Blizzard ignoring the mercy players

General Discussion
02/16/2018 06:33 AMPosted by MightySquid
Does blizzard actually care about the mercy players feedback? Cause it seems they don’t really care what we have to say.

> devs doesn't give us what we want, regardless if it ruins the game or not
> means they don't care "about us"
oh come on ...
02/16/2018 07:03 AMPosted by HANA
02/16/2018 06:59 AMPosted by Qwazi
All you do during your Valkyrie flight is press spacebar until you are so far up that people can't shoot at you any more... that's it... FLYING IN VALKYRIE IS ABSOLUTELY NOT FUN

>Implying press Q to win was much more "fun" ability.

Aren't the majority of ultimates "Press Q to win" tho?
02/16/2018 07:00 AMPosted by kleanupman
See the problem is the other way around. You mercy players literally ignore or flat out dismiss the responses blizzard give you then accuse them of not listening. They have said they are letting things settle with mercy. They have said they are not going to revert mercy. But you guys dismiss all this and continue to spam the forums with your tears everyone is getting tired of reading. Who is ignoring who here?

Fact is you guys need to accept the situation. They have been focused on mercy for a long time now and have her at a place that is not a mandatory pick. They are not going to push her to the front now. There are a slew of changes coming. Mercy is not the only healer in the game and the game does not revolve around mercy. She is not unplayable far from it. Whatever “fun” you claim to not be having is subjective to you. Not all mercy players feel that way and your fun is not greater than their fun or the players you are playing against fun. The game isn’t balanced around your own personal wants and needs

The last blue response we got was that she seemed viable and that they weren't going to revert. If she wasn't viable they'd "go back".

Thing is though that people in those 4k post megathreads? They weren't harping on Mercy's viability. They were harping on how much it felt like a chore to play Mercy even when she was an overpowered must pick.

Let me say that again. Mercy felt boring even when she was overpowered.

There's no dust to settle. None of the last set of changes even attempted to make Mercy more fun. Meaning that we knew going in that Mercy was still going to be a chore to play... she'd just be less powerful so a lot less people were going to bother.
02/16/2018 07:08 AMPosted by Kawagima

Aren't the majority of ultimates "Press Q to win" tho?

Ana's is press Q to watch and hope someone else wins.
Widowmaker's is press Q to see red silhouettes waving at you behind walls.
I love Hanzo but he’s been UP for the entire life of the game. That’s about 2 years now right? Mercy got a well-deserved nerf not that long ago and they are letting the dust settle before making any more changes.
But there's the point: They've been working on Mercy for months. They have her at a place that is balanced but is unfun for some. I have a lot of hours on her. For me? She feels about the same. I sometimes found her fun, but I mostly chose her because "must-pick!" or I wasn't in a mood to be trying very hard (QP), and this isn't to offend anyone playing Mercy, it was just how I perceived her for myself. I digress though. The reason you aren't going to have changes any time soon is because it takes time to implement changes. Look at how long it took for Junkrat, Sombra, Ana... all these heroes that have been either getting buffed or nerfed. Hell, Symmetra is being looked at for a re-work again. And Hanzo is barely going to get one after almost 2 years of people complaining about his kit. The developers need data and input, they need to brainstorm and test these things before making them live on PTR for larger-scale testing. They are not going to answer every question or suggestion you have, even if they've read it. It is impossible. Give them time to do these things. You can't demand that your favorite get looked over others that have needed changes as well. I'm pretty sure that she is not their priority right now because for a long while she was, and now that they have her at a spot they deem viable, they want to focus on characters that have been needing changes for longer so that they can gather enough input on Mercy to return to her again. If you think they don't read the megathread you are wrong.
I still really like playing her, but maybe I play her differently. Dunno. I get a lot of healing per game, and I manage to shoot a few squishies too.
I genuinely don't know what's worse: the people who constantly !@#$% about mercy, or the mains who constantly ^-*!@ about every single nerf. SHE'S STILL GOOD FFS. People still ask for me to play her in competitive. She's clearly not that bad.
02/16/2018 07:01 AMPosted by JollyJoseph
02/16/2018 06:48 AMPosted by Shade
It's literally been two weeks since the last patch she got. They already announced they have no plans to revert and are waiting for the dust to settle.

Yes but they have been on this tangent with her(nerf after nerf after nerf) for a long while and when they hit her with the last meganerf, we were very vocal about how we hated it.

She hit a 100% pickrate and deserved those nerfs. It doesnt matter if you hated it, the entire playerbase has hated Mercy for the past 5 months. You guys can wait more than two weeks to see where she lands.

People aren't even opposed to Mercy changes or buffs, we're saying you can't complain that you're unheard when your character was the strongest in the game for damn near half a year. Let some other people have the spotlight, there are tons of characters who need development time and spotlight.

We're all more interested in Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Symettra and Torb changes than revisiting Mercy again and again and again. Let the dust settle.
02/16/2018 07:50 AMPosted by Shade
02/16/2018 07:01 AMPosted by JollyJoseph
Yes but they have been on this tangent with her(nerf after nerf after nerf) for a long while and when they hit her with the last meganerf, we were very vocal about how we hated it.

She hit a 100% pickrate and deserved those nerfs. It doesnt matter if you hated it, the entire playerbase has hated Mercy for the past 5 months. You guys can wait more than two weeks to see where she lands.

