ;~;
02/19/2018 02:43 AMPosted by Mikado

I thought you could do better than directly calling someone else idea dumb, but what i am to expect that..

Didn't mean to offend you. I meant like it doesn't help in the sense youd still be relying on your nade too much and people would be more prone to waste it on themselves. I'm sorry for coming across as mean ;~;
okay, apology accepted.