So....that's it?

General Discussion
I don't really see how an extra half-second of slowdown on a target with 3 7 meter dashes is really a net buff when we're discussing countering mobility. The issue isn't that she can't freeze people fast enough, it's that Mei should counter mobility as literally her only job and doesn't because any movement ability can escape from her and she can't close that gap.

These buffs aren't going to make her better against mobile characters unless they've already used their abilities up and, again, Mei already would've been able to kill them before this change so what's the point?
It’s not going to do anything to help deal with Tracer
Because Mei doesn't need very much.
"I'm questioning if anyone at blizzard actually plays Mei"

I have been asking the same question pertaining to mercy for half a year now my friend. This team have made some pretty dumb decisions as of late
02/14/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Miikumon
02/14/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Bloggerman
The enemies move 50% longer more slow. Not stay 50% longer frozen.
So it'll take actually longer to freeze them now? This is so confusing

Jeff literally said "increasing the duration of her freeze" - maybe im too tired to understand it the right way, but I took it as frozen enemies are staying longer frozen than before (which should be good against Roadhog and Dva)

And he also literally gave an example with Tracer. The slow her primary fire has now lasts longer, meaning it's easier to freeze people or catch people who escape.

Edit: downvoted for explaining how they were wrong and what it actually meant. Gotta love these forums.

Freeze (slow) duration increased to 1.5 seconds (up from 1 second)
I personally love this buff. I was just trying out Mei and I think I like her more than McCree now...
Remember what happened when Blizzard added 2 damage to each bullet Soldier 76 shoots ?

Yeah this buff may seem small, but its still a buff
As long as they don't say this, I think she'll be fine:

"We felt like we really had to come up with something special for Mei players so that they felt like their new ultimate was really worthy of the hero that they've come to love and respect so much."

:p
At least the longer freeze time allows you to say hello twice instead of one before headshotting a squishy, I would take that as a QOL change.
This for mei doesnt seem to change much, but if we combine with Sombra, Mei can actually become a very good duo with Sombra imo.

Sombra can hack faster, meaning she can deal with these high mobility heroes, while mei after can then outclass them by freezing them and get the shots done afterward.

Might make her a better team-hero, but she's still not that great against 1v1(high mobility heroes).
02/14/2018 03:58 PMPosted by ReshiRed
This for mei doesnt seem to change much, but if we combine with Sombra, Mei can actually become a very good duo with Sombra imo.

Sombra can hack faster, meaning she can deal with these high mobility heroes, while mei after can then outclass them by freezing them and get the shots done afterward.

Might make her a better team-hero, but she's still not that great against 1v1(high mobility heroes).

The existence of Sombra is going to make a very cooldown dependant character much less relevant.

Especially since Iceblock isn't immune to "favor the shooter" like all other escape abilities.
Can I freeze hog lile 80-90% icicle him in the back, dust him to keep debuff on, icicle again, dust again... repeat and basically lock him from being able to move/fight back at all for an extended period of time in order to drive him insane?

If so I'm going to be the most oppressive annoying Mei ever.
02/14/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Miikumon
Having 10 icicles instead of 8?
Targets are frozen 0.5 secs longer...?

I am speechless, specially after the time they took and with all the available feedback of Mei-mains. I am questioning, if anyone at Blizzard actually plays Mei on a regular basis. I mean, these buffs are not addressing te problems we actually have with her, which are:

-Mobility Heroes can evade her primary too easily (im looking at you, double jump)
- Her ult is ridiculously useless against 5/6 of the cast
- her bugs

What is the goal of these changes? Im supposed to spam a Tracer, hoping to be lucky to land a crit? Why isn't my primary the better choice for this, why can't we use it to counter mobility?

This game is getting faster and faster with characters getting new movements (Hanzo, Roadhog, Mercy, Junkrat, etc.) or new characters getting added with those already in the kit (Doomfist, Moira - even Orisa with Fortify) - why can't we have one strong ability against that?

I just feel so empty after all the anticipation and getting excited for weeks.

I really hope the Devs gonna watch Meis stats very closely during the PTR and might considering doing a bit more to help her. If not, I actually don't see any reason to play her except for my affection for this character.

Thank you for listening, I know this thread is kinda pointless, but I really wanted to out this out here as someone who loves overwatch and specially Mei a lot

these buffs are not going to be enough, she is so far off from being viable atm
02/14/2018 03:52 PMPosted by GenjiU!@#$e
At least the longer freeze time allows you to say hello twice instead of one before headshotting a squishy, I would take that as a QOL change.

the longer duration is for her slow not for the freeze effect I believe
This is a great change. Now you can properly line a headshot. That’s huge. And big trouble for any dps, support that gets frozen
if you think that buffing mei is going to stop dive....

you're right.

HOWEVER, the devs fully understand that they need to be careful, because mei's freezing effects and damage is not exclusively used against one role. whatever happens to mei is going to affect the entire hero roster. as you said, it is easy to evade her primary fire as a hero with high-mobility, but what exactly does that mean for heroes with little to no mobility? basically, however effective mei will be against high-mobility, she WILL be more effective against heroes with less mobility.
Yeh it's not even a buff of the enemies being frozen for 50% longer.

They just move slower for 50% longer if you stop spraying them with your beam. Honestly the worst change they could've made for mei.

I just don't understand how they van call mei over bearing but then buff junkrat into Insta useful in every tier including gm
I was really hoping stuff would have been addressed like dying even after you used cryo(the cooldown even started counting down) or tossing your ult(drone literally out of your hand), dying, only to have the ult cancelled.
02/14/2018 04:07 PMPosted by Storm
Can I freeze hog lile 80-90% icicle him in the back, dust him to keep debuff on, icicle again, dust again... repeat and basically lock him from being able to move/fight back at all for an extended period of time in order to drive him insane?

If so I'm going to be the most oppressive annoying Mei ever.

I hope that's a thing honestly.