Down 800 SR from season high as Mercy main

Competitive Discussion
Prev 1 3 4 5
Learn a new hero OR be a good mercy, by this i don't mean mechanically good at mercy like use of guardian angel, etc. I mean use your MIC for calling out targets instead of using your mic to scream at your teammates for "not protecting you".. Thats just my general idea of mercy mains who don't deserve the sr they had gained due to her being a mustpick

Just so you know there are a minimum of 2-3 mercy one tricks on ALMOST EVERY PAGE of top 500 who were 2500sr in season 6.. You really think it's fair how mercy one tricks go up by 1800sr in 2 seasons just because of a hero being mustpick since season 6 of competitive...

Stop complaining about dropping 700sr just because you can't abuse the SR system anymore. I'm happy they removed PBSR from the higher ranks so at least you won't see season 6 platinums in top 500 season 7
shout out for straight SR match making. no hidden vodoo MMR crap.
You know what, I’m over it. I’m going to embrace the diamond in me and play whatever makes me happy. It’s not like I’m going pro/anyone pays attention to console players anyway. Step aside, haters!
I just watched one vid and read this thread.. hard to compare or if it can be compared to pc mercy..
i rly dont get ppl who play games like this on console

but as mercy main with 1k+ hours on her and pretty much all of it in comp i can tell u that her "reign" as it is now is over,..

to streaks or ups/downs with her its not rly much surprise i was gm with her as 1.0 s4&s5 in season 6 i dropped to ~2750 =)) up to 3800 down to low diamond, up again two days ago i was 3300, today 3750 ..

moira and zen in overall output after good hours into them is just higher than mercys
I’ve often wondered if you can compare pc Mercy and console Mercy.
As predicted

I got some mercy one tricks on my list, and 90% of them are down by allot. Only the mercy mains that are actually good remain at their rating. Not cause they a good mercy, but cause they actually pay attention while playing and bringing that game sens over to another hero.

That`s the disadvantage you get for playing only 1 hero.
Why do people keep saying stuff that I have already refuted in this thread?
02/16/2018 08:55 PMPosted by Hegemoness
Why do people keep saying stuff that I have already refuted in this thread?

Cuz no one reads but think they're the gods of overwatch and know everything. C:

I feel ya with the team mates, it's not just mercys adjusting to this no one is used to not having a ctrl+z machine behind them anymore. Things will balance out eventually once their dependency on mercy wanes a bit aswell. However for now just don't listen to these toxic people who wouldn't play support if it was the difference between a win and getting stomped. I've found that I actually climb more when playing solo and strictly filling. I always pick last so i can see our team comp before I pick a healer, because mercy isn't that well rounded support anymore. Sometimes it is better to roll with a moira lucio than to stick to mercy yknow? Even ana, i especially like an ana against or with bastion comps but that's just me. And zen/moira or lucio/moira for dive tho mercy can work too if youre careful.

Tbh I've been playing mercy since before comp was released because I thought she was fun c: then she became a necessity to win a comp game the past few seasons which sorta killed the fun. I'm embracing the opportunity to play new hero's c:

I rambled alot, and probably didnt make sense. But do what I did, take a breather (even if you'll decay, ranks just a number who cares what the toxics say) playing flustered is truly a game killer.
I am in silver, 1516, is it possible to place in platinum? REALLY want to know! please and thank you
02/16/2018 09:42 PMPosted by TyRex
I am in silver, 1516, is it possible to place in platinum? REALLY want to know! please and thank you

Yes, you can place in any rank.
What basically happens when a broken hero gets fixed, the OTPs that got to a higher rank will drop back down. If you can only play 1 broken hero, you really don't belong at a high rank. That was the problem with Mercy mains, that they were useless if they picked anything else and now that she isn't OP like before they're struggling to keep up with the meta change.
02/16/2018 10:23 PMPosted by Hun
What basically happens when a broken hero gets fixed, the OTPs that got to a higher rank will drop back down. If you can only play 1 broken hero, you really don't belong at a high rank. That was the problem with Mercy mains, that they were useless if they picked anything else and now that she isn't OP like before they're struggling to keep up with the meta change.

Dunno, I was masters with Mercy 1.0 too. And I can play several characters to at least a diamond level, as I have done so on alt accounts. Usually I don’t get to on my main because no one wants to heal. Then you guys (speaking in general terms) that never heal love to turn around and make fun of the OTPs you helped create by not ever playing support.
02/16/2018 11:59 PMPosted by Hegemoness

Dunno, I was masters with Mercy 1.0 too. And I can play several characters to at least a diamond level, as I have done so on alt accounts. Usually I don’t get to on my main because no one wants to heal. Then you guys (speaking in general terms) that never heal love to turn around and make fun of the OTPs you helped create by not ever playing support.

No one creates OTP but the players themselves, I can play every hero at least to Master's level, but am able to play Hitscans and Hanzo at a GM level. Since season 6, I've been a filler for the most part, but was DPS mostly before then. For season 3 and 4 I was a Hanzo only omw to GM.

Mercy has always been a hero that if you could perform at a platinum level you could be carried to GM. That was literally why there was a huge stigma for players picking Mercy or Lucio because they could be easily boosted.

It was honestly that there was no difference sometimes in the skill level between a Low Diamond and high Masters Mercy players. You basically saw huge spikes in SR for mercy players since season 3.
It seems like you have mainly de-ranked due to your Moira win rate at 27%. If you stuck to Mercy you could probably climb back to Masters. You should probably watch some Moira twitch streamers to see what you are doing wrong, presuming there are some.

I dropped out of Masters once when Lucio got reworked and dive comp came in.

In PC Mercy still seems fine and the mains I know are still around the same rank. Maybe console is different.

I myself am a tank main who used to flex to Mercy when needed. I am glad I never have to heal now as people like playing support now they don't have to pick Mercy.