Ana Passive

General Discussion
02/19/2018 07:08 AMPosted by VitamiX
I propose that her sleep dart be a secondary weapon and it has a fire rate similar to Mercy's blaster, but only one enemy can be asleep at a time

/s

That's a bit much. You'd have infinite ammo and be able to sleep dart the same person for a whole fight. It would be unfun for the sleeper, OP as hell and would probably cause the person you harass with endless sleep darts to get kicked for inactivity. As fun and hilarious as it sounds, that's big no LUL
02/19/2018 07:05 AMPosted by Nethermoosen
I just wanna be with you the rest of my life and listen to good ideas.

Why thank you :D but I'm not that much of a genius. Just trying to brainstorm a few nice buffs like many people. I had to make sure my idea wasn't OP though since I know the devs don't use OP ideas.
Best Ana passive I have heard of yet
02/19/2018 07:27 AMPosted by MartianMagic
Best Ana passive I have heard of yet

Why thank you c: I tried to keep it consistent with lore and game mechanics without changing kit. I really think Ana is an amazing hero and agree with the devs that she can be extremely hard to balance. But I sometimes you just need to take a step back to see what would be best without compromising her role.
02/19/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Heavy
And in general she doesn't need improved self-healing.

Oh BS. Why should Ana get no self regen when every other support has some kind of self healing off of a cool down?

That being said, I don't think 50% extra healing for Ana at all times is a little unfair. We've already been through 2 heroes with semi unfair self regeneration abilities. As a high skilled hero, I believe her self regen needs to stick to that theme.

https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20760878191#post-1

This was my idea for a self regen ability for Ana.
02/19/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Tenor
02/19/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Heavy
And in general she doesn't need improved self-healing.

Oh BS. Why should Ana get no self regen when every other support has some kind of self healing off of a cool down?

That being said, I don't think 50% extra healing for Ana at all times is a little unfair. We've already been through 2 heroes with semi unfair self regeneration abilities. As a high skilled hero, I believe her self regen needs to stick to that theme.

I like the idea but always found it to sound wonky and kind of out of nowhere. I mean stuff in game aren't Canon and abilities are exaggerated, but at least it's loosely truth. So I kind of want Ana to have a passive that could go with lore or consistent with her current mechanics without having some ability that doesn't exist or seem magical as hell. But that's just a me thing tbh. And this is a really good idea after all.
02/19/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Mikado
02/19/2018 07:40 AMPosted by Tenor

I like the idea but always found it to sound wonky and kind of out of nowhere. I mean stuff in game aren't Canon and abilities are exaggerated, but at least it's loosely truth. So I kind of want Ana to have a passive that could go with lore or consistent with her current mechanics without having some ability that doesn't exist or seem magical as hell. But that's just a me thing tbh. And this is a really good idea after all.

Dude, we've got a character that can heal through "Harmony Orbs", a hero that can heal using sound waves, a hero who points a stick and uses a beam of light to heal, and a healer who shoots "Biotic energy" out of her hands to damage and heal herself. I think we can sneak in a way for her darts to transport healing to herself through darts that she shoots from her gun.
02/19/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Tenor
02/19/2018 07:51 AMPosted by Mikado

Dude, we've got a character that can heal through "Harmony Orbs", a hero that can heal using sound waves, a hero who points a stick and uses a beam of light to heal, and a healer who shoots "Biotic energy" out of her hands to damage and heal herself. I think we can sneak in a way for her darts to transport healing to herself through darts that she shoots from her gun.

Harmony orbs are symbolic for Zentatta's enlightenment making it be an exaggerated thing from lore. The beam itself is Canon and explained through science. So far the only thing that seem magical in game are the Shimada brothers, and even then it isn't shown to be too mystical. So Ana slipping in healing makes no sense to me.

My idea fit the canonicity by the fact she has the bio tech and was hospitalized with it to keep her alive. Normally a sniper bullet to the eye is a definite death but the extreme healing tech from lore is powerful enough to regenerate cells which is why I made it be consistent with her bio nade since it's the same tech. The passive could be explained by life support from the hospitalization and said without it, Ana's brain cells stop regening and will decay leading to her death.
I think this is a great idea.
02/19/2018 08:16 AMPosted by Mikado
02/19/2018 08:03 AMPosted by Tenor

Harmony orbs are symbolic for Zentatta's enlightenment making it be an exaggerated thing from lore. The beam itself is Canon and explained through science. So far the only thing that seem magical in game are the Shimada brothers, and even then it isn't shown to be too mystical. So Ana slipping in healing makes no sense to me.

My idea fit the canonicity by the fact she has the bio tech and was hospitalized with it to keep her alive. Normally a sniper bullet to the eye is a definite death but the extreme healing tech from lore is powerful enough to regenerate cells which is why I made it be consistent with her bio nade since it's the same tech. The passive could be explained by life support from the hospitalization and said without it, Ana's brain cells stop regening and will decay leading to her death.

My point is that they COULD find some way to make it scientific. The idea is called Transfusion. Maybe Ana's darts transport the energy/blood from the opponent into Ana via some technology from Oasis.

The "Lore" of Overwatch is not going to stop Blizzard from making characters and new, interesting. They could pull a wizard or an orc from WOW and explain how it ties into science later via comic or cinematic. The lore should not be a limiting factor when coming up with new abilities.
02/19/2018 08:26 AMPosted by Tenor
<span class="truncated">...</span>

My point is that they COULD find some way to make it scientific. The idea is called Transfusion. Maybe Ana's darts transport the energy/blood from the opponent into Ana via some technology from Oasis.

The "Lore" of Overwatch is not going to stop Blizzard from making characters and new, interesting. They could pull a wizard or an orc from WOW and explain how it ties into science later via comic or cinematic. The lore should not be a limiting factor when coming up with new abilities.

But it is. Even ressurect was explained as not so much a form of necrosis but a form bringing someone back from the brink of death. I believe that using lore for abilities is what makes the game good and interesting not just a jumble of ideas that don't belong.

Plus, I said I liked your idea, wasn't pushing it down. Was just saying that without an explanation, it practically breaks the mold and creative structure of the game. Just adding some for the sake of adding would mean that we can just have a character with forget all abilities and zero lore behind it cause it doesn't matter.

But again, that's just a me thing and something I back the OW team up with since it shows their real dedication for their characters.
You should probably repost this when the new forums go live so people can continue the conversation.
02/19/2018 08:52 AMPosted by Kawaiigames
You should probably repost this when the new forums go live so people can continue the conversation.

Good idea, thanks.
*shameless bump+ :b