So....that's it?

General Discussion
02/14/2018 02:25 PMPosted by Miikumon
02/14/2018 02:11 PMPosted by Bloggerman
The enemies move 50% longer more slow. Not stay 50% longer frozen.
So it'll take actually longer to freeze them now? This is so confusing

Jeff literally said "increasing the duration of her freeze" - maybe im too tired to understand it the right way, but I took it as frozen enemies are staying longer frozen than before (which should be good against Roadhog and Dva)

It means people will be slowed longer, allowing you to chase LoS if they don't immediately get the hell out of dodge.
[quote="207602677504"]"I'm questioning if anyone at blizzard actually plays Mei"

/quote]

I feel like someone on the developer team must have an absolute hatred with mei considering her bugs are never prioritised, she's ignored and given these buffs that mean nothing only because every other trash tier is getting buffed.

Although someone on the design team absolutely loves mei and she gets so many skins because of it
02/14/2018 02:34 PMPosted by Rightwardsky
You're telling me, I was expecting good things with the Doomfist changes. I know how (some of) you Mei players feel.

It's like Christmas Day....

And you figured out Santa just gave you a FREAKING T-SHIRT! It's not a bad T-Shirt granted....BUT I COULD HAVE USED SOMETHING ELSE OUTTA MY PRICE RANGE LIKE THAT NEW GAME CONSOLE I'VE LITERALLY TALKED NONSTOP ABOUT!

THANKS SO MUCH SANTA!
I was playing Mei on PTR earlier (Granted PTR testing is never reliable because no one takes a match seriously) but I found Mei a lot better with these changes.

The increased slow duration made it very tricky for heroes to escape me, especially those tougher ones like Moira and Genji. Tracer still reliably gets away because she is Tracer, however if you tap her with primary fire she is slowed long enough to go for the headshot now.

It doesn't sound like a lot on paper, but an extra half second on her slow has honestly made her feel so much better imo.

Edit: Something else I noticed. Mei vs Mei is harder now. Normally you would need a headshot + Punch to kill the other Mei first, but with the increased slow you cant always reach her for the punch anymore. Just a small thing, but worth keeping in mind if you try her out later.
i opened a topic specifically to point out the biggest flaw in the new buff,
and how to help mei
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20762036082#post-1
please leave a reply!
Mei gains a new combo for killing a 200HP enemy quickly. She can touch you with primary to apply slow + tiny damage, headshot, reapply primary for a small bit of damage, then melee for the kill. You have to practice it a bunch of times to get the manual timing down for when to melee, but it is a fast kill on anyone with 200HP and works because they are always slowed with no gaps, allowing the easy headshot and to close the distance to land the melee.

Additional benefits of the buff:

-If Mei touches a Tracer with primary at all, even if she blinks out there is a generous amount of time to align a headshot against a slowed Tracer. In order to counterplay the Tracer must escape out of line of sight before Mei's right click is charged or juke it with more blinks/recall. All in all, Mei can force tracer to expend cooldowns or get an easy headshot.

-Mei can now kite people while landing headshots. Touch a Reaper/Reinhardt with primary > headshot > touch with primary > headshot, etc...
Now I can’t say eight inchsicles when I play mei
The icicle adjustment frankly doesn't matter. It's not like she has a massively long reload animation compared to how long it takes to empty her clip anyways.
02/14/2018 02:05 PMPosted by Miikumon
Having 10 icicles instead of 8?
Targets are frozen 0.5 secs longer...?

I am speechless, specially after the time they took and with all the available feedback of Mei-mains. I am questioning, if anyone at Blizzard actually plays Mei on a regular basis. I mean, these buffs are not addressing te problems we actually have with her, which are:

-Mobility Heroes can evade her primary too easily (im looking at you, double jump)
- Her ult is ridiculously useless against 5/6 of the cast
- her bugs

What is the goal of these changes? Im supposed to spam a Tracer, hoping to be lucky to land a crit? Why isn't my primary the better choice for this, why can't we use it to counter mobility?

