Widows

Competitive Discussion
I have a question. Are ALL widows in high plat/diamond smurfs or something? How come every widow i face has perfect aim and good tracking with 20%+ crit accuracy? Is this normal? I really dont know how they can always be this good. And no a lot of them arent below level 50.
20% headshots that's garbage
02/14/2018 07:20 PMPosted by Tperodactyl
I have a question. Are ALL widows in high plat/diamond smurfs or something? How come every widow i face has perfect aim and good tracking with 20%+ crit accuracy? Is this normal? I really dont know how they can always be this good. And no a lot of them arent below level 50.

They all do have that good aim.

However. Having that aim doesn't always win them games which is why they are not going up.

They tend to zone people out, but, don't put a lot of pressure on the team.

A better widow moves a lot more and puts a lot more pressure on the team, since they can't see where they are coming from and have to be constantly distracted by having to keep an eye out for her.

Widows have to play as gods to get higher. Good aim only gets you so far.
02/14/2018 07:27 PMPosted by BT160720

PFFFFFTTT LOL! Considering 15% crit accuracy with Widow is average, and 24% crit accuracy per game with Widow is top 1% of players, I'd say 20% is pretty f'ing good lmao.
15% is average
20% is great
-10% is "i only swap to widow when throwing and im a tank main with 1milion dpi"

You can still be a GM widow with 15%, landing opening hookshots in your GM games, over a plat who played 20games and got 23% in them.
words of a gold 34% general weapon accuracy xbox widow main. outstanding...
btw for op, join a widow ffa server. youll see that most people in the top are plat diamond widow mains its impressive. i often get outsniped by silver and gold widowmains
High plat and above are 10% of the playerbase and probably only half of those are DPS mains so you'd probably expect them to have good aim.
@BT160720- on pc, we dont have aim smoothing/auto aim.. we actually have to aim ourselves, sorry mr xbox.

Your % is only 15% sooooooo..............
02/15/2018 12:36 AMPosted by SaidTheBear
@BT160720- on pc, we dont have aim smoothing/auto aim.. we actually have to aim ourselves, sorry mr xbox.

All you have to do is move around a mouse, aim and shoot LOL that is honestly laughable. well we have to coordinate two different thumb sticks in order just to get the reticle on someone, nice try though man you're funny
are you guys sure with 20% beeing above average? im absolute garbage at widow and got 22%, doesnt add up.
02/15/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Hunted
are you guys sure with 20% beeing above average? im absolute garbage at widow and got 22%, doesnt add up.

You literally have 53 seconds of play time on Widowmaker......
02/14/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Novum
PFFFFFTTT LOL! Considering 15% crit accuracy with Widow is average, and 24% crit accuracy per game with Widow is top 1% of players, I'd say 20% is pretty f'ing good lmao.

20% of 10 landed shots is only two headshots -- crits/min, damage/min, and solo kills are more important than % crit.

That being said, OP, you're probably just exaggerating what you've seen. Generally speaking, if a sniper player were so excellent as to truly cause a raucous, then that player wouldn't be playing in diamond. Bluntly, there aren't good Widowmakers below 4k SR, and they're all just shooting down corridors at head line and tunnel visioning tanks. I would know, as I have literally been hunting down and contesting enemy snipers (with Pharah) since Season 1.

If you're having issues with these players, your best option is to contest them. That doesn't mean play Widowmaker as a counter, but instead let your team know that the sniper can't be left to play for free. D.Va, Winston, Genji, Tracer, and any hero that can produce cover fire from the safety of a barrier are all good options to contest a sniper.

Widowmaker has very low dps, and is designed as a long range pick machine. If she can't get picks, she's worthless. The inherent playstyle of a sniper requires them to cover an area of play space. If you invade that play space and flank her before she notices you, then you've already won half the battle. Widowmaker is a fragile hero in close quarters, and is very easy to kill.
02/16/2018 12:31 PMPosted by Novum
02/15/2018 06:36 AMPosted by Hunted

You literally have 53 seconds of play time on Widowmaker......

I have no Idea why bnet doesnt show my new stats. Im already lvl 205 now and all i played this season was Widow, Ana and a bit of winston :D
02/14/2018 09:00 PMPosted by Flumekk
-10% is "i only swap to widow when throwing and im a tank main with 1milion dpi"

More like "I'll swap if it's not working."

Seriously though, they have to have good aim to be in plat. Maybe not the best, and not the best positioning/gamesense, but at least good aim.
02/17/2018 12:40 AMPosted by Amaeyth
02/14/2018 07:42 PMPosted by Novum

20% of 10 landed shots is only two headshots -- crits/min, damage/min, and solo kills are more important than % crit.

That being said, OP, you're probably just exaggerating what you've seen. Generally speaking, if a sniper player were so excellent as to truly cause a raucous, then that player wouldn't be playing in diamond. Bluntly, there aren't good Widowmakers below 4k SR, and they're all just shooting down corridors at head line and tunnel visioning tanks. I would know, as I have literally been hunting down and contesting enemy snipers (with Pharah) since Season 1.

[/quote]

if you're not in the top 1% you're not good? lul u certainly think a lot of yourself
Welcome to the world of unmetal ranks, where you cant just walk in the open if enemy has a widow.
I am not even that good of a widow and in comp I eat them left and right.

If there is a widow on the other team who is doing well, just counter pick widow and don't kill her. Shoot and miss - don't die. If shes not killing you shes not killing your team and you just effectly made the game a 5v5.

IF you kill her she respawns and then you have to find her again. Not killing her will make them rage and want to pretend to be better and they will hyper focus you and probably send a message after the game.