Community Poll: Make CTF Comp Permanent

General Discussion
Highly Rated
A lot of players like the new CTF with the new setting. Me personally I always thought the CTF was the most fun mode. CTF is usually my jam anyways, but the Overwatch cast & abilities make Overwatch CTF probably the best CTF I've ever played in any FPS. But I digress, alot of people like the mode and I'm sure the people who play standard competitive day-in and day-out like to have a different mode that still provides SR and people who don't like the standard mode finally have a different means to be a competitive player. So how would the community feel towards making it permanent? Wouldn't be hard just click "Competitive Play" and it could prompt you to choose between Standard and CTF (possibly Free-For-All in the future?) before it throws you into a game.

If you support the idea or discourage it LIKE OR DISLIKE THIS POST and if you feel compelled to show your stance in the comments a simple "+1 or -1" will suffice if you have nothing to say.

:)
+1
+1.

Changed my mind to a yeah, I just played a couple games. It's really fun and I'd love to be able to switch to it every now and then.

Original Post:
Somehow I placed Masters, which is pretty cool. But it's the only mode where I feel extremely comfortable to be on Ana since you can really help keep the flag carrier alive. It's the most fun I've had in the game in months.

The only issue with having it be permanent is burn-out. Some comps will become a must-pick, and then it'll get stale very quickly. Very few people will consistently play it, and it'll die out.

I wouldn't mind having it on rotation in the Arcade in a casual format, though. Permanent may be an issue, however.
-1. I like it a lot but I don't think it's quite there yet. Only half the cast is really even viable, with about 6 being very strong and about another 6 having good potential, maybe a handful of others having some perky little surprise strat potential.
02/15/2018 05:15 PMPosted by Rythix
The only issue with having it be permanent is burn-out. Some comps will become a must-pick,
How is that any different from normal comp?
Just fix the Lucio garbage and it would be a great addition to the game.
+1

Less intense than regular comp.

02/15/2018 05:31 PMPosted by McDuckington
Just fix the Lucio garbage and it would be a great addition to the game.

That's been fixed for PC and the patch is coming soon to console!
02/15/2018 05:24 PMPosted by TLiciousX
I like it a lot but I don't think it's quite there yet. Only half the cast is really even viable, with about 6 being very strong and about another 6 having good potential, maybe a handful of others having some perky little surprise strat potential.
Sounds exactly like regular comp..
-1. I like it a lot but I don't think it's quite there yet. Only half the cast is really even viable, with about 6 being very strong and about another 6 having good potential, maybe a handful of others having some perky little surprise strat potential.

well just like the other modes theres characters that do well and bad, better and worst depending on their allies pick.

Using the ana guy and the new CTF as an example he can sit on that perch and heal his flag carrier saftly, now you can also have a Widow instead and i seen her carry flag carriers back by killing pursuers. Reinhardt isnt the best but partner him with zarya, shatter defenders grab the flag and zarya walks him back maybe throwing a grav surge behind them to cover escape. Its all how you partner with your teamate really that decides the meta. People say triple tank is pointless and others say its overpower but really its the players using them and timing abilities that makes them strong in CTF just like the modes. Last night i had about 5 wins a row doing the zarya rein combo but today the 3 reins i came across were way outta place to make anything worth being called a combined assault an utter failure. Even Symmetra and Mei have a good spot on any CTF if they partner and position right.
It’s nice to have a variety of modes that cater to multiple people to keep everyon happy. The more content the better. Keep adding stuff for people to do. People will be too busy gaming and having fun to complain.
Multi-queue would make it work, for me. Queue up for multiple modes and let the matchmaker put you where you are needed. Otherwise I worry about long queue times.
What if, after we got 1-2 more arcade comp modes (with even more in the future?), we got a new comp mode rotation every season with the competitive season change. They could even time them with events probably, so the season during the summer games would have competitive Lucio ball. Then of course the season during lunar new year would have competitive ctf. They could do more event themed modes, or just randomly assign some others.
02/15/2018 05:35 PMPosted by robotwizard
I like it a lot but I don't think it's quite there yet. Only half the cast is really even viable, with about 6 being very strong and about another 6 having good potential, maybe a handful of others having some perky little surprise strat potential.
Sounds exactly like regular comp..

I see a majority of the hero roster played in comp on a regular basis, and have seen every single one on the past week. For the majority of the playerbase, comp is quite varied.

On the topic of CTF, I don't like the changes made from last year to this year, and I don't really like the competitive arcade modes in general. They work as a novelty, but I'm done with them before the event ends. I want just normal CTF on rotation after the event.
Agree, we need more ways to earn competitive points. Normal competitive is boring for a lot of people.

CTF competitive is a lot more fun IMO.
02/15/2018 05:59 PMPosted by momo
What if, after we got 1-2 more arcade comp modes (with even more in the future?), we got a new comp mode rotation every season with the competitive season change. They could even time them with events probably, so the season during the summer games would have competitive Lucio ball. Then of course the season during lunar new year would have competitive ctf. They could do more event themed modes, or just randomly assign some others.

Competitive modes that cater only to one character like Lucio Ball would not be good. Only good lucios would do well, he's probably in my top 5 least played characters me going up against people who are serious about Lucio is not a good idea. Same with Mei's Yeti hunting, that would only cater to mei and winston players for an entire comp season with what your suggesting. CTF gives all characters equal opportunity to do well versus modes built (and named) around one character.
02/15/2018 06:04 PMPosted by Draco
02/15/2018 05:35 PMPosted by robotwizard
...Sounds exactly like regular comp..

I see a majority of the hero roster played in comp on a regular basis, and have seen every single one on the past week. For the majority of the playerbase, comp is quite varied.

On the topic of CTF, I don't like the changes made from last year to this year, and I don't really like the competitive arcade modes in general. They work as a novelty, but I'm done with them before the event ends. I want just normal CTF on rotation after the event.
And do you remember season 1 comp?????
2 Lucios
2 Winstons
2 Tracers
Sounds like a arcade mode to me.....
I say yes just so we can have more variety and regular content in the game.
+1
ctf is unable to utilize the entire cast of heroes. for example, characters like sombra struggle pretty hard in ctf
02/15/2018 06:12 PMPosted by Shadow
ctf is unable to utilize the entire cast of heroes. for example, characters like sombra struggle pretty hard in ctf

Same for normal competitive, heroes like Torb and Symmetra get a bad reputation for not being so good in the current meta.