Ana Passive

General Discussion

Didn't mean to offend you. I meant like it doesn't help in the sense youd still be relying on your nade too much and people would be more prone to waste it on themselves. I'm sorry for coming across as mean ;~;
okay, apology accepted.

Truly sorry about that :c I usually say dumb as my way of being a bit lazy to go to full details when I'm tired. But it's too cold for me to sleep comfortably atm ;~;
Does anyone else have anymore potential buff ideas (please don't try and Rework Ana's kit though. Don't want Ana to end up in Mercy's situation)
Ana, Zen, Triple or Quad tank would be meta.

A very, very boring meta.
02/19/2018 03:01 AMPosted by McCrunk
Ana, Zen, Triple or Quad tank would be meta.

A very, very boring meta.

It already practically is with Lucio and Moira. Plus Ana could never bring back triple tank since back then she did double healing a lot unlike now. That and barriers and Defense Matrix counter Ana like hell.
02/19/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Mikado
Does anyone else have anymore potential buff ideas (please don't try and Rework Ana's kit though. Don't want Ana to end up in Mercy's situation)
Your original idea was good, didn't need the 3 second delay IMHO. Other than that I'd like her to be fully hitscan, sleep dart to lose it's cast time, and for her to have an infinite clip. One thing at a time though.
02/19/2018 01:07 AMPosted by Mikado
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing as it is live for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers.

I love this! I've been trying to play Ana more recently and its so stressful to even attempt solo healing. You could even tie this to lore as her being a sniper for Overwatch she would have to be crafty and resourceful to survive on the battlefield.
02/19/2018 03:22 AMPosted by toop
02/19/2018 03:00 AMPosted by Mikado
Your original idea was good, didn't need the 3 second delay IMHO. Other than that I'd like her to be fully hitscan, sleep dart to lose it's cast time, and for her to have an infinite clip. One thing at a time though.

I think part of her charm is having two firing modes. I'd prefer for her to keep it since it makes her unique and makes her more skill based and satisfying to pull off. But that's just me :)
I like your idea and hope for Blizz to consider it
02/19/2018 05:51 AMPosted by Mikado
02/19/2018 03:22 AMPosted by toop
...Your original idea was good, didn't need the 3 second delay IMHO. Other than that I'd like her to be fully hitscan, sleep dart to lose it's cast time, and for her to have an infinite clip. One thing at a time though.

I think part of her charm is having two firing modes. I'd prefer for her to keep it since it makes her unique and makes her more skill based and satisfying to pull off. But that's just me :)
Yeah I've heard that before, but IMO she doesn't need anything making it more difficult to heal squishies or defend herself.
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing as it is live for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would have to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

The passive will be active if Ana receives no damage for three seconds. (Like Mercy's old regen) This way it wouldn't be broken by having Ana just be pocketed for 90hps from Mercy or 120hps from Moira during combat.

Thoughts?

No, self sustain is not a problem for her if you play her as intended - in the backline, from afar, after all she is a sniper healer.

Increased self healing would make her too op.

Better choice would be incentive to play as sniper, for examlpe
a) she heals more if you use scope (and scope is hard to use in close range), or
b) the effects of her rifle both heal and damage, as well as grenade, are increased the farther away she is from target
c) A cool idea would be she is undetectable by hanzos arrow and widows ult if she is crouching still for few seconds.
I made a post about a different way she could have more sustain, let me know what you think.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760756007#post-1
02/19/2018 06:20 AMPosted by Parusoid
Ana should have a passive that has her receive 50% more healing at all times. If she ever has to use her nade on herself, she'll heal 150 hp since most times you have a bit of health missing as it is live for a long cool down. Plus, this way a small health pack could be enough and make her have better sustain and capable of solo healing like the other main healers. It wouldn't be too OP since she would have to receive health in the first place and it doesn't break her kit.

The passive will be active if Ana receives no damage for three seconds. (Like Mercy's old regen) This way it wouldn't be broken by having Ana just be pocketed for 90hps from Mercy or 120hps from Moira during combat.

Thoughts?

No, self sustain is not a problem for her if you play her as intended - in the backline, from afar, after all she is a sniper healer.

Increased self healing would make her too op.

Better choice would be incentive to play as sniper, for examlpe
a) she heals more if you use scope (and scope is hard to use in close range), or
b) the effects of her rifle both heal and damage, as well as grenade, are increased the farther away she is from target
c) A cool idea would be she is undetectable by hanzos arrow and widows ult if she is crouching still for few seconds.

You are aware being from a far healing doesn't prevent her from dying to an enemy Pharah, Widow and Soldier shooting and chipping new down from afar. Ana shouldn't have to waste her nade to not be full from direct body shots from Widow, Hanzo or Pharah who found her and sniped or have to waste it from chip dmg from Soldier whittling her down to less to 200 hp. Plus she'd still have to take cover for 3 seconds to let her passive be active. This isn't to make her strong in combat. This is to allow her to solo heal and not waste her nade on herself when taking cover after heavy fire.
02/19/2018 06:23 AMPosted by Halfnote
I made a post about a different way she could have more sustain, let me know what you think.
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760756007#post-1

I get the idea, but that's little healing that she'd receive and kind of an awkward mechanic. I know the Devs only put abilities that fit the criteria of consistency with their current mechanics and lore. So that's why I made 50% passive since it goes with her nade and lore considering she's been wounded and hospitalized. So she would technically have the same nano tech in her bloodstream like Mercy does. Mercy regents since she created her suit and the healing nano bio tech. Ana should receive 50% more heals since she practically was on life support and would make sense for her to still have a mobile life support due to her wound being a thing (I mean a sniper bullet in the eye should be an instant death. So she must have something helping her survive that) and it goes in line with her bio nade.
or just make the grenade heals 150 HP.

Since they nerfed the healing buff from the grenade, I think they should revert the radius. It's too small right now, you can easily miss it and hit nobody in a fight.
02/19/2018 06:36 AMPosted by ShivanDragon
or just make the grenade heals 150 HP.

Since they nerfed the healing buff from the grenade, I think they should revert the radius. It's too small right now, you can easily miss it and hit nobody in a fight.

Ana is too dependent on her nade and this only makes it more of a crutch. I want Ana to be overall better and remove the crutch she currently has. Plus 150 hp burst in an 8 meter diameter is OP. If she hits at least 3 other people with herself, that's a burst 600 hp which would make Nano charge crazy fast as hell.
We don't need nade to be any more stacked than it already is. Prior to the last nerf waaaay back when most Ana mains agreed that the nade was overpowered.

I was going to suggest 30 hp lifesteal on melee as a joke but tbh it's not a terrible idea.
02/19/2018 06:43 AMPosted by Dysvalence
We don't need nade to be any more stacked than it already is. Prior to the last nerf waaaay back when most Ana mains agreed that the nade was overpowered.

I was going to suggest 30 hp lifesteal on melee as a joke but tbh it's not a terrible idea.

Lol, punch a six man grav (since melee has cleave damage) and get 180 hp
Great suggestion!
I just wanna be with you the rest of my life and listen to good ideas.
I propose that her sleep dart be a secondary weapon and it has a fire rate similar to Mercy's blaster, but only one enemy can be asleep at a time

/s