People aren't even opposed to Mercy changes or buffs, we're saying you can't complain that you're unheard when your character was the strongest in the game for damn near half a year. Let some other people have the spotlight, there are tons of characters who need development time and spotlight.

We're all more interested in Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Symettra and Torb changes than revisiting Mercy again and again and again. Let the dust settle.

No one is saying that Mercy didn't deserve nerfs.

The problem is that at literally every single point they nerfed something that Mercy actively did. They never touched any of the passive stuff that made her more powerful but not any more fun... or in some cases less fun.

I do agree that Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Symettra and Torb all need changes... no argument here... but... for reference... very recently Digital Extremes released patches that rebalanced like... 100 guns in Warframe and 2 reworks of playable characters and updates to at least 4 others. There is ZERO reason why Blizzard can't do both.
There is nothing wrong with Mercy. The only people complaining are the ones that used her OP abilities as a crutch for their inability to properly triage and heal teammates.

I have no problem out-healing every other healer on my team and having fun while I'm doing it.
Does blizzard actually care about the mercy players feedback? Cause it seems they don’t really care what we have to say.
good, that's a good thing
02/16/2018 07:07 AMPosted by Mirkea

> devs doesn't give us what we want, regardless if it ruins the game or not
> means they don't care "about us"
oh come on ...
Mei and Symmetra are F-tier for 2 year and their bugs, along with Doomfist's bugs, are still not fixed.
Sure, they get buffs right now, but only after the more popular and more viable heroes has gotten their reworks and buffs first. But their bugs are still present.

I do think they care for us and that they listen our feedback (sometimes), but I also think that their own feedback weights way more than our feedback and stats in the balance triangle.

Mercy is no exception to this.
02/16/2018 07:58 AMPosted by FFirebrandd

No one is saying that Mercy didn't deserve nerfs.

The problem is that at literally every single point they nerfed something that Mercy actively did. They never touched any of the passive stuff that made her more powerful but not any more fun... or in some cases less fun.

I do agree that Sombra, Hanzo, Mei, Symettra and Torb all need changes... no argument here... but... for reference... very recently Digital Extremes released patches that rebalanced like... 100 guns in Warframe and 2 reworks of playable characters and updates to at least 4 others. There is ZERO reason why Blizzard can't do both.

Again, the playerbase at large is not opposed to more Mercy changes but we are all subject to how Blizzard does things. They don't do quick balance they take forever.

So if it comes down to a choice between visiting Mercy for the millionth time or visiting characters like Sym, Torb and Hanzo who have been waiting two years I'm not picking or being sympathetic to Mercy.

I'm still waiting for my Ana buffs but I'm not going crazy and threatening to burn down the forums over it. The beauty of hero games like Overwatch and DOTA before it is that there are other characters you can play. Characters rise in the meta and they fall in the meta, sometimes they're rubbish to play and sometimes they're unfun, sometimes they're beyond overpowered.

I don't know what it is with Overwatch where people refuse to play other heroes or realize some characters will have periods where they're down.
02/16/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Shade
I don't know what it is with Overwatch where people refuse to play other heroes or realize some characters will have periods where they're down.

To be fair, this is one hero from a role that has a viable pool of four, and one main healer out of a viable pool of two.
02/16/2018 06:51 AMPosted by Qwazi

Yes they are ignoring our feedback.
Jeff even talked about their requirements gathering procedures, and when it came to talking about the feedback from the forums he just went on about there being lots of micro-communities and groups. I got the impression that they thought there were too many conflicting opinions so they just decided to ignore all of it and do whatever they felt like on their own, with the primary purpose of simply achieving balance and with little regards to the enjoyment of playing the hero.

The real answer is the massive wave of Mercy feedback didn't come from "the Discord"...dun dun dun

I'm fine with them taking a look at her and making her fun.. but in under no circumstances do I ever want the return of resurrect.. if you can accept that, than the non-mercy community would back you up.
02/16/2018 08:22 AMPosted by Arfbix
02/16/2018 08:08 AMPosted by Shade

To be fair, this is one hero from a role that has a viable pool of four, and one main healer out of a viable pool of two.

This is a very fair point and I concede it to you.
What feedback?

“Revert Mercy” doesn’t count.

Sure, there’s a couple actual ideas, but they are so few and far between, even more so when you look for an actual decent idea, that it’s not surprising that Blizz doesn’t notice.
02/16/2018 08:31 AMPosted by BADD

I'm fine with them taking a look at her and making her fun.. but in under no circumstances do I ever want the return of resurrect.. if you can accept that, than the non-mercy community would back you up.

I'm fine with this. Actually, I'd be more than happy to rework rez into either a preemptive ability (marking them for rez, and then having to go in to perform it-- so you need to have an idea of who is most at risk) or into a burst heal that she can trigger on a teammate to save them from death.

One of the very early concepts for an e ability for Mercy was also a stun that she could use. I'd like that, honestly.

02/16/2018 08:50 AMPosted by Slyther0829
What feedback?

“Revert Mercy” doesn’t count.

Sure, there’s a couple actual ideas, but they are so few and far between, even more so when you look for an actual decent idea, that it’s not surprising that Blizz doesn’t notice.

to be fair, it's hard for the unique ideas to surface when they're locked and funneled into a megathread.

Ideas regulate themselves. Popular ideas float, unpopular ones sink. Blizz, however, has been very determined that everyone was going to use the megathread. Leaving the genuine ideas to get lost.