This game is getting faster and faster with characters getting new movements (Hanzo, Roadhog, Mercy, Junkrat, etc.) or new characters getting added with those already in the kit (Doomfist, Moira - even Orisa with Fortify) - why can't we have one strong ability against that?

I just feel so empty after all the anticipation and getting excited for weeks.

I really hope the Devs gonna watch Meis stats very closely during the PTR and might considering doing a bit more to help her. If not, I actually don't see any reason to play her except for my affection for this character.

Thank you for listening, I know this thread is kinda pointless, but I really wanted to out this out here as someone who loves overwatch and specially Mei a lot

When Jeff mentioned "For those extra headshots you need when Tracer comes at you". He full well knows how over performing Tracer is, and does these little tidbit useless alterations to characters who need bigger ones just like Mei.

Meanwhile Hanzo who only needed scatter gone, not only gets a powerful replacement, but a freaking get out of jail free card pouncing forward!

What the hell are these people even doing? Sure as heck aren't playing their own game outside of the meta Jeff loves so much.
So pretty much be a sniper with Mei and if they're closer use primary. Got it OW developers.
It's weird how Jeff was talking about Mei becoming too oppressive if they buff her wrong so they give her these minor changes and then buff Sombra so you have a sixth of a second to stop her from disabling you .-.
Somehow Blizzard has it in their mind that Mei is a "strong and balanced pick" despite being at the bottom of both pickrate and winrate in most tiers

I can't see these changes really helping that much honestly and will probably inhibit low mobility heros more then it will high mobility ones

Her ult needed some love, that's for sure, really surprised they didn't put any buffs into that because it has become as difficult as Mcree's to pull off now and has very little strength compared to other ults

Pretty dissapointed, especially when you see what buffs other heros are getting
02/14/2018 05:16 PMPosted by REDCYCLONE
Somehow Blizzard has it in their mind that Mei is a "strong and balanced pick" despite being at the bottom of both pickrate and winrate in most tiers

I can't see these changes really helping that much honestly and will probably inhibit low mobility heros more then it will high mobility ones

Her ult needed some love, that's for sure, really surprised they didn't put any buffs into that because it has become as difficult as Mcree's to pull off now and has very little strength compared to other ults

Pretty dissapointed, especially when you see what buffs other heros are getting
The best part is Mei has been low tier for over a year and the devs finally noticed and then gave her these miniscule changes lol.
thank you for all the answers, guys. I share your frustration and I'm grateful for every insight on how she is playing out on the PTR.

I just woke up, had a good night of sleep to think about it and am currently in the "this is a joke"-mood.

Blizzard: we don't want to make Mei oppressive
Also Blizzard:
makes Sombra oppressive

Community: Please make Mei anti-mobility! We need that
Blizzard: got you! Make Sombra anti-mobility and Mei good against slow targets, that's what the games needs
I knew her buffs were going to be worthless when he said "we think Mei is really close to being balanced"

They have no clue about balance, it's true
02/14/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Kamran
50% more freeze time is massive for sure. But the other change. Not that much.

Devs are seeing it as more chances to catch Genji/Tracer. But is it, though?
02/15/2018 01:51 AMPosted by Nicolas
02/14/2018 02:06 PMPosted by Kamran
50% more freeze time is massive for sure. But the other change. Not that much.

Devs are seeing it as more chances to catch Genji/Tracer. But is it, though?
That's the question, isn't it? Any PTR Meins here?
02/14/2018 02:48 PMPosted by Snurtlicious
I don't really see how an extra half-second of slowdown on a target with 3 7 meter dashes is really a net buff when we're discussing countering mobility. The issue isn't that she can't freeze people fast enough, it's that Mei should counter mobility as literally her only job and doesn't because any movement ability can escape from her and she can't close that gap.

She can't counter mobility without becoming OP against people without mobility. This is why they're not giving her much of a buff, because she'll end up punishing heroes without mobility more than people with mobility.

Plus she was in no way ever designed to counter either Tracer or Genji (ok Genji somewhat since he's easier to freeze, but Tracer hell no)