Legendary Skins and Limited-Time Events

General Discussion
Hi. I do not know if this has been posted but I have heard people complaining about it.

How about the rates about the legendary skins of the event are way higher than the rates to get an old skin?

Obviously the rate of items from an event is obviously pumped up, that's why we get all these graffitis and stickers, but if we think about legendaries, me and my friend we always get the old standard ones.

If every year there is a skin then we should be able to get the events legendaries...

Edit:
Event legendary rates. Not legendary in general. If I have this small possibility to win one then it should be an event one.
no. Legendaries should stay legendaries, otherwise with an increased drop rate they would be just rare or common, right?
Save coins and buy the one you really want next time.
Event items are pulled from a pool separate to the standard loot pool
02/15/2018 06:21 AMPosted by JakuNonon

Ehm yes and no. The event lootbox may give you stuff from standard and or event.
02/15/2018 06:25 AMPosted by MitroPan

Ehm yes and no. The event lootbox may give you stuff from standard and or event.
Because it pools from both pools. it's guaranteed to give at least 1 event item, first it pools three items from the standard pool, and it's guaranteed to pull at least one from the Event pool, it might pick more than one, but that's how the event boxes work
02/15/2018 06:21 AMPosted by Player
no. Legendaries should stay legendaries, otherwise with an increased drop rate they would be just rare or common, right?
Save coins and buy the one you really want next time.

Again let me explain myself.

Event legendary rates. Not legendary in general. If I have this small possibility to win one then it should be an event one.
Take the percent for a Legendary from the standard pool

Remove it

Add it to event legendary percentage
You do know that blizzard wants the event legendaries to be more exclusive? They don't want most players to have all the skins, which I can understand.
02/15/2018 06:18 AMPosted by MitroPan
Hi. I do not know if this has been posted but I have heard people complaining about it.

How about the rates about the legendary skins of the event are way higher than the rates to get an old skin?

Obviously the rate of items from an event is obviously pumped up, that's why we get all these graffitis and stickers, but if we think about legendaries, me and my friend we always get the old standard ones.

If every year there is a skin then we should be able to get the events legendaries...

Edit:

The way the gambler system is currently working is this.

have all the whites? Higher chances for blues.

Have all the whites + blues? A slightly higher chance for purples.

Have all the purples/blues/whites? No benefit for legendary drops.

Have little to no main game legendary drops? Reduced rates on event legendarys.

Just the way it works. The less of something you have, the more chances you have to get it...
02/15/2018 06:30 AMPosted by MitroPan

no, because I feel higher drop rate would devalue the event skins I got so far. "Legendary" says it all actually.

1) Save coins
2) buy event legendary you want
3) profit

Blizzard wants you to play the game, to grind lootboxes or even spend money on them. Higher drop rates are counterproductive to that.
I got 4 legendaries on this event so far, and all of them are non-event legends :|

I think the normal legends got something like increased chance of getting them on event. Not some kind of decreasing the chance of getting event legends.

Since on off-event, i barely got legends rather than on-event (even tho they're normal legends)
I've got 1 event legendary (phara) and 1 non-event legendary (widowmaker).
In the end of the event I'm going to buy either mercy or the genji skin, although I never play genji, just like the skin which is superb.
02/15/2018 07:42 AMPosted by DeadLock
I got 4 legendaries on this event so far, and all of them are non-event legends :|

I think the normal legends got something like increased chance of getting them on event. Not some kind of decreasing the chance of getting event legends.

Since on off-event, i barely got legends rather than on-event (even tho they're normal legends)

No, Jeff stated that any legendaries that are non event during an event don't have a higher drop rate or replace on event legendaries. The game at random gave them to you and they happen not to be the ones from the event.
02/15/2018 06:29 AMPosted by JakuNonon
02/15/2018 06:25 AMPosted by MitroPan

Because it pools from both pools. it's guaranteed to give at least 1 event item, first it pools three items from the standard pool, and it's guaranteed to pull at least one from the Event pool, it might pick more than one, but that's how the event boxes work

No it's not, I've gotten many event boxes that had zero event items.
02/15/2018 07:21 AMPosted by Player
02/15/2018 06:30 AMPosted by MitroPan

no, because I feel higher drop rate would devalue the event skins I got so far. "Legendary" says it all actually.

1) Save coins
2) buy event legendary you want
3) profit

Blizzard wants you to play the game, to grind lootboxes or even spend money on them. Higher drop rates are counterproductive to that.

That's what I do, but it still sucks that event legendaries are 3000 coins instead of the normal 1000. You're on point with Blizzard's motivation.
02/15/2018 07:58 AMPosted by Ragnarok013
No it's not, I've gotten many event boxes that had zero event items.

You're lying, it might ot be a NEW event item(so you just get gold), but in every EVENT lootbox you get an event item. The only possiblity is that you open a lootbox earned before the event during the event, this happens because these boxes items are determined once you get them NOT when you open them.
Well since event items are on their own seperate loot table, pulling a non event legendary does not make chances to get an event one smaller.

In fact, the chances to get a legendary in event lootboxes is twice as high (because you get two rolls for legendary, one for event and one for non-event). The chances of getting an event legendary are just as high as getting a normal legendary from normal lootboxes.

See for reference:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/overwatch/topic/20759348563#post-8
The regular legendaries have higher chances from event boxes while the event legendaries have proabably the drop rate of normal ones.

Considering the event legendaries aren't such a high number, if they increase the chances of getting the event legendaries, you will have all of them in no time.
It's all RNG. I got 2 already: Maccree and Widow. I didn't even open more than 15 boxes. Bought none, all got in game.

Also, it depends on you level. If you are low level, the chances os getting any other legendary, being event or not, from the box is way higher than someone who has almost all the legendaries.

On xbox, im lvl555 and all events i get almost all skins just playing the game.

On pc, lvl221, i have to get way more boxes, because most of skins are still locked.
Ex: on christmas i got all the 4 mei legendary and had to buy the event one, on pc, because of my low level.
02/15/2018 08:16 AMPosted by andrezovisk
It's all RNG. I got 2 already: Maccree and Widow. I didn't even open more than 15 boxes. Bought none, all got in game.

Also, it depends on you level. If you are low level, the chances os getting any other legendary, being event or not, from the box is way higher than someone who has almost all the legendaries.

On xbox, im lvl555 and all events i get almost all skins just playing the game.

On pc, lvl221, i have to get way more boxes, because most of skins are still locked.
Ex: on christmas i got all the 4 mei legendary and had to buy the event one, on pc, because of my low level.

I'm new at this game & I'm lvl 47, how about that? I bought 11 got 1 non event skin & when I play arcade, I got the new Mercy skin.