Would you rather have a 4.1k sym main or 3.8k tracer main

General Discussion
In a comp game if you had the choice between a 4.1k sym main or 3.8k tracer main who would you choose

Mine is the tracer

Edit:
So it seems people say the de difference isn't big enough for it to be difficult, because tracer is way better. That's what I find sad, 309 sr is half a tier and the difference between masters and gm is huge, yet sym is so trash that even being at a higher skill tier with her doesn't make people want to have her on their team over someone who is ranked way worse

That's sad and is a testimate to how bad she is rn
Trick question.

There's no such things as a 4.1k Sym main.
Tracer. The Symmetra main would be balanced out by the system, so you would also get someone lower. I’d rather not have a game where we win or lose based on the map and/or if the enemy is capable of countering Symmetra.
depends on the map, honestly. Symm is cruel on certain maps.

02/16/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Elma
Trick question.

https://www.overbuff.com/players/pc/IHoldM1-2988

hm.

edit: there's actually a lot of sym mains over 4100, color me impressed.
02/16/2018 07:20 AMPosted by Elma
Trick question.

LOL
02/16/2018 07:19 AMPosted by DrFate
In a comp game if you had the choice between a 4.1k sym main or 3.8k tracer main who would you choose

Mine is the tracer
tracer
Tracer because Symmetra is so niche that no one knows what her niche it.
Those SR differences are quite negligible though... There's not a big enough gap to justify taking the Symmetra over the Tracer. Sure, the Symmetra is a good player and has a higher SR but the Tracer has more versatility...

You gotta make the difference significant enough for this to be a difficult choice...
02/16/2018 07:19 AMPosted by DrFate

Mine is the tracer

tracer
Is this even a question ? Obviously Tracer.

The SR difference isn't big enough to justify picking one of the worst heroes in the game over one of the best heroes in the game
The Tracer.

The SR diff between the two doesnt really matter, since the system balances the SR out between the two teams anyway.
Sym, would rather have someone of skill on my team instead of a nooblet who plays an overly powerful character.
02/16/2018 07:23 AMPosted by Honchkrow
Those SR differences are quite negligible though... There's not a big enough gap to justify taking the Symmetra over the Tracer. Sure, the Symmetra is a good player and has a higher SR but the Tracer has more versatility...

You gotta make the difference significant enough for this to be a difficult choice...

300 SR is about half a tier difference.
Depends if it is attack or defense but i lean more towards the Symmetra.
She does more for the team and the enemies may not be prepared to deal with her.
I always enjoy having a symmetra in my team that knows what to do.

As someone who has been in both of those SR tiers, that is a huge difference.

That's what I find sad, normally 300 ad is pretty big especially when it's the difference of gm and masters

Yet sym is just so bad 300 sr looks negligible when it's actually a lot
The Symmetra easily, if they can play Symmetra and get up to 4100, they're probably better than it seems.
I'd go for Symmetra too. I'm tired of always playing the same teamcomp in masters. It's either Tracer+Genji+Winston+Dva+Zen+Mercy(me) or Roadhog+Orisa+Tracer+Genji(sometimes McCree)+Zen+Moira(me) all the time. I welcome off meta OTPs. I especially love Symm OTPs because they usually hard carry. I also like to pocket a Symm as Mercy and watch her microwave those pisky flankers! Only maps where I'd prefer Tracer over Symm are Dorado, Route 66 and Junkertown. I personally feel like Symm struggles a lot on payload attack.
02/16/2018 07:28 AMPosted by Caution
Sym, would rather have someone of skill on my team instead of a nooblet who plays an overly powerful character.
skill and symetra OMEGALUL
I'd choose Symmetra.
In QP, Arcade, or Custom Games- cus it's hilarious to watch people flail about saying 'SYM OP'.
In Comp though? Tracer- much more of a usefulness in that area.